EA Forums - Banner

Your real level

Prev13
I have no quest lines going, so I'm at the right level.

Replies

• mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Those Level XX Add Me threads confuse me. I don't understand why anyone would "require" a certain level for new friends. I can't think of a single reason why it would really matter.

The only reason it can matter is showing a level of dedication and that you might be around. **** if you ask me, and frankly I like adding some people just starting so I can watch their town come to life (almost said so I can watch them blossom, eek).

Beyond that I think it is just some weird not wanting to be associated with syndrome.

I will say that when I was in the lower levels I was about two levels ahead of where I should have been, but at that time I was an hourly player, sometimes more if time permitted, like tapping those brown houses every 5 minutes frequent. I do not miss that.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited February 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    Those Level XX Add Me threads confuse me. I don't understand why anyone would "require" a certain level for new friends. I can't think of a single reason why it would really matter.

I added someone who created one of those threads. His town was a see of edge to edge pink houses, two squares of road, one of water, and one of pavement.

I dropped him immediately after looking at that train wreck.
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited February 2013
    zuzupj wrote:

Bonus levels yet? I've only gone through one bonus level so far. And, thanks to the extra time we got with the winter update and the fact that Smithers and Burns weren't really needed for the holiday quests I was able to become a true level twenty-five.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I have gone through one buns level as well. I would guess I a half way to the next, but that's a guess, didn't look at it, but I know I was about a 1/4 of the way there yesterday
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited February 2013
    spiffshine wrote:

Some people for a while actually believed that if they had people who were all at a certain level they wouldn't have any issues with crashing. Then of course there was the bonus glitch with the friends and people wanted to ensure they'd have the best chances at getting good gold. There's the theory that if they get someone at a high level with certain things in their towns there's less chances they'll end up getting someone who's house farming their way to higher levels before they get the quests finished. I think also too they ask for those requirements because they want to see some well thought out towns with a lot of the same things they have in their towns.

There are any number of reasons why someone has those requirements in their "Add me" threads. I just don't subscribe to those reasons and get who I get. Then again I don't desperately add everyone who asks me to be their neighbor. I already have way more friends than I can reasonably manage.
  • selzdaze
    15 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm level 25 based on XP accumulation, but 18 in game terms. Just building the penitentiary today...
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Chibihalo wrote:
    zuzupj wrote:

Bonus levels yet? I've only gone through one bonus level so far. And, thanks to the extra time we got with the winter update and the fact that Smithers and Burns weren't really needed for the holiday quests I was able to become a true level twenty-five.

I have opened two bonus level boxes and I'm 12,444 XP from my third bonus level gift box. :D
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited February 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    mdfriend wrote:
    I will say that when I was in the lower levels I was about two levels ahead of where I should have been, but at that time I was an hourly player, sometimes more if time permitted, like tapping those brown houses every 5 minutes frequent. I do not miss that.

I remember those days as well. I was always ahead because I played very frequently and planted a LOT of trees and flowers. My XP added up quickly, but I don't think I was ever 10 levels past the storyline!

I don't think the guy is ten levels ahead but I certainly didn't see anything you should be seeing in a level 24 town let along anything close to a level twenty town. I didn't really see a Moe's (unless I didn't look far enough for one), a police station, a prison, or a lot of the things you see by the time a person is at level twenty-four. I don't think the person even had Marge yet (unless she was tucked away in the Simpsons house doing housework) as I never saw her in the town.
  • bravopilot
    101 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    On my second Springfield that I restarted during the crash fest before the last up-date. This was on level 6 so for grins I piggy backed on my anonymous town on my primary and ran the friend glitch for a few days to see if I could get all the land, this advanced me well past the story line. When the up-date came out I had all the land and was at level 25 but still doing level 10 tasks
    After the update I have continued the town on its own account but with out buying any donuts so now I am doing level 14 tasks but at least it has all the land
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited February 2013
    selzdaze wrote:
    I'm level 25 based on XP accumulation, but 18 in game terms. Just building the penitentiary today...

Yeah, that holiday stuff really packs on the XP as does throwing up all those parking lots benches and trees.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I created a second account and I'm on level 10 currently building the school. I'm not sure what level that is supposed to be.

Anyway, I find that for this V-Day event that having a low level town is a disadvantage, not only because some buildings are not available, but receiving Valentine's cards from more than a couple people are almost impossible. I don't have enough characters and three or more people visit my town my cards are out. So, I can see why some people want higher level players for this situation.
  • BlueElwood
    148 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I thought people wanted 'higher level' players because it shows they've been playing longer which means they've most likely brought donuts & thus have more premium items in their town, hence allowing them to 'farm' their neighbours however the latest update got rid of that problem which I believe improved the stability :).

Also people most likely want higher level players because they're more likely to remain playing and be a daily player, in the beginning the Valentines update was a little annoying because of the different time zones it was at least a day or two before I could access all my friends towns.

Edit - Where I am in my town, I've been Level 25 for a while, I have all the buildings, I'm pretty sure I have finished all the tasks for Valentines Day - Homer and Marge send 12 hrs in the golf course and err, yeah not much has happened. I'm just saving for more land.
  • Lsleong
    258 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm maxed out on XP, but am just about to build the hospital. Is that level 24? I gained a bunch of XP just from putting my people on hourly tasks and always visiting friends in the beginning. And then I had a glitch in my game which made me wait eons to build the church. Because of that, I was probably 4-5 levels ahead. I was hoping to catch up after Christmas, but the Krabappel tasks took forever and were so boring, I had lost some interest so I wasn't checking my game regularly. Then the Burns update came out and I've been trying to catch up since. Only a couple more days to go! :D

I added a bunch of friends for the Christmas update so I could collect coins. I was not picky, but now I feel I have to delete a bunch. There are a lot of lvl 25 with very little land and all their buildings are bunched together. I really don't understand what the point of having a town is when you don't play with it to make it nice... I would love to get some more forum regulars who sound like they put a lot of pride in their towns, but I know you all get a ton of friend requests. I might even be lost in a few of your lists. So if you have room for one more, I'd love an invite :D
  • Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    zuzupj wrote:
    I created a second account and I'm on level 10 currently building the school. I'm not sure what level that is supposed to be.

Anyway, I find that for this V-Day event that having a low level town is a disadvantage, not only because some buildings are not available, but receiving Valentine's cards from more than a couple people are almost impossible. I don't have enough characters and three or more people visit my town my cards are out. So, I can see why some people want higher level players for this situation.

You are definitely correct about low level disadvantage. Cram your character buildings on your "landing point". That way people can still quickly tap your cards before they disappear. I've been doing this on my test accounts, one of them has about as many hearts as my main account, with about 25% of the characters. It's funny to see 20 hearts pop out of Apu's ****! Even if I log in once a day, I usually pull 60-100 hearts with only 8-10 characters.

As for the OP, I think the friends bonus glitch sent people to inflated levels a lot more than house farming does. It still takes some time with house farming, where using the bonus glitch could get you up to level 25 in a week or two. Now that it's gone, it'll be a much slower process, even though that doesn't take back what's already happened.

• zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    You are definitely correct about low level disadvantage. Cram your character buildings on your "landing point". That way people can still quickly tap your cards before they disappear. I've been doing this on my test accounts, one of them has about as many hearts as my main account, with about 25% of the characters. It's funny to see 20 hearts pop out of Apu's ****! Even if I log in once a day, I usually pull 60-100 hearts with only 8-10 characters.
    I'll have to try that, but I only have 14 friends right now and most of them don't seem to visit.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited February 2013
    zuzupj wrote:
    I'll have to try that, but I only have 14 friends right now and most of them don't seem to visit.

I visit.
  • BouncyX
    114 posts
    edited February 2013
    i think i'm really at level 25 as i should be. i've never gotten anything "ahead of time". i've been playing since the game came out and until the valentine update i had 0 friends and i only added them to get many hearts cuz i wanted to build a "love garden" and probably wouldnt have had the time or ability to if i was still alone given the limited availibility. now i'm just building up hearts in case there's some special thing near the end. but if there isnt then its all good...i have nothing else i need or wanna do with them so if i simply lose them, so be it.

but i dont do this house farming thing....i just build my town and make it as pretty as my lack of talent allows me. i never speed up anything so i always wait whatever time the buildings or tasks take. i've never bought donuts so what i have is all from in-game reasons.

my town isnt terribly big either because i have to wait for everything but its all part of the fun. though i recently broke my "no double buildings" rule and added 2nd versions of 3 or 4 of the houses. but its only because i was tired of having all that open empty space so i wanted to fill a little corner. lol

i lucked out with land though, back when EA "reset" everyone i gained a crapload of land i didnt have before. my town got all rearranged but i didnt lose any buildings or characters. i did recently buy a lot more land but i had over 3 million dollars so i felt i could afford it. but i play daily and multiple times a day so i built up that money all "fair and legal". lol

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    mdfriend wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:

The only reason it can matter is showing a level of dedication and that you might be around. **** if you ask me, and frankly I like adding some people just starting so I can watch their town come to life (almost said so I can watch them blossom, eek).

Agreed. One of the little touches about the latest update that I like is the ability to see which of one's neighbors has or has not bothered to visit and drop v-cards. As someone who has neighbors ranging from 9 to 25, I thus have the ability to see that there is virtually zero correlation between level attained and the degree to which a friend is a good versus bad neighbor. People should, of course, be free to rationalize their choice of neighbors on any of the various aesthetic criteria that they happen to deem crucial (farming, level reached, etc., etc.), but I think they're kidding themselves if they think those choices have any practical consequences.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    Hmm I think i was level 24 or 23 during a week or two in the xmas update update and I was just building android dungeon
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I visit.
    I'm talking about my level 10 town. I have awesome neighbors on my real town!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!