EA Forums - Banner

What are the Best and Worst Value Premium Items?

Prev1
peruhomer wrote:
As it says on the tin.

To be clear, I'm not asking what you're favourite and least favourite premium items are. I'm asking which you think constitute the best and worst value for the amount of donuts that you need to spend on them? This could be based on their actual price, associated bonus payments or their package as a whole (e.g. Volcano Lair and HankScorpio).

I realise in determining value for money, individual preferences for specific characters, buildings and decorations have an important effect but let's try and keep this particular variable as isolated as possible.

Economically Fink and Otto by far. Easy to fit in, both character and building pay off. And they are not too expensive.

And if you are just looking for th bonus multiplier, white fences.

Replies

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Buildings that come with characters, you get double the cash.

Otto and his bus, I think, are the best deal going.

I like Squeaky Voiced Teen (even though he doesn't come with a building) because he interacts with so many of the buildings, it gives me options in assigning him tasks. So to me, he's worth the money too.
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited February 2013
    If you at like me and do a lot of 24 hour task then bumblebee man is nice. You get him and a 24 hour channel 6 task.

Of corse Otto is really good. Building and a guy win win.
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Worst items:

Mr. Plow for Homer. While I realize we can change Homer into Mr. Plow at any time, once the snow was gone - a mere few weeks after Mr. Plow's introduction - it seems a bit silly to have him. Plus, for 90 donuts for essentially a "skin" of an existing character, I was a bit disappointed. He does have some fun tasks, but the other Homer Skins did not cost us 90 donuts to get.

Green trash bin. O.K., there's a slight bonus multiplier, but it looks just like the blue one and doesn't do anything different. I guess one could say it's like a recycle bin and I've sometimes used it for that reason. But I'm not seeing how it's worth the donuts.

White fences. They aren't expensive at just one donut per fence section, but when do you just buy one little piece of fence? So one needs 10 or more donuts to create a fencing perimeter. Sure, it's nice to have an alternative to the brown fence, but really - this should be donut? And the bonus multiplier is really small.

Bench with jacket. Looks just like the bench that is relatively inexpensive, but ooh - a blue jacket is on this one. That's worth donuts? :roll:

Last one is burning bush. 20 donuts? Really? Sure, some are free. I stupidly sold one thinking I didn't need it as I had one (this was early in my game). Now I wish I could find another, but I'm not willing to part with 20 donuts for it.

Borderline:

Shauna. She had her first "real" part in a recent episode, yet cost 90 donuts? For that price, bring back either a famous classic character that everyone loves (like Homer's brother) or at least give her a voice. No premium character should be silent.

Fruit trees: I like them, but they seem expensive and the multiplier is low - not as bad as the burning bush and they are nicer, but they are still borderline for me.

Favorites:

Volcano Lair, Otto, Fink's Lab - essentially any building with a character, especially one that's voiced. I'll let Hank Scorpio's silence slide as the Volcano is very cool.

Springfield sign. It's big and requires several squares, but it makes the town come together. I just wish they'd allow us to put a weather station on it (like on the show).
  • zoephoto
    447 posts
    edited February 2013
    I agree with everything doctoru2 said except I'd put the sf sign in borderline. Took me a while to cough up the donuts as its purely an aesthetic purchase.
  • erik319
    642 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Focus on 2%-bonus-for-40-donuts items if it's for the money, like:

- Picket (white) Fence (takes a lot of building though, you need 40)
    - Channel 6 News Van
    - Burns Limo

I am currently at 60+% bonus (incl. conformity)

As for fun or looks, Springfield Sign, Vulcano Lair, School Bus and Piece-of-crap Car are nice, and they help with bonus too.

Personally I'd stay clear of the Funzo's as I find them not fitting at all, and boring as hell.

I forgot Frink's Lab, and the Tire Yard of course, or Duff Brewery, Aztec Theater, Krustylu Studios, all good :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited February 2013
    best

Character + building: Fink's Lab, good money, better taskes, than otto...

item: my opinion: news van multiplier, and requeires a low space, with a good price and white fences.

character only: i bet marge with caldron!!

:)

worst:

observatory building

item: burning bush

character: santa homer and funzo!!

• erik319
    642 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    LeFreeze wrote:
    best

worst:

observatory building

The Observatory is a nice visual decorative addition however, IMHO.
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited February 2013
    erik319 wrote:
    LeFreeze wrote:
    best

worst:

observatory building

The Observatory is a nice visual decorative addition however, IMHO.

low money, and too much time to get it... i dontlike!!
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Good grief! The worst is (was) Snowman Homer. 20 precious donuts AND he melts!? Close second to last Snoman Bart, at least melted he's a funny little clump around town. These are such bad choices, they aren't even offered any more. Donut sinks! Bah!

I'm going with best as Bumble Bee Man. Seven high yielding jobs AND an extra cash earner at the News Station. All for 60 donuts. Sure I wish he had more outdoor tasks, but the ones he has make me smile. C'mon, a big bee chased by bees! Classic.

Sadly I think the honor of best bang for the donut goes to the lowly white picket fence. One little old dount gains you .05% XP*. Other items can yield the same .05%, but the fence has the advantage of costing only 1 donut.

<a href="http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9286548.page">* reference</a>
  • michelleus66
    204 posts
    edited February 2013
    My take:

Best value character with building: Frink's Lab. Prof. Frink is voiced, and you can collect money every three hours. (The volcano only gives you money once a day. The Duff plant pays every six hours, but unless you don't need any sleep, you're only likely to collect three times a day max.)

Best value premium character: Well, it depends on how much you play. SVT is only 30 donuts and is voiced. But, you need the Aztec to give him a four-hour gig. (On his own, you're only going to get 1,8,12, and 24-hour jobs out of him.)

Hans Moleman gives you 1,4,6,8,12, and 24-hour jobs. He's voiced and looks cool guarding the Krusty Burger. (I like the option of six-hour jobs, too.)

Bumblebee Man gives you 10 & 30-minute tasks, but eliminates the 6-hour one. He also allows you to set a 24-hour broadcasting task at Channel 6.

This would give BBM the edge, but for new players, I'd go with Hans as BBM doesn't do much until you get Channel 6.

Best value premium building is the Aztec. It pays out every 8 hours and gives premium tasks to SVT, Bart, and CBG. It looks nice when lit up.

Best value decoration: The Channel 6 news van. 2% bonus and lets you broadcast a four-hour show at Channel 6 (with the same payout as an 8-hour program.)

The worst-value items are the limited-time ones as EA prices them higher than the standard premium stuff.

Santa's Village was the worst value as it cost 200 donuts and only gave a costume change for Homer. (Although, I have to admit Homer takes on a really dark persona as he trudges around town carrying a sack - when it's obviously not the Christmas season.) [One positive aspect is Santa Homer can activate the Try-N-Save's animation.]

The current worst value character is Shauna as she lacks typical 1 and 4-hour tasks, which makes setting jobs for her a pain. She is unvoiced and costs 90 donuts. (But, she's a limited-time character, so she'll soon be an exclusive denizen of Springfield.)

Donut-for-donut, the limited-time items are the worst value, but they do give the owners bragging rights once they go off sale.
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited February 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    Good grief! The worst is (was) Snowman Homer. 20 precious donuts AND he melts!? Close second to last Snoman Bart, at least melted he's a funny little clump around town. These are such bad choices, they aren't even offered any more. Donut sinks! Bah!

I'm going with best as Bumble Bee Man. Seven high yielding jobs AND an extra cash earner at the News Station. All for 60 donuts. Sure I wish he had more outdoor tasks, but the ones he has make me smile. C'mon, a big bee chased by bees! Classic.

Sadly I think the honor of best bang for the donut goes to the lowly white picket fence. One little old dount gains you .05% XP*. Other items can yield the same .05%, but the fence has the advantage of costing only 1 donut.

<a href="http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9286548.page">* reference</a>

in this case... how peruhomer said... in our opinion...
  • michelleus66
    204 posts
    edited February 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    Sadly I think the honor of best bang for the donut goes to the lowly white picket fence. One little old dount gains you .05% XP*. Other items can yield the same .05%, but the fence has the advantage of costing only 1 donut. <a href="http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9286548.page">* reference</a>

Sorry to be one of those obnoxious people who point out mistakes in percentage points, but the white fences pay out only 1/20 of a one percent bonus.

In other words, you need 20 of them to get a 1% boost.

The Channel 6 news van costs 40 donuts, gives you a 2% bonus, as well as letting you broadcast a 4-hour program with an 8-hour program payout.

I've never crunched all the numbers, but the white fences are not all they're cracked up to be.
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    Sadly I think the honor of best bang for the donut goes to the lowly white picket fence. One little old dount gains you .05% XP*. Other items can yield the same .05%, but the fence has the advantage of costing only 1 donut. <a href="http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9286548.page">* reference</a>

Sorry to be one of those obnoxious people who point out mistakes in percentage points, but the white fences pay out only 1/20 of a one percent bonus.

In other words, you need 20 of them to get a 1% boost.

The Channel 6 news van costs 40 donuts, gives you a 2% bonus, as well as letting you broadcast a 4-hour program with an 8-hour program payout.

I've never crunched all the numbers, but the white fences are not all they're cracked up to be.

Ahh. Excellent point. The broadcast does tip it. The same 40 donuts gets you the same 2% be it fence or van, but the broadcast does up the ante. Thanks.

Broadcasting is also why Bumble Bee Man makes for the best premium character (monetarily)(IMO). That Channel Ocho show nets out $2,800 ($5,000 - $2,200 cost) and 1250XP in a 24 hour period. //puts on the nerd glasses// if we look at the average earning per hour (hey, you gotta start somewhere) of BBman we get $167.68 and 64.23XP (these figures include the news cast) vs. say Frink @ $157.29 and 13.466XP per hour (also includes Lab's gen). Now divide those numbers per donut expense: BBMan(60) 1 = $2.79 & 1.07XP Frink(150) 1 = $1.05 & .089XP

Though, I'm not sure how much Frink's Lab adds to your overall XP.
  • michelleus66
    204 posts
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure the bonus percentage point numbers have been crunched by others, but here's what I've come up with:

Best value (bonus rate: 1% per 20 donuts):

Channel 6 News Van: 2% bonus for 40 donuts, plus 4-hour broadcast at Channel 6)
    Homer's hammock: .25% bonus for 5 donuts
    Burns limo: 2% bonus for 40 donuts
    White picket fence: .05% bonus for 1 donut
    Tire Fire: 2% bonus for 40 donuts
    Itchy Balloon: 2% bonus for 40 donuts

Here's the rest in descending order:

(1% per 24 donuts)
    Bench: .25% bonus for 6 donuts

(1% per 30 donuts)
    Orange tree: .50% bonus for 15 donuts
    Apple tree: .50% bonus for 15 donuts

(1% per 37.77 donuts)
    Springfield sign: 4.5% bonus for 170 donuts

(1% per 40 donuts)
    Piece of crap car: .75% bonus for 30 donuts
    Tree swing: .50% bonus for 20 donuts
    Burning bush: .50% bonus for 20 donuts
    Flower Planter: .25% bonus for 10 donuts
    Green Dumpster: .25% bonus for 10 donuts
    Worldwide Broadcast Dish: .75% bonus for 30 donuts
    Canon: .50% bonus for 20 donuts
    Homer Snowman: .50% bonus for 20 donuts
    Bart Snowman: .50% bonus for 20 donuts
    Snowball II balloon: .50% bonus for 20 donuts

Worst bonus value per cost: (1% per 60 donuts)
    Ambulance: .50% bonus for 30 donuts

So, the best value decoration has to be the Channel 6 new van (for the 4-hour program).
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Broadcast station... Big points and a good item when you aren't playing all the time.....5000 for 24 hours is decent
    Is there anyone out there?
  • bendermac
    265 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    i don't look at multipliers when it comes to premium items. i look what i can do with them. but then there is this thing in me that wants them all ;)

but on my list…

best
    otto, svt, hans moleman
    duffman - another task that doesn't mean dancing in front of a building would be nice

worse
    kearney - just one outside task feels pretty lame
    bench with jacket is such a waste of good donuts
    white fences are kinda bad too

mixed bag:

shauna - she needs another outside task and give her a voice.
    hank - he needs another outside task and give him a voice.
    mr. plow - on it's own he's pretty good. but 90 donuts was big price tag.
    barney - he's awesome but asking 250 donuts for him is punch in the face for everyone who didn't get him during xmas update
    santa homer - same as mr. plow but even more expensive

• bendermac
    265 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    battyguy wrote:
    Broadcast station... Big points and a good item when you aren't playing all the time.....5000 for 24 hours is decent

channel 6 building is no premium item ;)
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited February 2013
    Worst: Butterfly tent. Has no meaning in the simpsons universe,looks out of place and adds a bonus to vanity for 20 donuts?? come on
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited February 2013
    From a monetary standpoint I am going with Frink and Otto as the best characters with buildings and probably SVT as the best "stand alone" character for the variety of buildings he can work in. The worst-I have to give that more thought...
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    I'm sure the bonus percentage point numbers have been crunched by others, but here's what I've come up with:

Best value (bonus rate: 1% per 20 donuts):

Channel 6 News Van: 2% bonus for 40 donuts, plus 4-hour broadcast at Channel 6)
    Homer's hammock: .25% bonus for 5 donuts
    Burns limo: 2% bonus for 40 donuts
    White picket fence: .05% bonus for 1 donut
    Tire Fire: 2% bonus for 40 donuts
    Itchy Balloon: 2% bonus for 40 donuts

Here's the rest in descending order:

(1% per 24 donuts)
    Bench: .25% bonus for 6 donuts

(1% per 30 donuts)
    Orange tree: .50% bonus for 15 donuts
    Apple tree: .50% bonus for 15 donuts

(1% per 37.77 donuts)
    Springfield sign: 4.5% bonus for 170 donuts

(1% per 40 donuts)
    Piece of crap car: .75% bonus for 30 donuts
    Tree swing: .50% bonus for 20 donuts
    Burning bush: .50% bonus for 20 donuts
    Flower Planter: .25% bonus for 10 donuts
    Green Dumpster: .25% bonus for 10 donuts
    Worldwide Broadcast Dish: .75% bonus for 30 donuts
    Canon: .50% bonus for 20 donuts
    Homer Snowman: .50% bonus for 20 donuts
    Bart Snowman: .50% bonus for 20 donuts
    Snowball II balloon: .50% bonus for 20 donuts

Worst bonus value per cost: (1% per 60 donuts)
    Ambulance: .50% bonus for 30 donuts

So, the best value decoration has to be the Channel 6 new van (for the 4-hour program).

82.7% of statistics are just made up.

I find your use of numbers and well considered arguments backed up with evidence to be hot! I'm going to add you and hope that you don't embarrass me in front of everyone by turning me down. No pressure or anything. You know, just add me.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!