EA Forums - Banner

South Park making fun of tapped out tonight?

Replies

• xamovo
    296 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I generally don't watch SP any more. I felt it just wasn't very funny anymore, just too over the top. Every now and then I catch a newer one that captures the more down-to-earth nature of its earlier episodes and really enjoy it. This was one of those episodes for me. Sure, it wasn't as laugh-out-loud funny as when Butter got a ninja star in his eye, but it made some good points humorously without being overly preachy or ridiculous.

I wonder if M&T were approached to do a game and the whole process just disappointed them. Or if they played The Other Game and hated it as much as I did.
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    xamovo wrote:
    I generally don't watch SP any more. I felt it just wasn't very funny anymore, just too over the top. Every now and then I catch a newer one that captures the more down-to-earth nature of its earlier episodes and really enjoy it. This was one of those episodes for me. Sure, it wasn't as laugh-out-loud funny as when Butter got a ninja star in his eye, but it made some good points humorously without being overly preachy or ridiculous.

I wonder if M&T were approached to do a game and the whole process just disappointed them. Or if they played The Other Game and hated it as much as I did.

Reckon they tried it and it didn't appeal to them. Reckon Trey and Matt just didn't get it. Also, reckon they got approached but didn't like the concept.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Did anyone notice that when they showed the hand drawn pics of game currency that it included donuts and clams? :)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    xamovo wrote:
    Every now and then I catch a newer one that captures the more down-to-earth nature of its earlier episodes ... This was one of those episodes for me.
    Satan giving an excellent explanation of addiction and then possessing Stan to have an epic battle with Beelzaboot in Canada was definitely as down-to-earth as Cartman getting dragged into outer space and probed. :mrgreen:
  • tonysjunk
    21 posts
    edited November 2014
    Did my post get deleted or did I not post it? It was a link to the south park website for the video episode in discussion. I swear sometimes my phone does goofy things.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    tonysjunk wrote:
    Did my post get deleted or did I not post it? It was a link to the south park website for the video episode in discussion. I swear sometimes my phone does goofy things.
    External links are not allowed, I had to remove it.

The episode should be on Hulu, ondemand, and South Park Studios, for those who may be looking.
  • wildcat2k
    70 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I have to agree with the South Park kids...it is stupid. Lol.

Games like this are just a monotonous collect-a-thon.

Its fun building a city but I mean real games have challenges and goals. Which is why I don't pay for premium items or donuts.
  • xamovo
    296 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    xamovo wrote:
    Every now and then I catch a newer one that captures the more down-to-earth nature of its earlier episodes ... This was one of those episodes for me.
    Satan giving an excellent explanation of addiction and then possessing Stan to have an epic battle with Beelzaboot in Canada was definitely as down-to-earth as Cartman getting dragged into outer space and probed. :mrgreen:

Well, when you put it THAT way it sounds cuckoo, but compared to Lemmywinks, it was practically a PBS documentary. :)
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited November 2014
    ZennGlenn wrote:
    ...Fun intellectual input analyzing our tapping neurosis / great topic! 8)

images-4_zps7ee59513.jpeg

...& I continue to be proud of at least not spending to not wait
    :mrgreen:

That was definitely one of my favorite scenes
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Only South Park could make Satan the most level-headed and truthful character as well as the voice of reason in the midst of chaos :lol: Coming from a family that has multiple addicts from multiple generations it struck a chord in all the right ways. The game is better than what some of us addiction inclined could go for but it's still a nasty addiction.

Regarding the game itself: it's definitely an amalgam of city building games. It's more than just TSTO and Family Guy, it's also The Sims and other clones. There were gems from Clash of Clans alongside the donuts and clams, so the big three got a nod all at once there.
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited November 2014
    I saw during the explanation part of the episode above the Canadian coins on the whiteboard were clams and donuts :)
    54brqW6.png
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited November 2014
    xamovo wrote:

Well considering Cartman got a probe and the boys had to fight a giant robot Barbra Streisand in season 1 I dont the think the show has ever really been down to earth.
  • vic147
    615 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    xamovo wrote:

Well considering Cartman got a probe and the boys had to fight a giant robot Barbra Streisand in season 1 I dont the think the show has ever really been down to earth.

Hi neighbor, I saw you post for help, ( don't want to hijack your thread) I just put 10 egs in your town
    Hope you get them in time. ( sent you a pm if you want more help, please let me know)
  • delegg629524
    337 posts
    edited November 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    xamovo wrote:
    I just watched that episode and decided to move to Canada. They are still satan-free, right?
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited November 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    xamovo wrote:
    I just watched that episode and decided to move to Canada. They are still satan-free, right?

Nope they have the Canadian devil which is like the normal devil just worse. Also thank you Vic for the aliens :)
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I saw during the explanation part of the episode above the Canadian coins on the whiteboard were clams and donuts :)
    54brqW6.png
    That's definitely proof of what games they were talking about specifically.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    xamovo wrote:

Nope they have the Canadian devil which is like the normal devil just worse. Also thank you Vic for the aliens :)

Except it looked like the real devil banished the Canadian version. The likely options seem to be: Canada has no devil. The vice-devil got a promotion. The real devil did a hostile takeover and is now in charge.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    maxeerg wrote:
    ...it looked like the real devil banished the Canadian version.
    I got the impression that wasn't the first time Satan and Beelzaboot had tangled. No doubt the Canadian devil will be back with another nefarious scheme.
  • soccerdad394
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    yup making fun of TSTO. If you look on the board where they are discussing currency, they show doughnuts as a payment item
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!