EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• Celticpeasant
    45 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    kanatidis wrote:
    The game freezes when I try to visit my neighbours. It loads for a short while then it freezes. Thought the small update yesterday would do the trick but it didn't . I've made a hard reset on my device after applying the update.

I have been having the trouble as well kanatidis and I have done every basic fix. Shut down everything, restarted, my device has plenty of space. I reported it to EA and I will let you know if anything useful comes as a response other than what is in their Q&A.

Good luck.
  • wespow757
    1 posts
    edited December 2014
    Hey Gypsy,

Starting about a week ago, I can't tap homer or lisa. When I do, it crashes my game. It's so odd too, as it only happens on this ONE ACCOUNT!!!! I nuked my springfield, and homer was in the writers building doing a quest, and i nuked it. Now, Homer and Lisa are just so annoying, since half of my quests need either one of them!! AUGH!! I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting my phone, nothing. this is really making me mad, please help!

I've been having this problem since Halloween, I quit playing and decided to retry for the Christmas event, but now the problem has spread to other characters. I doubt there is a fix other than email EA and wait six-weeks for a response, well after the event has ended of course.
  • Robbie8575
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    My Santa can't perform tasks due to his list not showing completely when u click on him
  • SandraShill
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Robbie8575 wrote:
    My Santa can't perform tasks due to his list not showing completely when u click on him

Santa doesn't have any tasks, or at least not yet. What you're seeing is as it should be, although there's some likelihood that he may get some tasks later and that's why they've given him a proto-menu.

The "Santa Tasks" referred to so far are the ones I the cave, and they're done by regular game characters.

Hope this helps!
  • Danxlambo
    1 posts
    edited December 2014
    It just crashes from the loading screen. Disappointing. I updated yesterday and started with the toy shop, now I can't even enter my Springfield from loading screen. Tried a power with my phone...???
  • kikiweems
    4 posts
    edited December 2014
    I have not been able to log into the game for almost 24hrs. If I start the game and not log in, it will let me play from level 1. If I use my login for the game, it crashes. Please help, I would love to get back to the Xmas event, I have been waiting all year for this.
  • SandraShill
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    kikiweems wrote:
    I have not been able to log into the game for almost 24hrs. If I start the game and not log in, it will let me play from level 1. If I use my login for the game, it crashes. Please help, I would love to get back to the Xmas event, I have been waiting all year for this.

http://tstoaddicts.com/2014/07/05/troubleshooting-101-my-game-went-back-to-level-1/
  • rayster43
    2 posts
    edited December 2014
    Can't log into my main game on Android tablet, just crashes. Worked last night but not this morning. Can play as anon and in a second log in where my game is not as advanced (and where I haven't spent donuts). Loaded the game on my iPhone (where it had never been installed before) and same crash.
  • crystalgray74
    1 posts
    edited December 2014
    :( everyone who plays the Simpson's tappedout is having problens loading and lagging of the game please fix .. I am on level 47 and have put alot of time and money in this game .thank you
  • jasoniusrex
    7 posts
    edited December 2014
    Very disappointed. Could play two hours ago but now on my galaxy pad and my galaxy s2 phone the game sticks right after logging in then crashes. I have restarted and reinstalled on both devices and still the same thing. Seems to be a common problem with other people. Hope they fix this soon.
  • SandraShill
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Robbie8575 wrote:

Santa doesn't have any tasks, or at least not yet. What you're seeing is as it should be, although there's some likelihood that he may get some tasks later and that's why they've given him a proto-menu.

The "Santa Tasks" referred to so far are the ones I the cave, and they're done by regular game characters.

Hope this helps!

Update: They released a mini-update this afternoon, and now Santa has a 4-hour task to eat milk sends cookies.
  • yaxzena
    4 posts
    edited December 2014
    Hi, I have problem to start my Simpson's, I come to the log in but when I tap to get to my town it just shuts down. I have tried it from two different units but its the same problem and now I'm losing bonus stuff because I can't log in. What do I do now?
  • tomotoko
    10 posts
    edited December 2014
    I have the same problem! The problem comes from ORIGIN. Because i can play anonymously (starting new).
    But when i use my Origin Account it crashes while the Donut is spinning.

I tried:
    - Updating my iPad Air
    - Deleting Tapped Out (twice!) and installing updating all new again
    - I made 10GB space on my iPad

Nothing works. I hope EA fixes this problem very soon! I started the christmas quests yesterday and finished some, and then all of the sudden it stopped working!

Please EA, fix this issue! Comes from Origin!

Thanks in advance!
  • Meerkat187
    10 posts
    edited December 2014
    Having same problem as everyone else. Haven't been able to get into my game all day.
  • tomotoko
    10 posts
    edited December 2014
    After some research with people who contacted EA by phone over this, it seems that our Origin Accounts don't work because our last save-file is corrupted which happened to ALOT of people within the past 24 hours.

One person had his resetted to two days ago and it worked again, but of course all his process was gone and he didn't get any reperations for that loss.

If they would reset mine i would lose all the christmas process + several donuts i bought and spent.

Still hoping EA can fix this problem with ORIGIN without resetting everyones save-data, if they can't i expect reperations as i spent real money which would be gone then.

I suggest everybody to contact EA to put on more pressure!
  • tampafats
    2 posts
    edited December 2014
    Was able to play this morning. This afternoon is started crashing on start-up. Was in the middle of a bunch of X-mas quests. Also have spent hundreds of dollars on this game, so a fix or explanation from EA would be appreciated. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • egonzo37
    10 posts
    edited December 2014
    In the Christmas quest. I completed tunnel 3 and never received my Christmas compound. I already have the depot from last year. I received the extra elf. I logged off and logged back in but still not in inventory. Thanks

Sorry. I just realized the "Christmas compound" is fat Tony's compound. ?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SandraShill
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    tampafats wrote:
    Was able to play this morning. This afternoon is started crashing on start-up. Was in the middle of a bunch of X-mas quests. Also have spent hundreds of dollars on this game, so a fix or explanation from EA would be appreciated. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Many, many people having a problem and they're working on patches, from what I've read. In the meantime, you may wasn't too post your problem on a thread that was set up specifically for this purpose: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out-Crashing-since-update/m-p/4085230#U4085230
  • Worth12
    1 posts
    edited December 2014
    Like other users here I've been trying since around 11am GMT to get back into my game (which worked fine this morning). It lets me log into Origin but crashes before my town opens. I've invested a lot of money in this town. There are time limited quests I've got running and I'm likely to lose out on the rewards on them now because I can't get in. I understand some games are being reset. If that's the case, I expect to be compensated and I think EA should increase the timescales for the event elements as well to take into account those of us who can't play (especially on a weekend!). In game where time is literally money (i.e. real world money speeds things up), it is bad form when very time limited elements are introduced and then players are prevented from getting into the game to complete things without spending premium currency - unless of course this is rectified, which I'm sure it will be. I think all of us would appreciate a message clarifying what we should do (clearly the usual options of closing and reopening the game aren't working) about this and when EA expects to fix this problem.
  • SandraShill
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Worth12 wrote:
    Like other users here I've been trying since around 11am GMT to get back into my game (which worked fine this morning). It lets me log into Origin but crashes before my town opens. I've invested a lot of money in this town. There are time limited quests I've got running and I'm likely to lose out on the rewards on them now because I can't get in. I understand some games are being reset. If that's the case, I expect to be compensated and I think EA should increase the timescales for the event elements as well to take into account those of us who can't play (especially on a weekend!). In game where time is literally money (i.e. real world money speeds things up), it is bad form when very time limited elements are introduced and then players are prevented from getting into the game to complete things without spending premium currency - unless of course this is rectified, which I'm sure it will be. I think all of us would appreciate a message clarifying what we should do (clearly the usual options of closing and reopening the game aren't working) about this and when EA expects to fix this problem.

See my post above about a better place to share those thoughts...