EA Forums - Banner

[BUG] Quest progress screwed up / reset

Hi everyone,

I tried to contact the EA-support first, they advised me to report this bug here, after I did the standard troubleshooting steps for tsto.
Here is the issue:
Last saturday, the game disconnects from the server. After restarting the game, old quests began reappearing. Introducing quests for characters, old event quests, springfield heights, you name it. I have now 133 open tasks, and no access to the current event (I guess it is already closed now?).
Additionally, the tasks for Mr. Burns skin from the money mountain are no longer accessible. The corresponding quest for the money mountain didn't reappear...
Everything else is still there: Level 132, the amount of donuts is correct, the city looks intact. Only in Springfields heights, there are now 2 buildings to produce the resources. (I moved them to have in on spot, now they are built a second time all over the place.)

The behavior is identically on 2 android devices (Tablet: Samsung Galaxy S2, Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 4). Altough i don't think that it is a caching problem, I deleted the cache on the tablet, I deinstalled the game and reinstalled it after a reboot. The issue remains.

Does anybody had an similar expierence? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Best regards,
Peter

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Hi everyone,

I tried to contact the EA-support first, they advised me to report this bug here, after I did the standard troubleshooting steps for tsto.
    Here is the issue:
    Last saturday, the game disconnects from the server. After restarting the game, old quests began reappearing. Introducing quests for characters, old event quests, springfield heights, you name it. I have now 133 open tasks, and no access to the current event (I guess it is already closed now?).
    Additionally, the tasks for Mr. Burns skin from the money mountain are no longer accessible. The corresponding quest for the money mountain didn't reappear...
    Everything else is still there: Level 132, the amount of donuts is correct, the city looks intact. Only in Springfields heights, there are now 2 buildings to produce the resources. (I moved them to have in on spot, now they are built a second time all over the place.)

The behavior is identically on 2 android devices (Tablet: Samsung Galaxy S2, Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 4). Altough i don't think that it is a caching problem, I deleted the cache on the tablet, I deinstalled the game and reinstalled it after a reboot. The issue remains.

Does anybody had an similar expierence? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Best regards,
    Peter

I’ve heard plenty of problems that roughly resemble yours, but nothing quite so severe. More pertinent, however — no one here on the forum can provide you with a solution that can enable you to fix this on your own. (I wish the low-level EA Help staff would quit sending users here with the expectation that we can fix these sorts of bugs.) You need to re-connect with EA Help and have them elevate your case further up the food chain until you get to someone who has the power to fix your game. In all likelihood they will do this by resetting your game to the point in time immediately before the disconnect. So the sooner you reach someone who can help, the better, because any interim progress you achieve will be lost.

Good luck!