Your Method of Game Play

Replies

• RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:
    RSommons wrote:
    We've been given the opportunity to play faster than ever (more money, more land, more rich friends, and more donuts) yet we're saying we will still play at a regular pace? Clearly success has not spoiled us yet.

---
    peruhomer wrote:
    I'm going to get all tantric on this update's *. I'm going to take it nice and slow and prolong the pleasure. Got way over excited with the Christmas update and blew my stack (of money and donuts) far too quickly and was left feeling unsatisfied as a result.

I have a challenge for you Peruhomer. Could you wait 24 hours before building or using each new building or decoration? Let's say Burn's Mansion pops up on the 10th, could you wait until the 11th to begin building it? Likewise for each new item available.

Done and done. You can check my Springfield to see if I achieve the goal. But you have to do something in return. I will be kind enough to let you name what that challenge might be...

Alright, let me think....

Maybe this: you slow down on the building. I'll slow down on tasks. For each new task a character is given I'll wait 24hrs before initiating it.
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Accepted. Best of luck to you sir. Now I will head west and you will head east around the world and we will meet back on this very spot in 80 days. Good day sir!
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    When we have a new update i race without using donuts. When i'm maxed out in exp and new buildings i offcourse slow down.
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    Accepted. Best of luck to you sir. Now I will head west and you will head east around the world and we will meet back on this very spot in 80 days. Good day sir!

Simplicity is golden, but I've thought of a small detail to our challenge (and it's a bump to the thread). Clearly we are both fans of the Premium Items. Where do they fall in the challenge? I suggest we gain these items only after all nonpremium are collected. That adds a certain pressure to potentially Limited Time Only items.

Shall we open this challenge to the forum via new thread: Slow Tap Movement? The thread could serve as a travelogue.
  • Amazin2u
    215 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I don't race through, but depending on what I am working on I can get real intense and race to put that plan in effect before I get distracted by something else that pops into my head. That's why the Penitentiary sits off in the corner awaiting inspiration...again lol
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:
    peruhomer wrote:

Simplicity is golden, but I've thought of a small detail to our challenge (and it's a bump to the thread). Clearly we are both fans of the Premium Items. Where do they fall in the challenge? I suggest we gain these items only after all nonpremium are collected. That adds a certain pressure to potentially Limited Time Only items.

Shall we open this challenge to the forum via new thread: Slow Tap Movement? The thread could serve as a travelogue.

Why I do declare this is some fine work. Fine work, indeed. It will add an extra dimension to game play which is very badly needed.

I am looking to return to the old school TSTO, I am visiting only a few friends at a time and giving up on the bonuses. I am proud to say that I made less than 15k with friend visits yesterday and hope to make even less today!
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6250 posts Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I like to go at my own speed not trying to finish too quickly so I don't have anything to do later on. So I do a mix of both, but I never speed anything up
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    RSommons and Peru... Masters of their Domain

Hopefully they will hold out longer than Kramer!
  • ChuckElston
    60 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Racing through IS my regular pace.

That said, I'm not sure that I see the difference. I always make sure that my characters are doing something, and during an update, I'll time out characters so they'll be ready for new, required jobs.

But I never use donuts to speed things up.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    Ahh Kramer haven't seen that show in ages :( used to watch it all the time :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • RSommons
    785 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    RSommons and Peru... Masters of their Domain

Hopefully they will hold out longer than Kramer!

I'm thinking the Slow Tap Movement will attract others. Care to join the INaction?
  • pbpandapuffs
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:

I'm thinking the Slow Tap Movement will attract others. Care to join the INaction?

I'm in! I already decided I'm going to make myself save whatever I need for new buildings (starting from zero when the update hits), despite the fact that I have a stupid amount of money in the bank. More fun that way!
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    RSommons wrote:

Sorry, I'm with Kramer on this one. As soon as something comes up and I've got the money to do it, I'm on it. I don't speed anything up with donuts, but Level 25 is the master of my domain...
  • peruhomer
    1325 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    RSommons wrote:

Sorry, I'm with Kramer on this one. As soon as something comes up and I've got the money to do it, I'm on it. I don't speed anything up with donuts, but Level 25 is the master of my domain...

I don't know what being a master of a domain means. I think I like being described as that but then again maybe not. It sounds complementary but it could be one of those insults cunningly disguised as a compliment. Now, am I being made a fool of or am I making a fool of myself? That is the question.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited January 2013
    peruhomer wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:
    RSommons wrote:

I don't know what being a master of a domain means. I think I like being described as that but then again maybe not. It sounds complementary but it could be one of those insults cunningly disguised as a compliment. Now, am I being made a fool of or am I making a fool of myself? That is the question.

I'm guessing you are kinda looking like homer in your avatar pic right now lol
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Being the Master of Your Domain is a reference to the best episode of Seinfeld ever, but it is a little racey so I'll just point you toward a summary: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Contest

Knowing the back story will make Kramer's "I'm out!" after 5 minutes of restraint all the more funny. :)
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited January 2013
    Well currently the hospital has been an open task for 2 weeks... It's there, ill get round to it after Xmas update has been superseded, then that means I aways have something yet to complete... I don't know how I would do if I had "done it all"
  • nancalmei
    215 posts
    edited January 2013
    What if a regular pace for you is fast pace (without donuts) for others?
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited January 2013
    Slow and steady wins the race. Especially since there is no race!

I'm perfectly content to play at my normal pace since I know that I'll have plenty of time. This was well demonstrated when I lost access for over two weeks (December 7-24) and still had amply time to do all of the Christmas themed stuff.
  • El Jorge44
    189 posts
    edited January 2013
    I've almost never used donuts to speed up anything unless I had like....2 spare ones and just wanted to use them. but I've managed to stockpile a decent amount of cash using the friends bonus over the last couple weeks. haven't bought any extra land then what I needed. but it's there for when I'm not able to play as often.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!