EA Forums - Banner

Stupid question of the day regarding multipliers and XP collider

shabu922
172 posts Member
I researched through the topic catalog, but was unsuccessful on finding my answers, so I'm bringing my questions here.

1. my multiplier is listed at 303.5%, and I have all Beach hideaways out and maxed out. It looks like my effective multiplier is 400% on cash and 520% on XP. Is this imbalance of cash/XP typical?

2. Does the XP collider work on the pre-multiplier cash and XP, or post?

Thanks for your time.

Replies

• Muhsterino
    4482 posts Member
    If you have any of the Springfield Heights buildings, they have a hidden XP multiplier. A lot of your questions are answered in the first 3 posts in this thread:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-new-players#latest
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • shabu922
    172 posts Member
    I don't think I made myself clear. I understand the hidden multiplier, and my SH buildings are out for the hidden multiplier. My question was regarding the multiplier for cash and XP being unequal. I expected the multiplier to be equal for both cash and XP. Am I wrong?
  • frosted1414
    2268 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Hidden Xp from SH is Xp only not $
    Collider is 5x Xp only not $
    The normal max hidden Xp is 153%. So, 303.5+153= 456.5% bonus on Xp. (and 303.5% bonus on $)
    Quick check (+/- 1% error):
    Write down current Xp from Xp bar
    Place 1 Blue Dumpster ($1000, base Xp 100)
    Write down new Xp
    Subtract to find total Xp gain
    If Xp collider is ON, divid by 5 (otherwise skip this step)
    Subtract 100 (base Xp)
    The result is your Xp "multiplier" (more correctly, bonus)
    Post edited by frosted1414 on
  • shabu922
    172 posts Member
    Thank you for your reply. My mistake was not understanding that some bonuses are for XP only. I appreciate the time and effort of an honest, considered reply.
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    Also, Beach Hideaways are not hidden multipliers, and apply to both $ & XP.
    Missing Character: The Barbarian
  • 168sean168
    3700 posts Member
    wiedmannaj wrote: »

Oh you are sharing techniques and methods on how to improve the multiplier aspect of the game :open_mouth: .

Anyway keep it up. This is good, as players are learning to play better :smile:
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    wiedmannaj wrote: »

Oh you are sharing techniques and methods on how to improve the multiplier aspect of the game :open_mouth: .

Anyway keep it up. This is good, as players are learning to play better :smile:

I am stating facts about the game to be helpful to answer a question that a fellow player asked about. Thank you for furthering the toxic aspect of this forum. That is indeed a wise usage of your time.
  • 168sean168
    3700 posts Member
    "I don't want my donuts to stop flowing because of hubris-filled loudmouths broadcasting methods on a site that is clearly read by EA.". - @wiedmannaj

Because I thought you were vehemently against the idea of sharing info on how to play the game.

So I guess I read wrongly. I take back what I posted. :pensive: Have a good day
  • wiedmannaj
    1126 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    "I don't want my donuts to stop flowing because of hubris-filled loudmouths broadcasting methods on a site that is clearly read by EA.". - @wiedmannaj

Because I thought you were vehemently against the idea of sharing info on how to play the game.

So I guess I read wrongly. I take back what I posted. :pensive: Have a good day

Yeah, my mistake, don't want to tip off EA that their item has a multiplier on it.