EA Forums - Banner

Can I play Tapped Out on different devices

I have always played on my ipad, but I'm thinking of getting an android phone. Would I be able to go between the two different operating systems to play? Sorry if this is a silly question, I just want to be sure. Thank you!

Replies

• Yes you can switch devices although you often need to have both available at the same time as a message can popup after switching asking you to go back to the other device again and run TSTO one more time to ensure that your progress has been saved.
  • hey thanks alot to that answer girl22721 even though it wasnt my question its one I have had for awhile mine was switch from android phone to ipad tab
  • I would suggest synchronising your game on your first device (by going to Krustyland or friends screen and back to your town) before using your second device.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • again thanks Muhsterino that sounds whole lot easier then what I thought it would be also I just sent a player on here that asked a question and I answered the best I could but told them to check your post cause you have helped me and others on here Alot
  • My daughter used to play on her iPhone and a couple of Android tablets like mine and one she had access to when babysitting at the same time, switching between one and another quite often

She noted too if she had the warnings she would play anyway and not suffer much (if any) loss in progress
    You just had to look didn't ya!...
  • Yep as others have said sync often and you'll be fine. I've played on many different devices and have found iOS seems to outperform Android in general, especially neighbor visits.
  • KillaSqirl wrote: »
    Yep as others have said sync often and you'll be fine. I've played on many different devices and have found iOS seems to outperform Android in general, especially neighbor visits.

Not sure if it's OS dependent myself as the last time i played with a IOS based device was a ipod touch 3rd gen, more likely to be device dependent as I've just treated myself to the S8+ and the loading of neighbours is super quick.
  • KillaSqirl wrote: »
    Yep as others have said sync often and you'll be fine. I've played on many different devices and have found iOS seems to outperform Android in general, especially neighbor visits.

Not sure if it's OS dependent myself as the last time i played with a IOS based device was a ipod touch 3rd gen, more likely to be device dependent as I've just treated myself to the S8+ and the loading of neighbours is super quick.
    Think you need a powerful Android phone (like S8), playing TSTO.
    At home I use a iPad Air 2 and on the go a LG V20, and there's a huge difference between the two devices..Guess the iPad is twice as fast , as my Android phone. A really pain in the a..
  • 4junk3000
    5405 posts Member
    girl22721 wrote: »
    Yes you can switch devices although you often need to have both available at the same time as a message can popup after switching asking you to go back to the other device again and run TSTO one more time to ensure that your progress has been saved.

This message will not appear if you quit the game correctly.

On Android, it's done by tapping the BACK button (not the Home or Recent Apps buttons), while in Play mode in your own town.

bb9x0Zi.jpg
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • girl22721
    1159 posts Member
    I always close the game that way but still usually get the warning message when switching devices, even if I went to Krustyland or neighbours immediately before I quit.
  • girl22721 wrote: »
    I always close the game that way but still usually get the warning message when switching devices, even if I went to Krustyland or neighbours immediately before I quit.

Same here, usually when switching from tablet to phone in a morning before work
  • Interesting. I used to get the message daily, until getting an android phone (Gs4) which had different buttons in the bottom than the tablet (Nexus7).

Once I stopped using the home button to close, and started saying yes to quit, I've not seen the message at all, and I play both devices every day. It's been very nice saying goodbye to it forever!

I'm sorry you can't experience this. =(
  • 4junk3000
    5405 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    girl22721 wrote: »

The back button does not quit from KL or the neighborhood screen. It takes you back to your own town. THEN you must hit Back again, from your own town to prompt that dialog box I put the pic of.

Try it that way if you haven't already, hopefully it will work for you too!
  • That's what I already do; return to my own Springfield then quit using the back button and tapping 'YES'.
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    I was thinking about adding the game to an Android phone I used to have, but after reading about it I decided not to. What I read said, the mobile might not be able to go into sleep mode if the game was downloaded. I have a second generation iPad, and so far it's been great, except for a few bugs during events, I've been happy. When I first got my iPad, I downloaded the game, but me, not liking to figure stuff out and reading a bunch of story lines, I almost dumped the game after a few days. I didn't want to get involved with a lot of thinking, then, decided to give it one more chance. That was back in 2012, and glad, except for blowing tons of money buying donuts for crap I just had to have, ever since, I've become addicted to this game.
  • wadebear
    4076 posts Member
    Gary_A_D wrote: »
    What I read said, the mobile might not be able to go into sleep mode if the game was downloaded.
    Trust me on this: Having your phone fail to go to sleep in NOT an issue. Keeping your device from going to sleep is the issue. The only one I have that doesn't go into sleep mode while I'm playing (usually at the most inconvenient times) is my iPad, which is the only one which has "Never Sleep" as an option.
  • this is great knowing all this the only thing is I was thinking about it but not sure now I really want a ipad crap more money also never thought about not just tapping yes when leaving game now try just hit back
  • I know pretty much shut this topic off but just now thought I have a EA origin but I downloaded the game through google play would that make a difference for sync my town through android and ipad
  • Dougie_Powers_17
    2323 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Like I mentioned before, my daughter never really had any problems between constantly switching between iPhone and Android tablets, stores are just for each platform to help install the game, the actual game itself is the same and the information is held on EA servers
  • WindsongBard
    50 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Yeah they save your information on their servers. Then when you log in with your account on another device it downloads your town to whatever device you're using and you're good to go. Just be sure to sync your game before switching devices. Although even if you don't it will let you know about it when you try playing on the new device. In that case just start up the game on the last device and it will sync it up for you so you can use the other device. Then hit ok on the new device and you're now good to go. If you hit play now you will lose any progress made on the other device. I should know since I play Tapped Out on an Android, Iphone, and Amazon Kindle.