EA Forums - Banner

Boring

Prev1
I really enjoyed the putt a lots animation. Hope they bring it back with some character jobs. Anyone notice the homer and marge quest was 12 hours! Now that's a lot of...um...golfing?!

Replies

• NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    philieb wrote:
    I really enjoyed the putt a lots animation. Hope they bring it back with some character jobs. Anyone notice the homer and marge quest was 12 hours! Now that's a lot of...um...golfing?!

I like to play golf as often as possible but never played for 12hours straight before ;)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • gchelf01
    239 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Yea the valentine update as a whole was pretty lame I do like the 3 buildings but the decor was just meh but shauna was just a flop worthless character half of us had trouble remembering who she even was Ralph should've been involved, I think Manjula woulda made sense to. I get enough hearts in my own town I haven't felt like visiting neighbors once I had everything.
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I rather enjoyed this update.

First, the game stabilized. And for that alone, I'm happy. I can actually visit my town and do things - not crash out of the game after one tap.

Second, while I loved the snow feature, not having it allowed me to really decorate. I started this game in October, but it really took off for me around the holidays (in terms of advancing through the levels and getting land). But at that time, snow covered the ground making decorating a bit more challenging. With the snow gone, I was able to work up more 3D illusions, arrange flowers and plants better and really make the town look better.

Third, the new buildings may have been fairly easy to buy, but they also allowed me to finally get to that 5-star level without having to purchase 12 more Kwik-E-Marts or Krusty Burgers. :)

Lastly, two wildly expensive items were added. Now that I like the way the town looks, my new goal is to finally get the Popsicle Stick Tower. This alone keeps me interested.

If you have all items and love the way your town looks, then I guess I can understand your current boredom. So just visit less often (once a day?) and collect $$ until the next update. It's like Angry Birds. Once you get 3 stars and all the hidden eggs in all the levels, there's not a lot of reason to play other than to possibly improve your scores, until the next update. One can't expect daily updates. :mrgreen:
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited February 2013
    Like getting some new garden stuff for free lol
  • dischia
    90 posts
    edited February 2013
    Already have 1000 hearts without visiting friends. I'm so bored...
  • gchelf01
    239 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Well start spending them that's like 10 trains
  • EPICPILOT1337
    104 posts
    edited February 2013
    I actually agree, not much stuff to buy and it's not interesting except for buildings and the train...
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited February 2013
    doctoru2 wrote:

First, the game stabilized. And for that alone, I'm happy. I can actually visit my town and do things - not crash out of the game after one tap.

Second, while I loved the snow feature, not having it allowed me to really decorate. I started this game in October, but it really took off for me around the holidays (in terms of advancing through the levels and getting land). But at that time, snow covered the ground making decorating a bit more challenging. With the snow gone, I was able to work up more 3D illusions, arrange flowers and plants better and really make the town look better.

Third, the new buildings may have been fairly easy to buy, but they also allowed me to finally get to that 5-star level without having to purchase 12 more Kwik-E-Marts or Krusty Burgers. :)

Lastly, two wildly expensive items were added. Now that I like the way the town looks, my new goal is to finally get the Popsicle Stick Tower. This alone keeps me interested.

If you have all items and love the way your town looks, then I guess I can understand your current boredom. So just visit less often (once a day?) and collect $$ until the next update. It's like Angry Birds. Once you get 3 stars and all the hidden eggs in all the levels, there's not a lot of reason to play other than to possibly improve your scores, until the next update. One can't expect daily updates. :mrgreen:

I'm saying much of the same.

The game stabilizing was the single best part of the update. I was able to remove a gulp and blow, kwiki mart triplicate thanks to those new buildings and keep my five stars.

I don't have the escalator or Popsicle tower so I have to work towards that. Still a 4x4 strip of land needed and until I have all the land I'm painting on an incomplete canvas.

I have been playing catch up from the day I installed this ap. Still a long way to go and updates are awesome but much like side quests in an RPG they are just slowing me down on my main quest line.
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited February 2013
    dischia wrote:

bad neighbor 8)
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited February 2013
    Delete your account and go play... Barbie
  • jehenyen
    129 posts
    edited February 2013
    doctoru2 wrote:

Well said. The stability is the biggest improvement for me. I had removed a lot of elements to try to crash less. Once they fixed the issue, I was able to add those elements back and execute ideas I'd given up on being able to do pre-update.

Due to my decorating spree, I have not been able to afford either item so I am sending my people on tasks with more urgency to try to make enough to buy them. I am very pleased. I am, of course, looking forward to level 26, but being able to get donuts for xp has made me not as anxious for the next level.
  • bendermac
    265 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    the train is pretty ugly.
  • ctex05748
    150 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm definitely enjoying the chance to do some remodeling.

And, while Shauna may not be the greatest character, her duck-teasing task is hilarious... Already one of my favorite outdoor tasks.
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Actually i like the update. Hoping on feb 14 i can use the 1000 hearts. Or im gettingo a lot of * rose trees. :mrgreen:
    Is there anyone out there?
  • psukegreen
    539 posts
    edited February 2013
    I have around 2000 hearts and 200 rose buses might be overload. I wish there was some cars for the train and a caboose that way I could have made a train. Also I hAve a million if I feel like getting the escalator. I also already have the tower. Bored nope the first 6months saw no new updates once you hit lvl 20.
  • likecharges
    72 posts
    edited February 2013
    I think that the update was fantastic! I really enjoy the new buildings! :mrgreen:
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6348 posts Moderator
    edited February 2013
    I like this update

1 new character
    5 new buildings
    10+ new decorations
    New quest and storylines

What's not to love. Although I would have liked 2 more characters. Like Jacques & Mindy Simmons. Have Homer & Marge have a quest with these characters since they almost cheated on each other with these characters
  • Kbmarron
    8 posts
    edited February 2013
    Stability alone makes it worth it. But overall it was too short and you could get all the buildings way to quickly.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    zoephoto wrote:
    dischia wrote:

bad neighbor 8)

It's great we can see who's visited. For some reason I got dozens of friend requests recently, which allowed me to bounce the "friends" who never bothered to come by and drop some cards. The replacements have, for the most part, come through.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    shaygitz wrote:
    zoephoto wrote:
    dischia wrote:

bad neighbor 8)

It's great we can see who's visited. For some reason I got dozens of friend requests recently, which allowed me to bounce the "friends" who never bothered to come by and drop some cards. The replacements have, for the most part, come through.

Selfish neighbor, I would have drop them.

I like being able to see who is visiting. It allowed me to trim my friend list down to something more manageable.

Count me in as one who likes this update, we are getting tons of items for free. What's not to like about that? Am I bored? Slightly but I'm still enjoying the free things and the ability to go about my town and my neighbors towns without crashing is priceless.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.