EA Forums - Banner

Is anyone else losing interest in the game?

Prev13
I've been playing since day one, I've spent nearly 300 dollars on the game and its been fun, but I think I'm over it now. It's gotten to a point where they are making it obvious that the game is 100% about making money instead of being about the fans. They now require us to buy other premium characters and premium items to finish storylines, and if you don't want to shell out an additional twenty bucks, you don't get any closure.

I think that from now on I'm only spending my money on items that will help me in life- like lessons for a new skill or a new piece of software that I can write off on my taxes.

Adios, TSTO, it's been fun.

I find the incorporation of the premium items Into quests an added bonus. They're not required.

Replies

• Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Indeed. Premium items are NOT required for main questlines.
  • leepierce27
    327 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:

Except for the Princess in Freddie Quimby's storyline. I was prompted to buy her three days ago, still nothing.
  • Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:

Except for the Princess in Freddie Quimby's storyline. I was prompted to buy her three days ago, still nothing.

This again- the storyline finishes without her.... It just gives you another peice if you happen to have her
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited November 2014
    I don't believe you need to spend money to enjoy the game. That said, I don't blame you for losing interest. I feel that way often in between events...and spending money wouldn't change that for me.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    No, I haven't lost complete interest in the game, but it has waned a lot. It's never been much of a time consuming game for me, a few minutes here and there a day. But lately I do miss a lot of days, I forget to go back and start quests, story lines and events take longer to complete because I forget I'm in the middle of them. It used to be the first game I checked and then head to the forum for info, but not anymore. I'm hoping Christmas gets me back interested, but so far this year has been a little less interesting to me. I do have a few other games that I enjoy more, but it's still a good game.

• larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    sometimes im bored by the game because i need lots of cash for a building or alot of the land. But once im able to design my town a little further im not bored anymore
  • ccnqsj985
    195 posts
    edited November 2014
    I wish I had $300 to dump into this game but I'm kind of glad that I don't have it to waste. Buying everything in the game withdonuts seems that it takes away from the fun in the first place. Don't get me wrong id love to buy up the premium menus and the stuff looks cool in other towns. Just cant seem stop thinking that it sometimes is the easy way out of something in game and that. It makes it easier to level up and gain money, for me it takes away from the complexity of the game.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    How is using donuts to buy premium items taking the easy way out. That's like saying using donuts to speed tasks up is cheating. I don't understand why so much negativity towards using donuts. I'm not addressing anyone in particular, but I have read this before, and it has baffled me why some feel this way. Do you also consider house farming and taking advantage of glitches the easy way out or cheating, just wondering. If people don't use donuts, there most likely wouldn't be a game anymore.
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    i love the game during events, new levels, and when we get new stuff for Frink Points. ive spent money on premium items. (im guessing about 80 bucks so far)

if i really want something premium ill spend money on donuts if i really want the premium item. i take more chances getting donuts from mystery week boxes or visiting friends after maxing out FP's and finishing events.
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Not me: yet. I survived the Easter horror.

If they don't give us any wheel/magic box combinations (not up front or disguised) I'll be happy to spend a few donuts in December.

Feeling mellow after receiving the lovely gift of the Staples Building and the Thanksgiving feast table.

Seems a surprise is arriving tomorrow, donut worthy though....

Thanks EA

Snow now please. :wink:
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    It was super addictive in the beginning when I had lots of new levels to complete. Now I quickly lose interest during non-event time. Lvl updates and FP prizes don't excite much, all I really care about are events now.
  • monkeyhandsL
    47 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    The opposite. Just started playing again after not playing the game for a a couple of months :D
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I've spent much more real dollars on this game than $300 ( I stopped smoking and collecting SW toys, so you can imagine where that money has been going), and I was playing every day. Since the update that fixed the Thanksgiving quest, my game is, to me, unplayable, due to a very annoying lag when tapping any character in SF (KL doesn't seem affected). Now, I only turn the game on to see if it's fixed and clear handshakes, and then put it back down for the day.

I've contacted EA throughout the years when I have an issue I can't fix, but that process of communication is not always good. I don't have to constantly contact Bethesda or Rockstar for their games, so I've given up on EA.

I find the longer this bug lasts, the less interest I have in the game. If the bug lasts for longer than another week, I believe my addicted spell will be broken, and I'll be able to put the game down for good. I don't play any other mobile games, so this would give me several hours per day back to do with as I choose.

OP, I hope you enjoy your next game. :D
  • rsava2449
    121 posts
    edited November 2014
    I get bored with the game at times. It's pretty boring right now. I had high expectations for Black Friday and was disappointed in the sale. Hopefully they add a fun twist to Christmas to keep people logging in and everything isn't premium.
  • Homer807
    267 posts
    edited November 2014
    I've spent much more real dollars on this game than $300 ( I stopped smoking and collecting SW toys, so you can imagine where that money has been going), and I was playing every day. Since the update that fixed the Thanksgiving quest, my game is, to me, unplayable, due to a very annoying lag when tapping any character in SF (KL doesn't seem affected). Now, I only turn the game on to see if it's fixed and clear handshakes, and then put it back down for the day.

I've contacted EA throughout the years when I have an issue I can't fix, but that process of communication is not always good. I don't have to constantly contact Bethesda or Rockstar for their games, so I've given up on EA.

I find the longer this bug lasts, the less interest I have in the game. If the bug lasts for longer than another week, I believe my addicted spell will be broken, and I'll be able to put the game down for good. I don't play any other mobile games, so this would give me several hours per day back to do with as I choose.

OP, I hope you enjoy your next game. :D

Damn, how is it not fixable though? Sounds like a problem with your device
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Homer807 wrote:
    Sounds like a problem with your device

You're probably right. I have a Galaxy Tab 2. My wife has a Tab 3 and does not have this problem. I bought my tablet specifically to only play Tapped Out. Still debating on putting more money into another tablet for this time passer.

Thanks for the tip, neighbor :D

• mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited November 2014

I feel the same. Perhaps it’s the demands of real life or that I have no more space to express my creativity.

What I have enjoyed though is the new sysyetm of many updates and daily dialogues during an event. I’ll know for sure on whether I’ll quit or not at some point in a few months.
  • Mumble_Taker
    180 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Not losing interest, just experiencing some fatique since the middle of Halloween update. My plan is too grind early for the Xmas event so I can take a breather for a few weeks until *. V day's event.

Of course "fatique" is better than the feelings I had during the Easter debacle :evil:
  • josebot533
    891 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    I know how some of you feel. I've spent some money on this game and at times can get pretty stale but so can anything you've been doing for years. Black Friday was stale but I got everything I wanted so nothing wowed me. I honk what's * me off is the over priced tags. 200,250 for a mansion and a ship that has no character with it. Thansgiving mini update was nice and was a nice surprise to go with a great Halloween update. **** & Easter should go into the NEVER. AGAIN. PILE.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited November 2014
    Igcognita wrote:
    How is using donuts to buy premium items taking the easy way out. That's like saying using donuts to speed tasks up is cheating. I don't understand why so much negativity towards using donuts. I'm not addressing anyone in particular, but I have read this before, and it has baffled me why some feel this way. Do you also consider house farming and taking advantage of glitches the easy way out or cheating, just wondering. If people don't use donuts, there most likely wouldn't be a game anymore.
    I feel like house farming and taking advantage of glitches is a cop out by players. Though to each their own. I know I've used glitches before so I can't say it's totally wrong. As far as using donuts to buy premiums goes. I think if you have the money then why not? If you pay real money then you'll get some extras. There's nothing wrong with that. Well unless a person starts feeling entitled. Though lately I haven't seen that on here which is awesome.

What I don't understand is why anyone would habitually speed up every task to get things they'll get anyways. I've done it once in a while, but only on extremely rare occasions, and if I had spare donuts. To do it all the time seems like a huge waste to me.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.