EA Forums - Banner

Event premiums randomly released

Prev1
I dont like this newer random premium release business. It used to be we got a bunch of premiums released at the same time and we could pick and choose what we wanted to spend our donuts on. Occasionally they'd add an extra premium or a Gil deal but we had a pretty good idea what was going to be offered as a limited release during an event. Add to that, they've locked out poor LPNINTENDO from being able to read those files so we cant even get a heads up. (It almost goes without saying how much LP's help is missed!).

So I did a quick check of my Google Play wallet history and wouldn't you know I've been freemium since 3/25/2016! I can attribute that to two things: First, I make more than enough donuts buying and selling rat trap trucks with the level 939 bonus and the XP multiplier. The second reason is this random releasing of premium items over the course of 40+ days in any given event. Where I used to grab up a bunch of premiums at once and pay RL $$$ to get instant donut reserves. I now simply choose not to get items because of the 'there might be something better coming' factor. In most cases, even with the last minute bring all the event premiums back for one last chance, I've already lost interest or spent the donuts on something else or out of spite, just passed on spending donuts period. I have been much more critical and strategic in choosing the few premiums that I find worthy of adding to my town now a days. I feel like I'm the Whale that got away! Too bad for EA, I was spending ummm... $300ish dollars a year on average prior to this past year.

Was wondering how others felt about this topic and if it has affected your premium status or spending habits?
"I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "

Replies

• ghallmark814
    2340 posts Member
    I read through all of this and it occurred to me that I now understand this video for the first time ever.

(Not being facetious, that is really what I thought) :|
  • adruralo
    3275 posts Member
    I don't mind the spread out of the premium offers over time, gives me a chance to collect and purchase any required donuts as I go along.
    Evens things out for me.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • ArmpitAttack
    2303 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Do you also like it when people complete the hair removal process in a single day rather than shave one side of their head and then come back the next month to tidy up the rest. Just get it all shaved together and shove all the hair into one big hairbag.
    Not a series of little baggies each filled with tiny amounts of hair.
  • I think it's to keep people playing :).
    And to stop people playing for the first day of each act, getting every item, rushing all items etc and then abandoning the act until the next "thing" :).
    I like it! It makes me log in with a reason to log in.
    But ... With this event because they've stretched out a tiny idea into 6 weeks there is a lack of premium items which you can see when there was only 1 new item when Act 2 and 3 started.
    When a new act hits I want to see something different - new items, a new feature, a new part of the story etc :D
    tapped-out.co.uk
  • I don't think that it has changed what premium items that I purchase to be honest although it seems that the game is definitely catering for the newer players by releasing lots of older items and a few nnew items for the long term players and whilst I'm mildly moaning I'd like to see some more items released for game cash as there is a distinct lack of new items for cash.
    Welcome to the forum, there's some fantastic information available on here.
  • I seemed to have noticed in the last event and upcoming in this one that there's a 'last chance' sale now, where everything previously offered is offered for a few days at the end of the event for those who missed them beforehand, it could be the kind of thing to look out for in the future... I know I have been waiting to see everything that's on offer and (with the exception of knightboats, snapped up three of those for the multiplier) I am gonna decide what to spend my limited budget on (if anything) at the end...
    Oh Lord!.... My town is a mess... *sigh*
  • we've unlocked their secret and posted the dates so no problem
  • 1pillform
    1953 posts Member
    Believe me, people can still see the files. That won't ever change. And your right, years ago they use to add up to 5 or 6 premiums at a time to choose from. Now its just 1 or 2 here and then another 2. And maybe a Gil deal. And then another 2. etc.....
    ~Always be Designing~
  • Just to expand on what I was saying as well as what LPN said about managing to find out the dates, there is a list of things available for four days from 5th to 9th May in a last chance sale..
    TSTOTopix wrote:
    Last Chance items:

Globex Compound Bundle, Not a Laser Shark Pool, Cypress Creek Elementary, Cypress Creek Sign, Russ Cargill, Femme Fatale, E.P.A. Hover Jet, Crouching Panda Hidden Egg Roll, Sha-Boom Ka-Boom Cafe, National Bank of Springfield, Atomic Bomb, Basketball Court, X-Ray Machine, USS Tom Clancy, Super Collider, Buckingham Pay-Less Motel, Knightboat rebate, Botanical Garden, The Island of Dr. Hibbert, Abandoned Store, Nighthawk Diner, Police Tank, Burns State Prison, Springfield Coliseum w/Drederick Tatum rebate, Beer -N- Brawl w/Lurleen rebate, Film Set w/McBain rebate, Duff Brewery w/Duffman rebate, Lucius Sweet, Gabbo and Arthur, Stoner’s Pot Palace and Spring Relaxation Bundle.
    Oh Lord!.... My town is a mess... *sigh*
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    I do like the last chance sale. It gives me a little more time to consider what I may want to buy.
  • we've unlocked their secret and posted the dates so no problem

Thats great news! And thank you again for all you do here!
    "I gave him a couple of blintzes to paint my fence but he never did it! "
  • rw228
    1043 posts Member
    I think it's to keep people playing :).
    And to stop people playing for the first day of each act, getting every item, rushing all items etc and then abandoning the act until the next "thing" :).
    I like it! It makes me log in with a reason to log in.
    But ... With this event because they've stretched out a tiny idea into 6 weeks there is a lack of premium items which you can see when there was only 1 new item when Act 2 and 3 started.
    When a new act hits I want to see something different - new items, a new feature, a new part of the story etc :D

^this! Load up acts at the beginning with some premium items and I don't maybe even some in game cash items if that's still a thing. This event didn't even have an item that generated event currency that I can think of.
  • I farm enough donuts that it doesn't bother me, but I hate that I rarely get the new items notification. There have been multiple releases in this event that I only knew about because of the forum.
  • Do you also like it when people complete the hair removal process in a single day rather than shave one side of their head and then come back the next month to tidy up the rest. Just get it all shaved together and shove all the hair into one big hairbag.
    Not a series of little baggies each filled with tiny amounts of hair.

this does bring back memories.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3007 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I farm enough donuts that it doesn't bother me, but I hate that I rarely get the new items notification. There have been multiple releases in this event that I only knew about because of the forum.

This does annoy me. If it weren't for diligent fellow tappers' posts, I'd never know. Seems they even did away with the "new" tag on the store when something is added.
  • adruralo
    3275 posts Member
    I farm enough donuts that it doesn't bother me, but I hate that I rarely get the new items notification. There have been multiple releases in this event that I only knew about because of the forum.
    I actually now follow LPN's link to looks at the dates when new or re-released items will be coming, rather than rely on EA's notifications or not.

iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • Where is this link you speak of? :)
  • 4junk3000
    5232 posts Member
    I read through all of this and it occurred to me that I now understand this video for the first time ever.

ESS! Ess ess ess...

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Where is this link you speak of? :)

Whenever @LPNintendoITA posts, there are three links on the bottom, a TSTOtopix link, a Youtube link and a wikisimpsons link with the most recent event page. Click on the wikisimpsons link. All of the dates and information is there. It's very useful! Thank you LPN!
    If at first you don't succeed, just give up-Homer J. Simpson
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »

ESS! Ess ess ess...

Funny but as a teen watching this on MTV I was completely bumfuzzled. I watched it with my husband a few months ago and thought it made a lot more sense!