EA Forums - Banner

Christmas Episode *SPOILERS*

I forgot to watch it!

Replies

• annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Zomboy716 wrote:
    I thought this was a really good episode.
    Also, the ice castle that was seen in spoiler pictures from this event was in the opening sequence.
    1446012_o_1.gif~original

(Didn't see episode. Sounds wonderful!)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Patty and Selma playing hockey in the show opening. ..want those skins!
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I hope this means the re-release of the grinch. Also hope for the garland wreaths for the cooling towers. I like them better than the candy stripe towers.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    we saw the spider pig too. well kinda
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited December 2014
    the simpsons has bascially become a 23 minute series of references to pop culture with no discernable connection to anything resembling a story line.

the show has pretty much lived out its life.

the scripts must read: "and then this happens . . . . and then this....and then this."

Nothing they do is good, and most old Simpsons fans tend to agree. I don't watch regularly anymore and haven't for more than decade. The episodes I have seen (the lego one, and a couple of game tie-in episodes were so cringeworthy they were almost unwatchable.)

My two cents
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I guess you didn't watch this episode...there was a plot.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I think that The Simpsons isn't as good as it used to be, but by no means is it terrible. It is still a lot of fun, and an outstanding show.

Because something declines in quality a small amount doesn't mean it's worthless.
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited December 2014
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    I think that The Simpsons isn't as good as it used to be, but by no means is it terrible. It is still a lot of fun, and an outstanding show.

Because something declines in quality a small amount doesn't mean it's worthless.

We obviously disagree on "the small amount" part because I find the show totally unwatchable. but that's OK, to each their own.
  • CookieKwan1
    962 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    amcevil wrote:
    the simpsons has bascially become a 23 minute series of references to pop culture with no discernable connection to anything resembling a story line.

the scripts must read: "and then this happens . . . . and then this....and then this."

Nothing they do is good, and most old Simpsons fans tend to agree. I don't watch regularly anymore and haven't for more than decade. The episodes I have seen (the lego one, and a couple of game tie-in episodes were so cringeworthy they were almost unwatchable.)

My two cents
    :lol: I read this in an old grandpa voice "kids today and their popping culture and hippity hop.."
    The new episodes aren't as good as the old but maybe some folks connect with those new episodes like we do with the old. In case you forgot they have to cater to a very broad audience and can't please everyone all the time and stay relevant. I'm sure it's no simple feat. I definitely would NOT agree nothing they do is good.
    Each to their own though.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    amcevil wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:

We obviously disagree on "the small amount" part because I find the show totally unwatchable. but that's OK, to each their own.
    I think about it in number of laughs. I still laugh and enjoy the show, but there aren't as many per episode as there once was.
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited December 2014
    amcevil wrote:

My two cents
    :lol: I read this in an old grandpa voice "kids today and their popping culture and hippity hop.."
    The new episodes aren't as good as the old but maybe some folks connect with those new episodes like we do with the old. In case you forgot they have to cater to a very broad audience and can't please everyone all the time and stay relevant. I'm sure it's no simple feat. I definitely would NOT agree nothing they do is good.

that's how it should be read. now get off my lawn ;)
  • CookieKwan1
    962 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    amcevil wrote:
    amcevil wrote:

My two cents

:lol::lol:
  • agentkhoff28
    73 posts
    edited December 2014
    I loved the episode last night! Very funny stuff and so many hidden things here and there. I look forward to watching it again.
  • Surfcitygal
    1272 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I just missed it.

But I think I can get it on the Fox Now app, so that's next :D
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    It was kind of a downer episode, really. Lots of sadness.
  • blackgryphon9999
    687 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    If you missed it, try Hulu.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    amcevil wrote:

LOL. Now you have me picturing you like this:

article-2604925-038E1555000005DC-58_634x419.jpg
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I loved the episode! Moe was pitiful. Homer, too. Loved Apu's limit of 10 lottery tickets, d'oh, d'oh.... Maybe they'll give us some free scratch offs! Lol :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.