EA Forums - Banner

What premium item have you bought that you regret the most?

124Next

Replies

• annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    Elimum wrote:
    drumnman wrote:
    Homer807 wrote:
    The worst for me was the Homer Buddha that gave me a Mystery Box that gave me some fences. That hurt.

I am slightly disappointed the Drive In Theater's longest task is 3 hours, but I still love the design and Space Mutant.

Think about it, its realistic, no movie lasts over 3 hours, its all movie lengths, and Bored of the things extended cut is the longest one :D

I too am bummed that the longest task is 3 hrs. They could've easily had a 12 hr "Planet of the Monkeys" marathon task.

Omg that is brilliant, yes please.

And an 8 hr "Planet Wars" triple feature.

A 24-hour Simpsons THOH marathon from all twenty-five (?) seasons. Heck, I'd even put up with freakin' RL commercials inserted to make it last the full 24 hours.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • mbaron312775
    133 posts
    edited November 2014
    Arnie pye in the sky. I thought he was awesome when I saw him in a friends town...then I realized that if he is flying over your Springfield, you will click him....and click him...and click him some more. If he had a smooth baritone voice it might be okay, but it's a high pitched squeal....ahhhh-HA! I was sure he would say,"you're out of line kent! You're out of line!" But no, he just yells ahhh-ha! And yeeeehhhhhhh!
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    I regret Arnie but despite the pitiful helicopter task he did unlock an extremely useful 2-day task for Channel 6

YES! And during the awesome days of the stackable handshake glitch, he made me totally, utterly, stupendously RICH as a result of that task!
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    blackeyed5 wrote:
    For me it would be the whale because of the cost, but I bought the mutant rabbit and immediately regretted that. What was your most regretted donut purchase?

Great idea for a topic, OP!

I accidently bought the treasure chest for **** the last day of the event. I regret that the most because I didn't need it, and it was completely my fault because I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing (my donut confirmation was on, that's what makes it even worse)! :D
  • mbaron312775
    133 posts
    edited November 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    I regret Arnie but despite the pitiful helicopter task he did unlock an extremely useful 2-day task for Channel 6

YES! And during the awesome days of the stackable handshake glitch, he made me totally, utterly, stupendously RICH as a result of that task!

Yeah that was sweet. Click..8k. Click...8k. Click...8k.
  • katcheson8934
    104 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Arnie pye in the sky. I thought he was awesome when I saw him in a friends town...then I realized that if he is flying over your Springfield, you will click him....and click him...and click him some more. If he had a smooth baritone voice it might be okay, but it's a high pitched squeal....ahhhh-HA! I was sure he would say,"you're out of line kent! You're out of line!" But no, he just yells ahhh-ha! And yeeeehhhhhhh!

Yes. I regret buying Arnie. I wish I could give him back. I don't even want my donuts back. PLEASE EA TAKE HIM BACK. I do NOT want a refund. I just want him GONE.
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Nighthawk Diner. I loved the style when it had the rich, deep golden glowcoming from the windows when it was occupied. It was stunning. It was everything Edward Hopper stood for -- it's supposed to have a "moths to the flame" aura about it.

They changed the windows to an ugly neutral color, totally washed it out to dirty gray, and I hate it.

I waited so eagerly for its rerelease. I hate it.

Wow - I can't believe I didn't notice this change. I read your post last night and had to wait until Rex was free so I could see what you were talking about. It really is awful. The diner is one of my favourite buildings. I built it next to the motel; they go great together. What a disappointment that they changed the artwork when the building is in use. Why on earth would they have done that?
  • 65Malibu
    196 posts
    edited November 2014
    sugarpuffi wrote:
    65Malibu wrote:
    The police dog. I was scrolling through the menu and my donut confirmation was turned off from a recent update and BAM! I have the police dog.

howdy neighbour~
    love your town :D

I think my town is a little boring, i need to put more thought into it.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Pokey
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    HisWrath wrote:
    Nighthawk Diner. I loved the style when it had the rich, deep golden glowcoming from the windows when it was occupied. It was stunning. It was everything Edward Hopper stood for -- it's supposed to have a "moths to the flame" aura about it.

They changed the windows to an ugly neutral color, totally washed it out to dirty gray, and I hate it.

Wow - I can't believe I didn't notice this change. I read your post last night and had to wait until Rex was free so I could see what you were talking about. It really is awful. The diner is one of my favourite buildings. I built it next to the motel; they go great together. What a disappointment that they changed the artwork when the building is in use. Why on earth would they have done that?

Idk why this was changed either, but I was super disappointed when I noticed a month or so ago.... It was perfect before. Like Annette said very Edward Hopper..... Loved the diner look.............. Sigh, memories......
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited November 2014
    HisWrath wrote:

Yes, I was looking for this last night as well. I had not noticed before Annette mentioned something. I don't know if EA of the developers, or graphics team, or whatever, realizes these subtle changes can make a huge difference in this game. Especially because this is a game where we design your own town, so the aesthetic qualities make a huge difference to the majority of players. Those that emphasize the town design and layout.

Another very subtle change they made that was very disappointing for me was the Victorian UFO, and Kang and Kudo's 16 hour task with the UFO, the Evil Chortle. The Victorian UFO used to raise off the ground and blow smoke out as this visual tasks happened. But at some point, I am not sure exactly when, it was changed so that the UFO no longer does this anymore, it just lays on the ground. For me, that changed this visual task enough that I rarely do it anymore.

I know there are several other items that have made changes from their original appearance. We could probably do a thread on that alone, if there is not already one. Several buildings have shrunk, Helter Shelter, the Gypsy Fortune Teller Shop, Madame Chao's, etc.. Madame Chao's was the only building I know of that has been changed in size more than once. But it was clearly oversized after the initial change.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited November 2014
    efin98 wrote:

Ahhh, memories. . . LOL!! I only had the 24 hour task, from Bumblebee man then, still do. But I was sooo lucky that I started Christmas Corn and the handshakes lasted well into January. That was definitely the gift that kept on giving.

I have held off on Arnie because so many people have complained about the helicopter task so I always placed a higher priority on other premium characters first. But I do have the Stonecutter's outfit in storage and would like to use it someday. Maybe after I see what we get for Christmas, then I'll buy him.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!