EA Forums - Banner

Interaction between idle characters (including pictures)

Prev1
Muhsterino
4481 posts Member
edited November 2017
There have been a few small threads previously about this topic, but very few screenshots. Here is a list of characters that can interact with each other:
gb9GCFAl.jpg
BART & MOOCH BART:
pQYksWcl.jpg
COMIC BOOK GUY & HOMER:
fbbADxGl.jpg
CHARCOAL BRIQUETTE & THE FRACKER:
ULfJ58El.jpg
EDDIE & LOU:
CzrEXCOl.jpg
FALLOUT BOY & RADIOACTIVE MAN:
OmsM4Cdl.jpg
FAT TONY & LUIGI:
jzba3k3l.jpg
FATOV & LUGASH (2 PICTURES):
H60TdGzl.jpg
ajwHTU4l.jpg
FRUIT-BAT-MAN & THE SCOUT MASTER:
8Dzp8Yul.jpg
GINA & MARVIN MONROE:
OqPfnaEl.jpg
GRAMPA & JASPER:
LgEHvLMl.jpg
KANG & KODOS:
SQOqGBKl.jpg
KIRK & NED:
CVGNy6fl.jpg
MARGE & MRS. KRABAPPEL:
m5sEqhjl.jpg
MICHAEL & RALPH:
weztPgdl.jpg
MISS HOOVER & MRS. KRABAPPEL:
8sLLww3l.jpg
NELSON & OTTO:
zgdM7YMl.jpg
OLD KING COAL & PETROLEUS REX:
LNsuoGAl.jpg
PATTY & SELMA:
0pAEmo8l.jpg

Post edited by Muhsterino on
Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS

Replies

• wadebear
    3613 posts Member
    Thanks. Now I don't have to leave my characters idle when they could be on task earning money to buy more Kwik-E-Marts (and houses and land in game #3).
  • happyone2323
    1491 posts Member
    This is great! Thank you for taking the time to do this!
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • Surfcitygal
    1193 posts Member
    Too funny :)
  • Nice!
  • anaquarind
    1492 posts Member
    Wow, great work neighbour! This must have been a lot of work to try to get screenshots like this.

Like I said before, we should have a sticky post for all of your reference threads. Or perhaps it should be a "mushy" post?
    Always looking to add active forum members! But please PM me first.
  • 168sean168
    3696 posts Member
    Do you know how to trigger it @Muhsterino ? When I noticed it and scroll to take a closer look, it ends.
  • Muhsterino
    4481 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @168sean168 Some of them were easy, such as Patty & Selma when they finished their 8H SH tasks, or Otto and Nelson was taken in KL. Most of the others I had to move the characters to a small strip of road I put down in an unused area. Example - I sent Radioactiveman to do his task at Kane Manor, moved the building to the road, then stored the building to leave him free. Next I sent Fallout boy on his task at the Superior Squad HQ, stored him and the building (they are linked) then put the building down by the road. I think they will only do the animation once when I am in town, so if I didn't get the shot I wanted I stored one of them, synched, then back to town and replace. It took a couple of hours yesterday setting things up to get the screenshots, then around an hour cropping, uploading and creating the thread.
    @anaquarind I asked @johncolombo on April 19th for my tips thread (which contains links to all my info threads in the 3rd post) to be stickied in GD.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-new-players#latest
    This was the reply:
    I'm checking with the other mods as to what can or can't be done.
    At the moment my tips thread is stickied, but in the FAQ and guides section, which does not get visited very often by players. I am still hoping it will get moved soon.
    Thanks for all the lovely comments :smiley:
  • A while back I did a load of set-ups with characters playing music together - princess penelope and lurleen, fat tony and sophie krustofsky etc. Seem to have deleted most of the screenshots but still had this one: the Simpson Sisters

vJRbzN7.jpg

• 168sean168
    3696 posts Member
    Thank you @Muhsterino , especially for the screenshots as I always missed these interactions. I caught Nelson and Otto a few times when I put them to KL but they stopped whenever I wanted to take a screenshot
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    @Muhsterino , strong work! :) Great pics ~ such fun to see! :D As for the tips thread, can you put it in your sig line maybe? Maybe something like FAQs-Guides > Tips for New Players. Would that be something that might be possible? I think many people would benefit :)
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Muhsterino
    4481 posts Member
    @Jonalinn That sounds like a good idea, however I am still hoping the mods will grant me my wish of having it stickied in GD :smirk: A lot of my posts are, or have been in RTTF, CTTF threads and in bugs and issues. I do not post a lot on the forum (compared to some players) so newcomers wouldn't even see my posts. I'm not sure if this is correct, but I thought I read somewhere on the forum that mobiles don't automatically show the signatures anyway. I must say that I don't often notice other people's sigs either!
  • Muhsterino
    4481 posts Member
    Thank you to @happyone2323 for sending me pictures of the remaining animations that were missing :smiley:
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    Muhsterino wrote: »
    @Jonalinn That sounds like a good idea, however I am still hoping the mods will grant me my wish of having it stickied in GD :smirk: A lot of my posts are, or have been in RTTF, CTTF threads and in bugs and issues. I do not post a lot on the forum (compared to some players) so newcomers wouldn't even see my posts. I'm not sure if this is correct, but I thought I read somewhere on the forum that mobiles don't automatically show the signatures anyway. I must say that I don't often notice other people's sigs either!

It was just a thought :) Maybe PM John again? Fingers-crossed for you!
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    This is nice, I have not seen most of these. I think I heard someone sing the stonecutters song, but that happened only once, so I have no idea what caused it.
  • spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    Love this @Muhsterino bookmarking the overall tips for newcomers but especially this part. The interactions are they joint tasks? It doesn't say so was curious.
    Thanks again, this whole thread is brilliant. Surprised it's not locked to top, saves on a lot of hunt and pecking as well as the 30 diff threads for the same thing.
    Think a lot of folks just wants to see their name as author and this new(ish) forum style makes it so easy to lose **** :s still hate this layout/format.
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • Muhsterino
    4481 posts Member
    @spritals148 They happen when 2 characters are free in town, meet each other and perform the animations shown. I found it also works in Krustyland, it might be worth a try if you want to see some of them there.
  • 4junk3000
    5275 posts Member
    These are automatic animated interactions as they pass each other? This should be sticky thread in Showcase Section! Thanks for taking time to assemble this thread!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • Yelling at the screen doesn't make the characters interact. They are not easy to intimidate. And then when it happens it's already over before you realize to watch it. The result is you're filled with frustration, rage, and ultimately hate, which leads to the dark side as we have been told repeatedly by Frank Oz.
  • simpsonare
    2201 posts Member
    oqfhi3X.jpg
    Cletus kidnapped Lisa and tied legs up. Now Cletus has her hostage and pointing a gun at her to do promiscuous things :'(
  • I wasn't quick enough to get a screen grab and it was over before I knew it but I swear an idle Jasper and Grandpa started having an argument in my game yesterday. Jasper was pointing his paddle at Abe and Abe was flailing around and gesturing back at Jasper.