EA Forums - Banner

I hope I have helped, best of luck!

Replies

• Audiobrain
    250 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Sometimes stress and a feeling of little support requires a period a disconnect. This is healthy to do this. i myself needed to do it over the holidays in my "real life". I agree with you about the recent nastiness. I have refrained from trying to moderate people's behavior on this forum. I enjoy the lighthearted banter, but there can be a rudeness and even offense comments. Some that I read today. I get enough of that with US politics, we frankly don't need it in a game.

I wish you well and hope that this period ofndisconnect helps restore your perspective that despite some comments, by far most of the time, the game is fun. We do care for you and hope you will keep in touch in some way. Take care of yourself. Audiobrain 8)
  • likecharges
    72 posts
    edited February 2013
    Enjoy your future endeavors! :D
  • Calerock
    312 posts
    edited February 2013
    Quitting because some 12 year old made fun of you? That's just sad.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited February 2013
    Im sorry to see you go, from my days when i was a lurker, I remember seeing your posts. You made the forums seem very welcoming to new members and you probably had a big influence on alot of members joining the forums. I know reading your posts and such definitely helped me to join and become a part of the community. Reading your story was very touching, and I'm truly sorry for you loss. Im not sure as to why your leaving and you have your reasons but I know you will be deeply missed, among the forums.

I kind of understand when you say the forum has changed and if I have ever posted anything to offend you or anything like you mentioned then I am sorry.

I wish you the best of luck and all the happiness in the world.
  • pzarks
    82 posts
    edited February 2013
    My thoughts:

3HGecl.jpg

• elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    bye.gif
    crying.gif
  • stuartcurran
    309 posts
    edited February 2013
    Nettangel, I don't think we've ever interacted on here which I regret now because you seem like one of the most good-spirited wholesome posters on this forum. I'll miss your posts and I wish you all the best in your future. You know this forum will always welcome you with open arms if you ever decide to come back.
  • brendathorne
    175 posts
    edited February 2013
    Nettangel, you are always as sweet as pie covered in candy. See you in Springfield!
    Take care of yourself.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    A genuinely nice person who never has a bad word to say about anyone. I refuse to say goodbye and instead say good luck and see you later :-)
  • Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    So very sad. All the best to you and thanks for being a nice helpful forumer. :(
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited February 2013
    Hey Nettangel, if you are still reading.

We never talked at all, although I did appreciate every post I read of yours. It was very easy to tell that you have a vast amount of compassion for others, something I truly respect.
    Take care of yourself.
  • kennedy6988
    225 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    A genuinely nice person who never has a bad word to say about anyone. I refuse to say goodbye and instead say good luck and see you later :-)

Well said Peru, I totally agree, Good Luck and hope to see you again very soon. :)
  • doctoru2
    291 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Did something happen that I missed? Was there an argument?

I have to agree. I'm quite puzzled. :?:

For the most part I've noticed that the people here - at least in the threads I read - are rather helpful. There's great ideas and almost no bickering. I've been on forums where there are scathing attacks towards others. There's comparatively little of that here.

Granted, there's always the complaints about the stability of the game, server issues and EA's slow pace to resolve these difficulties. I feel these are justified - we should be able to vent as well as praise, compare notes, offer help and complain.

And I have noticed a few threads where people are called out individually. Calling out someone for apparently not doing something is always disrespectful (like not swapping Valentine's cards fast enough). There may always be other issues that could cause a delay (especially given that every update there are stability issues for people). Even praising another's Springfield is problematic as it alienates others and is very subjective. Plus, it may even cause difficulty for the person receiving praise as he/she may suddenly be inundated with friend requests. This is where a moderator would be handy as those threads could be instantly closed.

Still, I feel these threads are rather few. And there's nothing wrong with having a "hiding away" thread that is full of silliness when the first page of the forum is covered with "add me" threads. If there's a particular topic that is annoying, wait until it dies out or just jump in with a new idea. Thread derailment appears to be very easy to do here. LOL! :mrgreen:

Therefore, I wouldn't let anything on these forums be of annoyance. If there are some personal issues, then I wish you the best as you work through them.
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited February 2013
    Oh, Net, it makes me so sad to read this. I'm so sorry you feel flustered to the point that you would leave us.

I agree with most of what you say, but there's a chunk I disagree with as well.

When I started the "hiding" thread, it was just on a whim of exasperation during the V-Day update madness. I thought it would garner maybe 2 pages of lighthearted comments before being swept away with the storm. But I like what people made it: a sort of break room, or locker room, for OT stuff, game stuff, get-to-know-you stuff, check-out-these-threads stuff, whatever.

Is there a cliquish atmosphere to that thread? Yes. Kind of like at a family reunion in which you don't have much time to stay and want to hit up a just a few people before you need to go. Anyone who wanted to join in the chat was welcome, and never shot down (minus add-me posts)... possibly not responded to, but only because the speed of the thread and number of people in it. Even the regulars have a hard time jumping into it sometimes (I forget who posted the jumping-into-a-frozen-pool gif, but it seemed quite appropriate; zuzu, melly?).

I agree that the overall purpose of these forums is to pass on information to eachother and help those new to the game as well. I partake in both of those, but the main reason I keep coming back these days is for that other reason you mentioned: socialization. It's so much more fun when you actually get to know others, which is hard to do when those you enjoy chatting with are spread out amongst 30 threads.

Meanness? Yes, there's definitely some of that splayed not only all over these forums, but also all over the internet itself. Most find distaste in it, especially in its purest of forms, but it's always going to be found no matter where one goes. The best one can do is to encourage others to be more courteous when observing a situation getting out of hand. Not that I don't guiltily admit to enjoying observing the occasional spat and (more frequent) sarcastic exchanges. Afterall, there's no way I would have made it through the entire "Lord of the Rings" trilogy if all the characters ever did was hold hands.

I love the diversity of these forums. I love that there are good, helpful, kind-hearted people like you in them. I love that there's a thread in which regulars meet up. And I love that there are so many other threads to visit.

I adore your husband's song. I adore you. And I'm so, so sorry to see you go. You will be missed more than you could possibly know.
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited February 2013
    Calerock wrote:

Or maybe this is some of the unwanted negativity that has been alluded to
  • marlenet88
    136 posts
    edited February 2013
    :(. Hope you'll be back soon.
  • sellhigh378
    202 posts
    edited February 2013
    Calerock wrote:

Or maybe this is some of the unwanted negativity that has been alluded to

My thoughts exactly, nettangel was helpful to me when I first started posting after being a lurker for awhile. She had no judgement and some sage advice, she will be missed and I for one * she comes back soon!!!! :XD: :cry:
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited February 2013
    Netangel, as discussed, good to have spoken with you, bad to see you leave..

I did leave but decided that its my place to be here.... I'm not leaving due to some know it alls. Shame we lost RS and others it really is.

I.ll stay, clean up these streets already for your return...

I think a post detailing the rules to the "regulars" is in order next....
  • kidENO
    126 posts
    edited February 2013
    Although I have no context specifically, all I can say is... The opinions of those who don't know truth bear no credence.
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited February 2013
    Entangle, as discussed, good to have spoken with you, bad to see you leave..

I did leave but decided that its my place to be hear.... I'm not leaving due to some know it alls. Shame we lost RS and others it really is.

I.ll stay, clean up these streets already for your return...

I think a post detailing the rules to the "regulars" is in order next....
    You and everyone else needs to get off thier high horse. This is a fracking message board.

Everyone needs to just take a chill pill and get over them selfs. Why do you all feel the need to fix anything here? In my eyes it all seems fine. The main poster here says no one cared that a friend of theirs quit the game. Well boo freaking who! There are so many people playing this game and join this board that your one little buddy means nothing.

I really didn't even want to post on this tread because it was just so damn stupid. So now when someone wants to leave we need a big old pitty party? Please people grow up. Yes that's right I said grow up. People here treat this place like its some f'ing church.

There I said what I wanted to say and feel better. Now please give us some stupid rules that you the god of the board feel the need to preach on us.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.