EA Forums - Banner

Anyone else missing the origin login prompt all the sudden?

Prev1
almost everyone is, mine just did, cant sign in, no orgin button, can't buy donuts, cant add friends, big bug again lol

Replies

• stuff841
    10 posts
    edited October 2012
    Yep me too, nowhere to login
  • cassingle
    15 posts
    edited October 2012
    Can't login either...

Played a new game anonymously until I could add friends, and wouldn't let me do that either.
  • topherjax
    35 posts
    edited October 2012
    Well, good to know. misery loves company and sounds like I'll have plenty. Good news is the server is still sending out notifications of job completion so it isn't completely gone...well as long as zombies dont devour the whole town while we are locked out, of course that won't be a bug it's a "feature".
  • josh07450
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    Hopefully we get 60 more donuts when they fix this bug, no origin log in for me either
  • cassingle
    15 posts
    edited October 2012
    Origin is back for me...

Logged in. Everything seems normal.
  • topherjax
    35 posts
    edited October 2012
    Im back in as well. I sent a friend request or two out to a few of yall as well just to check everything looks like its all working again. Sure it was just " down for maintenance" so I wont be expecting any free donuts anytime soon, tho i could use a choclolate frosted or two right about now. Hopefully it stays up.
  • estherhauber
    59 posts
    edited October 2012
    This just happened to me today. I am still logged in, but there is no origin button and all my friends are gone. I hope mine comes back soon.

It's back now. Hopefully this won't be a glitch that keeps on going.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • topherjax
    35 posts
    edited October 2012
    It's happening to me too. The added twist is I can't login at all via my iPad at all, Bart just mocks me relentlessly. apparently my phone still logs in tho. It Looks like whatever device you last logged into is caching your session but it can't contact the server to pull your friends list. They definitely have a good share of uptime issues in their data center. Hopefully the get it corrected soon.
  • curtboiii
    2 posts
    edited October 2012
    topherjax wrote:
    Ok I just tried to start the game and the icon for logging into Origin is completely missing. I can only sign in anonymously which obviously starts you over from the beginning. no down for maintenance messages, just missing. Anyone else seeing this issue?
  • rlarcia
    45 posts
    edited October 2012
    Same thing happened to me just a few hours ago, my 100 neighbors gone just like that, plus origins logo is missing as well, it has my screen name welcome every time and everything in my city seems to be there still so I'm breathing for now, just the friends bug, hopefully it's only a maintenance thing, another question what happened if I don't get to smash the zombies right after they come out? And let them walk around let say for a few hours? Thanks hope to hear back from any of you soon.
  • vpather
    18 posts
    edited October 2012
    No origin logo, now can't even load game just endless spinning donut
  • topherjax
    35 posts
    edited October 2012
    Just checked and it Looks like everything is back up again and all your friends should be back.

@Rlarcia The zombies will just roam and turn any characters on the street that they come in contact with to zombies until you squash them, but you should be able to turn anyone infected back by tapping on them. I haven't been able to determine for sure whether it interrupts the timer for any characters performing a job or not but it doesn't feel like it does. I could be wrong. may be worth a little research on my part.
  • vpather
    18 posts
    edited October 2012
    100% not working for me... been offline for about 5 hours now by my count.

EDIT: had to exit app and reload. working
  • rlarcia
    45 posts
    edited October 2012
    Well apparently was just an update because I got everything back, origin logo and neighbors as well, @topherjax I already tried letting the zombies walk around for half an hour or so and besides infect some of my characters they have no other effect, no time interrupt on the task at all so it's all good in the hood by now...I read there is a new small update coming up in a few hours so ill see how everything goes, I'll keep posted.
  • SlimHaydy1998
    144 posts New member
    edited October 2012
    I just reinstalled the game to get it back
  • topherjax
    35 posts
    edited October 2012
    Vpather, glad you got back in. Thanks for the info rlarcia. I tried it as well, the infected characters seemed to keep same timing as the uninfected characters. Keep me posted on the update. I've noticed EA staff seem to not have much presence on the forum, so it looks like the communication is up to the user base.

Update: just checked their Facebook presence and they indeed had an outage and are working on "upgrades" so expect more "intermittent outages" as they deploy the upgrades tonight.
  • edited October 2012
    Not working for me now... Telling me to log in but saying my account is new but I can log in here with that acocunt just fine...

It tells me to log in so I do with my email but then it says "Create Account" instead of logging me into the game.
  • theonecam1
    4 posts
    edited October 2012
    The same here, asking me to create a NEW account. C'mon EA, you better have not screwed it up! 4 days left from my 90 day crops and bought donuts!
  • Hussam79
    1 posts
    edited October 2012
    Not working for me now... Telling me to log in but saying my account is new but I can log in here with that acocunt just fine...

It tells me to log in so I do with my email but then it says "Create Account" instead of logging me into the game.

Same issue here

Hope they sort it out soon
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited October 2012

Same thing with me. I'm hoping this is just indicative of Origin being down yet again, but it's kind of unsettling. Jeez, it's as though I'm always holding my breath when I play this game,waiting for the inevitable disaster. :cry:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.