EA Forums - Banner

wearing your socks inside out

i never paid attention to it for the first half of my life. still have problems understanding why anyone would care. the first person to point it out to me is now my wife.

what trivial event made a major impact to your life?

Replies

• 4junk3000
    5548 posts Member
    my car has ridden much quieter and more comfortably since someone advised me to put summer air in the tires, then drain it and switch back to winter air when its colder.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    Maybe with a new title this thread will get some traction. I don't have a sock belief that I've changed. If I wear tube socks I try rotate them the same way each time, but that's hard so I don't buy tube socks.

I used to keep my wallet in my back pocket as society seemed to settle on, but now I use my front pocket. I can keep an eye on it AND I can sit comfortably. LOL

If that wasn't the actual question, then maybe my answer is that lots of trivial things have impacted my life. But they're pretty trivial so I don't really remember what they are....
    Here is my signature. Or maybe it's not.
  • adruralo
    3289 posts Member
    I'm usually half a sleep when I put my socks on in the morning and invariably at least one is inside out, if not the same colour.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    adruralo wrote: »
    I'm usually half a sleep when I put my socks on in the morning and invariably at least one is inside out, if not the same colour.
    But the question remains, do you leave that one inside out?
  • trivial things in your life are relevant. socks are not. focus!
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    pevh wrote: »
    trivial things in your life are relevant. socks are not. focus!

This comment immediately made me think of the UCLA’s famous basketball coach, John Wooden (1948-1975). He was famous for belaboring how crucial the minutiae were to achieving success. The following excerpt is from an article originally appearing in UCLA Today:

“At a June 13, 2008, event honoring John Wooden and famed sportscaster Vin Scully and raising money for pediatric cancer research at UCLA and other local institutions, Coach Wooden had an opportunity to demonstrate his famed socks-and-shoes lesson.

One of Wooden's most famous players, Bill Walton, speaking by remote video to the crowd at the Nokia Theater in downtown Los Angeles, introduced the coach and recalled his first days at UCLA on the basketball team.

Walton related the shock that he and other new players felt when the first thing Wooden did was sit them down and teach them how to put on their shoes and socks. Doing this properly, Walton said, was the initial lesson for `everything we would need to know for the rest of our lives.’ ”
  • simp7fan
    4163 posts Member
    Does not compute. Discussion on socks is also trivial....
  • simp7fan wrote: »
    Does not compute. Discussion on socks is also trivial....

give it some time. ignore the socks.
  • My little one refuses to wear his socks unless they are inside out! I think it's the toes thread that annoys him. Had many a battle in the morning getting him to even wear socks! :D:#
    Be a part of another EA endorsed TSTO fan site at www.tapped-out.co.uk :)
  • 0Brooders0 wrote: »
    My little one refuses to wear his socks unless they are inside out! I think it's the toes thread that annoys him. Had many a battle in the morning getting him to even wear socks! :D:#
    :D
    used to wear different color and styles of socks depending on the situation until i had a daughter. everyone that gifts her socks seem to get her different types, colors, and patterns. I gave up and personally only wear white and the same style. My kid now has a sock drawer that they all go into, let her figure out the pairing...i wash them :D

fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish
  • daved7637397
    7234 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I gave up and personally only wear white and the same style.

I started doing this a long time ago. Makes life so much easier, doesn't it? Every 6 months or so I go out and buy 2 or 3 12 packs of socks and trash all the old ones.

Post edited by daved7637397 on
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • My child, much younger, used to have an absolute COW if her socks were touching her feet wrong in her shoes.... That brought my attention to sock correctness lol
    Me, I would never notice- inside out, different socks... I'm whatever about it
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • fastshadow2
    5466 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    it’s amazing how much something like socks matter to society :)
    fast2shadow2 in Crawl to the Finish