EA Forums - Banner

Forum Draft Saved

Has anyone ever figured out how to delete the Forum's auto draft saved feature? I would search it, but the Search function still doesn't work. @KrustyBrand ?
DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!

Replies

• KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    Has anyone ever figured out how to delete the Forum's auto draft saved feature? I would search it, but the Search function still doesn't work. @KrustyBrand ?

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s possible to disable that feature. Like you (apparently), I occasionally find it annoying.

Side note: Coincidentally I was just thinking about the search feature this morning. In checking the relevant OT thread, I see we’re closing in on 2 months since the issue caught the attention of our senior moderator. :confused:

• Has anyone ever figured out how to delete the Forum's auto draft saved feature? I would search it, but the Search function still doesn't work. @KrustyBrand ?

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s possible to disable that feature. Like you (apparently), I occasionally find it annoying.

Side note: Coincidentally I was just thinking about the search feature this morning. In checking the relevant OT thread, I see we’re closing in on 2 months since the issue caught the attention of our senior moderator. :confused:

Ahhhh :) I thought you might know about the "draft that won't go away"! I don't often need to delete a draft either, however, the inability to do so does make me question..."Read before you submit." ?? Maybe explains some heated debates on here when one can only hit submit, instead of delete. :/ Not commenting on out Search right now. Might end up in a draft that won't go away.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member

Ahhhh :) I thought you might know about the "draft that won't go away"! I don't often need to delete a draft either, however, the inability to do so does make me question..."Read before you submit." ?? Maybe explains some heated debates on here when one can only hit submit, instead of delete. :/ Not commenting on out Search right now. Might end up in a draft that won't go away.

What I usually do in your shoes (i.e., when I have one of those longish drafts that I’ve decided not to post, but can’t delete) is replace the body with a few periods or whatnot and then save that abbreviated draft. It’s not a real fix, but it makes the problem less annoying.

• 4junk3000
    5272 posts Member
    This "draft saved" notice is covering the POST COMMENT button when I use my phone vs using the tablet.

Can someone request a resize of this notification? It's annoying.

Thanks anyone who can help!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • XXXO77O4906
    621 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    @IckabodSchrek @KrustyBrand @4junk3000

The auto draft save can not be eliminated by a button click sadly. However, if you remove the text from your post and then wait a few min till the draft updates again, the empty space will now become the next save and hence there will be nothing if you return back to the thread. This however can take a few min and if you what to speed it up, just clear it all and put a single or few letters and that way it will update faster.

As for the search function, that is still being worked on. I dont have an ETA on the fix sadly but its being worked on.

And as for the draft save size, this is more of a auto design by Vanilla forums. I will bring it up with the team but not sure much can be done about that for now. When it pops out it will go away pretty fast usually and you can also hover over it and press the small X button in the pop out window corner that should also remove it.
  • @IckabodSchrek @KrustyBrand @4junk3000

The auto draft save can not be eliminated by a button click sadly. However, if you remove the text from your post and then wait a few min till the draft updates again, the empty space will now become the next save and hence there will be nothing if you return back to the thread. This however can take a few min and if you what to speed it up, just clear it all and put a single or few letters and that way it will update faster.

As for the search function, that is still being worked on. I dont have an ETA on the fix sadly but its being worked on.

And as for the draft save size, this is more of a auto design by Vanilla forums. I will bring it up with the team but not sure much can be done about that for now. When it pops out it will go away pretty fast usually and you can also hover over it and press the small X button in the pop out window corner that should also remove it.
    @XXXO77O4906
    Apparently you did not comprehend. For Forum users, there is no way to delete the auto draft other than the method that @KrustyBrand described..... or maybe you could elaborate on what you regard as "a few minutes"? And it will clear? Or add letters?? Then those are saved.. which is what @KrustyBrand and I already know. Just another saved draft, which doesn't go away.
    @4junk3000 Wow. I rarely view/post on the Forum on from my phone, that must be beyond annoying :'(
    ...sigh, and we are all holding our breath for a Search Function.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    @IckabodSchrek I don't post from my phone but I do read the forum and delete my drafts on the phone. The autosave is really annoying.
  • @IckabodSchrek I am not sure you understood me there. If the draft save is activated and it saves something, delete the whole text from the body, after that wait a little bit and the draft should activate again if you were typing already (it is manually activated the moment you start typing and it does not stop till you leave the thread or post). Once it does activate, it will save the empty post as "the new draft" and you can then leave knowing you will come back to nothing.

The only minus of this is that it can take sometime for it to happen, that is all.
  • johncolombo
    11237 posts Senior Moderator
    I clear my draft, preview, now blank, and save that, if that helps. Hi X.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • I clear my draft, preview, now blank, and save that, if that helps. Hi X.

That's a clever idea. Simple enough. Thanks!
    BulldogMom23 in Crawl to the Finish
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    I clear my draft, preview, now blank, and save that, if that helps. Hi X.

Yes. Except it doesn’t work. Nor does the solution offered by @XXXO77O4906. At least not on my browser. The only way a draft can be saved or re-saved is if it has at least some text in it, even if it’s only a single character. (Granted we are talking about a minor annoyance here.)

• I clear my draft, preview, now blank, and save that, if that helps. Hi X.

Yes. Except it doesn’t work. Nor does the solution offered by @XXXO77O4906. At least not on my browser. The only way a draft can be saved or re-saved is if it has at least some text in it, even if it’s only a single character. (Granted we are talking about a minor annoyance here.)

Ya. This is still debunked. And all the "Oops" messages have also returned. But I'm sure this will be closed soon.