EA Forums - Banner

Wifi speed at home

Prev1
22 megabytes down
6 megabytes up

Replies

  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    This is a random question. Can I ask why you would want to know that?
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited February 2013
    jaffaface wrote:
    This is a random question. Can I ask why you would want to know that?

    Obviously, some crazy dude from Brazil who has a forum account!!
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    jaffaface wrote:
    This is a random question. Can I ask why you would want to know that?

    Obviously, some crazy dude from Brazil who has a forum account!!

    Lol, the only other person I can think of from Brazil is Le Freeze, and he's pretty crazy so yeh.
    But still to ask what MB you have on your WiFi is still quite random. It just comes across like a focus group question for marketing.
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited February 2013
    jaffaface wrote:
    jaffaface wrote:
    This is a random question. Can I ask why you would want to know that?

    Obviously, some crazy dude from Brazil who has a forum account!!

    Lol, the only other person I can think of from Brazil is Le Freeze, and he's pretty crazy so yeh.
    But still to ask what MB you have on your WiFi is still quite random. It just comes across like a focus group question for marketing.

    Well, there are threads in here talking about caterpillars, others about boobies and shark bites, seems wifi speed is actually closer to TSTO as far as topics go.
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    30 Mbps down
    2,5 Mbps up
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    jaffaface wrote:
    jaffaface wrote:
    This is a random question. Can I ask why you would want to know that?

    Obviously, some crazy dude from Brazil who has a forum account!!

    Lol, the only other person I can think of from Brazil is Le Freeze, and he's pretty crazy so yeh.
    But still to ask what MB you have on your WiFi is still quite random. It just comes across like a focus group question for marketing.

    Well, there are threads in here talking about caterpillars, others about boobies and shark bites, seems wifi speed is actually closer to TSTO as far as topics go.

    Come to think about it, your right. Even though those topics were originally created connected to TSTO, derailment has a lot to answer for in this place. Could you imagine this being a room in which you could actually walk around and you were mingling just catching glimpses of conversations here and there. You would walk out so confused.

    In fact, I'm doing it now. So with that said
    Unlimited broadband is my package, so whatever that is?
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    jaffaface wrote:
    This is a random question. Can I ask why you would want to know that?

    Connection speed has been referenced in the past as a factor in game performance.

    See this thread:

    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9112611.page
  • danscoelho
    120 posts
    edited February 2013
    Exactly,

    It's about game performance, so it's not so random after all.

    If the game was made to perform under a certain speed, this could affect people

    or countries which are less privileged connection-wise

    I heard there are places with 100 mega downloads for free. This would make gameplay much easier,

    depending on the game, right?
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    jaffaface wrote:
    Unlimited broadband is my package, so whatever that is?
    Even "unlimited" speed that isn't throttled by your ISP still has a technological limitation. You can test your actual upload and download speed at www.speedtest.net
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    439656570.png
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    jaffaface wrote:
    Unlimited broadband is my package, so whatever that is?
    Even "unlimited" speed that isn't throttled by your ISP still has a technological limitation. You can test your actual upload and download speed at www.speedtest.net

    According to that mine is 31 Mbps, though whenever I download things its never gone above around 4 mbps, strange...
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited February 2013
    gazzajay wrote:
    dcline414 wrote:
    jaffaface wrote:
    Unlimited broadband is my package, so whatever that is?
    Even "unlimited" speed that isn't throttled by your ISP still has a technological limitation. You can test your actual upload and download speed at www.speedtest.net

    According to that mine is 31 Mbps, though whenever I download things its never gone above around 4 mbps, strange...
    Bandwidth is measure in megaBITS per second, Mbps (B is lower case). Downloads are usually measured in megaBYTES per second, MBps (B is capitalized). There are 8 bits in a byte, so 32 Mbps translates into 4 MBps.
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Yeh mines pretty slow, during peak hours I'm pretty much locked out.

    So I checked it and it's what I thought, it's slow. 4.79mb/s and up 0.91mb/s, However I checked it on an iPad. Does that matter?
  • arentwords
    114 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    439656570.png

    95 mbps?
    My Ipod gets 10.79, which is strange since my laptop usually is in the 9 range, unless I am actually plugged in which bumps it to ~30mbps. Guess we have slow internets around these parts.
  • danscoelho
    120 posts
    edited February 2013
    Which parts?

    Everyone should leave their locations, this might be useful even to the developers, I guess
  • arentwords
    114 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    danscoelho wrote:
    Which parts?

    Everyone should leave their locations, this might be useful even to the developers, I guess

    456792882.png
    Comcast Cable internet, New Jersey
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited February 2013
    dcline414 wrote:
    gazzajay wrote:
    dcline414 wrote:
    jaffaface wrote:
    Unlimited broadband is my package, so whatever that is?
    Even "unlimited" speed that isn't throttled by your ISP still has a technological limitation. You can test your actual upload and download speed at www.speedtest.net

    According to that mine is 31 Mbps, though whenever I download things its never gone above around 4 mbps, strange...
    Bandwidth is measure in megaBITS per second, Mbps (B is lower case). Downloads are usually measured in megaBYTES per second, MBps (B is capitalized). There are 8 bits in a byte, so 32 Mbps translates into 4 MBps.

    Ah that explains it then, that's my knowledge of computers for you lol
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Time Warner Cable, Hudson Valley, NY

    8pchaO2.png

    I pretty sure it's crappy. But it suits its purpose. Currently I have almost no problems with my game.
  • sellhigh378
    202 posts
    edited February 2013
    On the desktop (wireless) 48.11 mbps dl
    2.89 mbps ul

    iPad 31.33 mbps dl
    2.87 mbps ul

    Not bad, not the best but not bad :thumbup:
  • Dannesand
    434 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    eight thousand
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.