EA Forums - Banner

Will there be an event between Halloween and Christmas?

2Next

Replies

• drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited November 2014
    We will get a small thanksgiving update most likely rereleasing the items from the last two years either next week or week after. Also I definitely think this event is the best time to nuke since your buildings aren't used by your friends this event
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    thanksgiving is usually very small.
    Yet the meals are very large.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited November 2014
    By the look of it, past Thanksgiving events launched on the 15, so I figure itll be a couple days after THOH ends. Then another week or so and Christmas will launch.
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited November 2014
    nedimaz wrote:
    On the other hand, as every year "Black Friday" is getting more and more attention, it is possible that thanksgiving may be replaced by or merged with "Black Friday" mini event which would lead into Christmas.
    Black Friday is in decline. Consumers caught on to Door Busters and retailers seem to be releasing less of them. Also, many retailers like Walmart and Amazon have begun transitioning the start of the holiday shopping season to Halloween. They want to do Christmas earlier and earlier each year so the transition to Halloween makes sense.
  • jmk311
    15 posts
    edited November 2014
    I am also thinking of rearranging my town. What are your thoughts on how much money I should have saved up before nukeing my town. I know you are going to need to buy trees and other little stuff. What are your thoughts.
  • nedimaz
    207 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    nedimaz wrote:
    On the other hand, as every year "Black Friday" is getting more and more attention, it is possible that thanksgiving may be replaced by or merged with "Black Friday" mini event which would lead into Christmas.
    Black Friday is in decline. Consumers caught on to Door Busters and retailers seem to be releasing less of them. Also, many retailers like Walmart and Amazon have begun transitioning the start of the holiday shopping season to Halloween. They want to do Christmas earlier and earlier each year so the transition to Halloween makes sense.

Yeah, actually, I was thinking similar thing, I just expressed incorrectly. I was going to say that pre-Christmas shopping season (not Black Friday) is getting more attention, and beginning of shopping season has tendency to move towards thanksgiving and Halloween, so we might have mixed "thanksgiving / shopping season begins" event. Simpsons (both show and this game) have history of making fun of consumerism, so it wouldn't surprise me if we get "consumerism is ruining thanksgiving" theme for mini event, and it may serve as introduction to big Christmas event.
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited November 2014
    So what exactly happens when you nuke your town. I started playing right before **** and never had a chance to play around with it. I don't want to mess myself up if I want to do a full redo on my town.
  • lawpatrick
    198 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    lawpatrick wrote:
    it will really be thanks giving if there were more land, and I am not meaning only 2 stripes, but say up to 10 so that people can buy as they are needed.. please EA!
    it has already been said that due to keeping the game even for older devices they need more time before releasing land
    thanks.... maybe it is time for EA to get all premium items stored in the inventory eligible for the bonus multiplier. I have a few stuff that I have purchased from the beginning of the game but they are duplicates that I can easily store but they are still there because I want to get the extra %... I have started with around 10 Kwik-E-Marts and around 5 Krusty Burgers and 5 Dognuts shops in my SF but then they are back to 1 each because of the lack of space.

The last thing to go was some house farm that I have but all premium items were the last to go.... so if EA allows those bonus to be accumulated, even stored away, I will have enough land for now and I will be very happy
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    nedimaz wrote:
    Simpsons (both show and this game) have history of making fun of consumerism, so it wouldn't surprise me if we get "consumerism is ruining thanksgiving" theme for mini event, and it may serve as introduction to big Christmas event.

If they do that, I want a non-unique decoration that boosts consumerism!
  • thatdonald845
    1606 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Anybody remember the episode where the Flu Vaccine led to chemical changes in the brain that led to frenzied Christmas shopping? We need something based on that.
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited November 2014
    I was starting to desire the monorail, but it looks like the whiners may have made them give that storyline up for now.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.