EA Forums - Banner

Super Collider and Black Hole

Replies

• drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited October 2014
    Is this the weekend deal, or is this around till the end of the event? Was really hoping for the Stonecutter Alien this weekend.
    Can't say for sure but I'd say if you haven't gotten it and are waiting get it by Sunday just in case and Number 51 will probably be back next weekend or earlier
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I was really happy to see it offered for 70 donuts, especially because the other items we've had recently have been very expensive! This is the type of pricing that I feel is reasonable, and I hope this trend continues with the premium stuff (not just the older items, but newer as well)! Thanks EA:D
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    Always wanted it and so happy to get it!!

• defectdefect
    304 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I kind of wish I could get just the black hole. I don't like the building :shock: :?
    But we already did it. It took seven hours, but we did it. It's done.
  • rashadmacki
    40 posts
    edited October 2014
    In my opinion its one of my favorite looking buildings in the game
    Been waiting 2 years nd today bought it without even thinking :P
  • Samaranth01
    2182 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    wadebear wrote:
    But what does it Do?

It pointlessly accelerates sub-atomic particles, just like the real life one that may one day kill us all and lead to the destruction of the Universe.

Don't worry, I put it next to the Nuclear Power Plant - so Homer can keep an eye on it. :mrgreen:
  • Elimum
    78 posts
    edited October 2014
    wadebear wrote:
    But what does it Do?

It pointlessly accelerates sub-atomic particles, just like the real life one that may one day kill us all and lead to the destruction of the Universe.

Don't worry, I put it next to the Nuclear Power Plant - so Homer can keep an eye on it. :mrgreen:

We are all doomed, how many times has springing been destroyed under his "diligence"?
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    As soon as I saw both I paid up! I,like the building's design and the black hole is hilarious. Pity we can't see the animation this year as its fun to see too.

I think this item is only for the week end, so, just in case, get it before its gone......
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited October 2014
    At THOH of 2012 I was a low level and I stopped playing for a while back then so I didn’t get it. I’m now thrilled to have the black hole. As for the Aztec theme... it was actually mayan so I never really cared with that inaccurate decoration.
  • iain51269522
    770 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    xamovo wrote:
    I'm torn. It's not outrageously priced, but it is a lot for just a decoration (no money, no multiplier). It looks really cool but it's more than my internal budget of "splurge for JUST cool-looking."

Yeah I've always thought these were cool but not spending donuts for no return.
  • ccape584
    41 posts
    edited October 2014
    Like other people I started playing towards the end of THOH 2012, I got the collider but just missed the black hole. Very happy to get it now and for FREE!
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited October 2014
    xamovo wrote:
    I'm torn. It's not outrageously priced, but it is a lot for just a decoration (no money, no multiplier). It looks really cool but it's more than my internal budget of "splurge for JUST cool-looking."

Yeah I've always thought these were cool but not spending donuts for no return.
    But the Super Collider is a building, not a decoration.
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    To clear up any confusion the building gives out money.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    I got my supercollider and the ultrahouse. Given that it's basically a ton of Frink-style decorations, I was very tempted to get the ghost zapper, but I stopped myself. Too much to pay for something completely useless, even if it looks neat.
  • TzipiTzipora
    173 posts
    edited October 2014
    gregbuc350 wrote:
    TArmada23 wrote:
    drumnman wrote:
    Instant buy for me! Fantastic price for a long-awaited item. Now, give us the Mapple store!

I agree with everything you said! As a player that didn't start until after the initial Halloween and Christmas events, this was one building I wanted that I haven't been able to get until now. It's too bad that it doesn't have a bonus, but that price is still great for a cool building that was demanded as much as this.

I would also like the Mapple store brought back, as I missed out on that too. I had the opportunity to get it, and I would have if EA had given some advance warning that it would be removed.

Exactly! Was hoping for the collider and hole of darkness, and GOT IT!

Mapple would force me to buy more donuts (make it so, EA: make it so)!

Thirding (new word?) you two on the Mapple store! Wouldn't mine the Lego one too but Mapple is my most coveted item I don't own. Would buy more donuts for it too. Lol.

And to those who were wondering if supercollider is weekend only, thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten I haven't bought the Drive-In yet so I was going to wait on the supercollider but think I will buy now or at least buy Sunday. Great news is once I earn the end of quest 20 donuts, then I will have just enough for the Drive-In if I buy supercollider now. Woohoo!

Would live to see Number 51, have his stonecutter costume hanging out in my inventory and then between Kodos, Kang, and Drive-In alien, plus Regellian queen, I've got all the aliens I could ever need. :)
  • missnewleaf
    210 posts
    edited October 2014
    I was on the fence about the super collider, but just nabbed it. 70 seemed like a good price.
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited October 2014
    I'm (pleasantly!) surprised at how cheap it is, compared to some of the prices in the event and what a demand there was for it to come back EA could of probably charged more
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    fluffling wrote:
    I'm (pleasantly!) surprised at how cheap it is, compared to some of the prices in the event and what a demand there was for it to come back EA could of probably charged more

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised as well. I saw two possible prices, 85 or 70. So I was thrilled when it was actually the lesser of the two. I have been wanting this for a long time. I was even afraid they may increase to 85 later.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited October 2014
    ccape584 wrote:
    Like other people I started playing towards the end of THOH 2012, I got the collider but just missed the black hole. Very happy to get it now and for FREE!

That's awesome!! First time I have ever heard of a re-released item at no cost, not even in game cash. I know it is only a small decoration with no multiplier. But you can do some really creative decorating stuff with the black hole. It is a nice addition, especially if you have already had the collider for the past 2 years.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11572 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    bradyc79 wrote:
    ccape584 wrote:

That's awesome!! First time I have ever heard of a re-released item at no cost, not even in game cash. I know it is only a small decoration with no multiplier. But you can do some really creative decorating stuff with the black hole. It is a nice addition, especially if you have already had the collider for the past 2 years.
    he got it free cause it was given free once you did a 45s job with lisa. i still wonder how he didnt do it yet
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.