EA Forums - Banner

Friend bonus ruining the game?

1235Next

Replies

• Simpsons00001
    729 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    sonny1618 wrote:
    I'm not saying I have the biggest bonus, or that I know they were re-entering me, but I just prefer to have a few friends whose cities I enjoy visiting, and whose comments I enjoy on the board.

That reminds me, we haven't connected yet. Throw me an invite so I can re-enter you, I don't care how big your bonus is.

whistling.gif

Hmmm....if you're doing the re-entering, I think I need to worry about the size of YOUR bonus. Sonny, it's only fitting we become friends on the day I stole your "trash arrow to the buildings". Good news, you won't have to look around long....a tornado came through and destroyed my Springfield. Everyone is safe, but it may be a while before they have a proper city.
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I think this spells the end of house farming now that $$ is stocking up and the reindeer bonus..
    Also... I suspect we'll see more bonus donuts in updates..

Is there anyone out there?
  • rdee22
    77 posts
    edited January 2013
    I never said I didn't like the bonus but now I'm not so into the game anymore. I used to send characters on tasks every hour now they do 12 hour tasks. I have every building premium item and now millions of dollars waiting for the next update. The friend bonus has relieved me of the daily grind of this game.
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    rdee22 wrote:
    I never said I didn't like the bonus but now I'm not so into the game anymore. I used to send characters on tasks every hour now they do 12 hour tasks. I have every building premium item and now millions of dollars waiting for the next update. The friend bonus has relieved me of the daily grind of this game.
    banghead.gif
  • feelin_irie_685
    151 posts
    edited January 2013
    I seem to get kicked off before the big payouts but its all good........ 8)
  • rubymccoachx
    22 posts
    edited January 2013
    The friends bonus is ruining my life! The anxiety and stress once getting to a big tap is going to send me into an early grave :P Also means even more of my life is now dedicated to this game haha
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    The friends bonus is ruining my life! The anxiety and stress once getting to a big tap is going to send me into an early grave :P Also means even more of my life is now dedicated to this game haha

Then stop doing it, lol. It's why I did it only a couple of times. It ruined the game for me because it took so long and the stress over crashing was too much.
  • BlueElwood
    148 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I think it does in ways. People farm their friends, get tons of money, get everything faster because they're leveling up faster and gaining more money, which in turn allows them to have a bigger towns and max out their levels because other people who play it normally are still far behind trying to save for their new buildings.

THEN before the normal legit players even finish any of the tasks, the people who have farmed come here and ask 'Where's the new update....so bored!' well you know what, if you played normally, you wouldn't be bored.

I have tried the friend farming and just gave up, kept getting kicked off. I'm not saying don't farm, I'm just saying don't complain about leveling through super faster then come here and ask where the new update is. Others are still far behind you, trying to catch up.

• Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited January 2013
    Do anyone actually think this design flaw (i.e. not intended by EA) will stay with the coming updates? The "friend bonus" is a game exploit.

If anyone bother with the tapping in and out, fine, thats up to you. Most online games have rules against things like these, users should make the developers aware of the "problem" so they can correct it -but that does not involve posting "how to make easy $$" threads on this forum :lol:

But hey, I don't except any action from EA, they don't even have moderators on their forums.
  • alexsanjuan1
    49 posts
    edited January 2013
    A little behind but how much realistically can one gain from the friend bonus? I haven't the slightest clue how to do it yet if indeed the rewards are such, I can see why some tappers would be somewhat intrigued by the concept.
  • Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited January 2013
    A little behind but how much realistically can one gain from the friend bonus? I haven't the slightest clue how to do it yet if indeed the rewards are such, I can see why some tappers would be somewhat intrigued by the concept.

The sky's the limit ...
  • dougsbeard
    286 posts
    edited January 2013
    ive only done it a couple of times, but i kept it kind of low (like $500 per tap). i didnt really have the time to sit any longer and rack it up even higher and then collect form all of my neighbors but i also felt bad doing it...like i was using a warp whistle to jump straight to level 8 or something.
  • El Jorge44
    189 posts
    edited January 2013
    BlueElwood wrote:
    I think it does in ways. People farm their friends, get tons of money, get everything faster because they're leveling up faster and gaining more money, which in turn allows them to have a bigger towns and max out their levels because other people who play it normally are still far behind trying to save for their new buildings.

THEN before the normal legit players even finish any of the tasks, the people who have farmed come here and ask 'Where's the new update....so bored!' well you know what, if you played normally, you wouldn't be bored.

I have tried the friend farming and just gave up, kept getting kicked off. I'm not saying don't farm, I'm just saying don't complain about leveling through super faster then come here and ask where the new update is. Others are still far behind you, trying to catch up.

the only thing it allows you to get faster is land. you still have to grind though all the regular tasks. I never had a problem playing and saving cash before the friends bonus. at least now with an extra 15 minutes added to my friend collection time I get a decent amount stored. thankfully now I send everyone on 4 hour tasks instead of one. which after months of playing was getting old.
  • Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited January 2013
    Before the "friend bonus" made its entry, I cant remember seeing threads asking if theres a cash limit.

Like this one: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9227826.page,
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Somebody had posted that they felt that the friend bonus was exploitation and I think that is a valid argument. Perhaps it's why those who are spending money on premium items should only have friends with premium items? Mutual exploitation!

Somebody else asked if they thought that EA would get rid of this loophole? Abso-f'ing-lutely! The servers are crap already, I can't imagine how much worse hundreds of people going in and out of a town for an hour is making the load on the servers.

Yep. If I were EA, I would definitely rework the coding and write this thing out.

Finally, somebody posted that this was taking money out of EA's pocket. Say what? Wait, are we getting donuts for this trick? Are we getting actual money? No. It gives you fake game money, sure it is exploitation but EA isn't losing any money over it so not a valid argument point.

There....long post but hit all the comments I found interesting in the last few posts.
  • Ankarstroom
    228 posts
    edited January 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Somebody had posted that they felt that the friend bonus was exploitation...
    <snip> <snip>
    There....long post but hit all the comments I found interesting in the last few posts.

Spot on. The only reason why I would even remotely consider tapping in and out for tons of cash would be to expand my land to max so I can place my stuff in the middle once and for all and expand from there. Other than that money is not very important. But then we have the issue with more crashes as we expand, so my conclusion is I´ll pass on this one.
  • lrc1
    122 posts
    edited January 2013
    I used it 3 or 4 times and earned about 800k.

I don't bother now. After i expanded a little i quickly found i didn't enjoy spending the time doing it, and realised I earned cash and xp at a decent rate anyway. Now I am maxed out on xp, yet still building so I have screwed my game progression up.

It is nice to know that I can earn a quick 200k if I need to though.
  • Jesfer72
    90 posts
    edited January 2013
    I did it only four times and I am done doing it. I wanted cash and now I have it. First two times 30min 3rd time 45min and 4th time 1 hour. I don't need to do it anymore. I'll still have a house farm but instead of all together they are sprawled out through the town.
  • kymie1988
    253 posts
    edited January 2013
    I done it for 3 days then stopped. Got myself to 1mill, Bought some land, and went down to 500k.
    I'm now sitting on 1.5mill and am happy knowing I worked hard for my other million.
    Am comfortable now for the new update, as I know buildings are going to be expensive!
    It was a nice trick to get some money banked, but yeah, if I carried on I would have ruined the game for myself.
  • carvensno
    93 posts
    edited January 2013
    well i didnt get 500k, but i did get myself about 100k+ with which i was happy with. And finding who my premium players are that help with this :mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.