EA Forums - Banner

Top 3 Towns...

Prev1345678
Can you fix us some screenshots?

Some towns are pimped up alright, but are not realistic at all.

Are there any professional city planners playing this game? I would love to see their creations!

Replies

• kymie1988
    253 posts
    edited February 2013
    Erik319 wrote:
    Can you fix us some screenshots?

Some towns are pimped up alright, but are not realistic at all.

Are there any professional city planners playing this game? I would love to see their creations!

Yeah sure :) (I hope they don't mind me providing pics of their towns)
    I've seen some quite amazing stuff posted here on the forums. Lets hope this thread brings some of them out :D

Edit to say: it's really hard to pinpoint a certain spot of their towns for a screenshot. It's their town as a whole that makes them good.
  • erik319
    642 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Cool, looking forward!

(they won't mind, it's a social game)
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Awww....that's so nice of you to include me (even if it is tied for third, lol).

I'd rather not have screenshots of my town posted, I don't like being copied which is why you don't see me posting my town. So yes, Erk, some people do mind.

I love your garden area. I keep meaning to make a bigger garden for my town but I'm waiting to see what they do in March for the update before another redesign.

My personal favorite part of my town is the water canal system I designed to make it look like New Orleans and I even included Jackson Square.
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Awww....that's so nice of you to include me (even if it is tied for third, lol).

I'd rather not have screenshots of my town posted, I don't like being copied which is why you don't see me posting my town. So yes, Erk, some people do mind.

I love your garden area. I keep meaning to make a bigger garden for my town but I'm waiting to see what they do in March for the update before another redesign.

My personal favorite part of my town is the water canal system I designed to make it look like New Orleans and I even included Jackson Square.

u waana mean: i am too lazy to take SS... well.. this is the same i say to peple...

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    LeFreeze wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

u waana mean: i am too lazy to take SS... well.. this is the same i say to peple...

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Be nice! LOL

I have put together several entire panoramics of my town, took hours! I even posted in response to the "what have you done with..." till I realized that people were copying others down to the last shrub and I didn't like that.

Be inspired by what others do.....don't copy.

I'm liking what MayorMcCheese did with the garden area along with what Kymie did with hers. I'm going to so something similar but it won't be a copy. I just have to get rid of this cold so I can think and figure out what I want to do.
  • archimedes87
    152 posts
    edited February 2013
    I know I'm a newbie to this forum but i truly believe i have one of the top 3 towns, but i'm not friends with any of you guys specifically to be able to see your towns and compare. I have just sent all of you friend request in hopes that we can check out each others towns. I also have been visiting my neighbors like clockwork everyday collecting candies, coins, and valentines since I've had the game so i am a good neighbor to have. Thank you and hope to see you around town :D
  • erik319
    642 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

Wow, okay, surprised as hell I stand corrected!

So, nobody is allowed to enjoy your fine creations, get inspired by them, learn from you, etc.?
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Be nice! LOL

I have put together several entire panoramics of my town, took hours! I even posted in response to the "what have you done with..." till I realized that people were copying others down to the last shrub and I didn't like that.

Be inspired by what others do.....don't copy.

I'm liking what MayorMcCheese did with the garden area along with what Kymie did with hers. I'm going to so something similar but it won't be a copy. I just have to get rid of this cold so I can think and figure out what I want to do.

i dont like people copy mine, thats why i dont take any ss that people can copy .( im lying.. im to lazy even to took some ss.. )

iulke many parts of many towns,, i think many has a nice idea about towns... cant say what is my fav!!
  • erik319
    642 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    LeFreeze wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

That is quite messed up, for the copiers! I'm new to this game, did't realize, but on the other hand, why do we mind being copied, is there some credit to be found here and so should we send out the lawyers? I can hardly imagine...

Still flabbergasted!
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    kymie1988 wrote:
    So it's time to be put on the spot... Who's in your top 3 favourite towns?

Mine are as follows...

1. XKeNnYxMx
    2. Spiffshine
    3. A tough call between neoSEC & Lissarv68

:)

Thank you for saying my town is one of your favs :) just a shame im tied in 3rd place :P:P (only joking) i just honoured you like my town :)

I dont mind if you wanna posts pics of my town......as long as they the good parts :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Erik319 wrote:

That is quite messed up, for the copiers! I'm new to this game, did't realize, but on the other hand, why do we mind being copied, is there some credit to be found here and so should we send out the lawyers? I can hardly imagine...

Still flabbergasted!

First of all, it is my game and if I do not want to be copied then that is my right.

Second, don't be rude.

Third, don't mess up Kymie's thread by being rude. You might think you are being clever and funny but you are not, you are being rude.

I mind because I spend hours designing my town, I even draw it out on paper! Then to have somebody come along and copy it down to the last detail? I just don't like it.

As I've said (and seems to be getting overlooked) be INSPIRED by the designs of others but don't copy them.
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited February 2013
    Erik319 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

Still flabbergasted!

if you are already complaining, i sugest to delete your account and go play the sims!!!..
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Speaking of good towns....

One of my neighbors had managed to make the stick stack look good!

I'm not going to say who or post a shot but I can describe it. They surrounded it with the brick walls to make a park, put in the benches and some seesaws, then they put the errr......gah....what are they called? The street guard things (massive headache because of my cold so can't remember)? All around the tower to block it off.

It looked great!

I was very impressed.
  • archimedes87
    152 posts
    edited February 2013
    Eric319, i accepted your request and checked out your town. You are off to a good start but i only have a few open spots available and your massive brown house farm was to much of an eyesore for me to keep you as a friend. But keep at it!
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:

I'm not going to say who or post a shot but I can describe it. They surrounded it with the brick walls to make a park, put in the benches and some seesaws, then they put the errr......gah....what are they called? The street guard things (massive headache because of my cold so can't remember)? All around the tower to block it off.

It looked great!

I was very impressed.

itsmedansheep made a good work.. or is it dansheep?? cant remember now!!
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    LeFreeze wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

It looked great!

I was very impressed.

LOL, I was trying to not get him a bunch of invites but yes. It was him. He did a great job, didn't he? First time I've seen that ugly thing look good.
  • erik319
    642 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Don't get me wrong folks, everybody is free to do whatever (s)he likes, I'm just trying to grasp the things that I don't understand, that's all :D

(sorry if I came out rude, that was not my intention at all)
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I mind because I spend hours designing my town, I even draw it out on paper! Then to have somebody come along and copy it down to the last detail? .

Hey lissa is that true? You draw it out on paper before hand? :) Wow....gotta say thats some proper designing going on :) I just do what feels good and if it dont look right start again :lol: No wonder you dont like people coping your ideas if you spend that amount of time sorting it all :)

Thnk i might go have a look at your town now and "steal" an idea ;) (only joking) :P
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    LeFreeze wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

It looked great!

I was very impressed.

LOL, I was trying to not get him a bunch of invites but yes. It was him. He did a great job, didn't he? First time I've seen that ugly thing look good.

lolololol!!!

i didnt know that uou were talking about him!! !!! omg.. lol!!!
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    LeFreeze wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:

It looked great!

I was very impressed.

Yeah i noticed it look pretty good :) Soo hard to make that eyesore look anything but he did do well :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.