EA Forums - Banner

FED's and Neighbor Visits Question

From what I understand - at this time assuming nothing changes, it is more beneficial to drop Feds than tap on houses since the neighbor gets a present for each Fed you drop, and you get the same amount of presents.

And I had the same question about whether they go away or not, and LPNintendo said they do not go away. Since a town can only hold 20, there may be times you choose to tap on houses, or tap on one house and come back later to drop 2 Feds, or simply come back later.

Replies

• empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks patz and Brevis, I hope you got my Feds Brevis :)
  • Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    One possible benefit for your neighbors from tapping on specific buildings: you can reset the timer on the elf houses, present depot, and Christmas trees. It was said early that you get nothing for tapping on them, but I don't know if that info is up to date.

If a neighbor is full of FEDs, I'll look for one of those buildings to keep that town on schedule with my other neighbors. Then, I'll try later to drop a couple FEDs.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I'd say only about half of my neighbors have unlocked the Feds so far. As more neighbors get to that point it will be easier to reach the max number of Feds in your town so buildings will still get tapped unless you're logging in every few hours and clearing them.
  • nissa762
    1951 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Not sure about forum rules as it states links aren't allowed, mods please delete if mentioning another site isn't ok.

TSTOAddicts website has a great and lengthy FAQ on feds and this event pinned as the first post on the website, called "Addicts Question Corner: Fed Detail Redux...". Should answer any question you might have and more.
  • maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    If a neighbor is full of FEDs, I'll look for one of those buildings to keep that town on schedule with my other neighbors. Then, I'll try later to drop a couple FEDs.

:thumbup: This is what I do.
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    One possible benefit for your neighbors from tapping on specific buildings: you can reset the timer on the elf houses, present depot, and Christmas trees. It was said early that you get nothing for tapping on them, but I don't know if that info is up to date.

Good thought - rather than just picking a random building to tap to stay on schedule, at least these are some help.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I have a question too, I know when you visit neighbours you stop receiving presents after you've Visited so many, but do your neighbours still get presents from the Feds you've dropped in their towns, even when you've stopped getting them yourself? Or do they only get money and XP from the feds you drop after you've stopped getting presents yourself?

Hope that makes more sense than i think it did! :lol: :?
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited December 2014
    When exactly do you get the Feds? I don't have them yet and I have 3 open tasks for Homer while he's on a 4 hour one
  • HappyGamer73
    2395 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    As far as I know, you always get a present for tapping a Fed (that sounds worse than it was supposed to!). I've always received 1 present each time, and I assume at least once was when the neighbour had surpassed their limit.
  • wadebear
    4000 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    I have a question too, I know when you visit neighbours you stop receiving presents after you've Visited so many, but do your neighbours still get presents from the Feds you've dropped in their towns, even when you've stopped getting them yourself? Or do they only get money and XP from the feds you drop after you've stopped getting presents yourself?
    Yes.

:twisted:

Yes, your neighbors still get presents from the Feds you send them.
  • casbythoug530
    156 posts
    edited December 2014
    As of whichever in game update we had on the 2nd or 3rd day, tapping the present depot, the elf house, or the XMAS tree will now drop presents (The little black box and the Rigellian huts still have floating cash and still only drop cash, I assume the news station, and other things that don't have floating presents also drop cash instead

Eta: as of the in game update that I received at 1120am eastern today, the little black box and the Rigellian hut both have floating boxes and pay out presents now I don't know about the farm floating items as I was mainly dropping feds
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Brevis45 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    Hope that makes more sense than i think it did! :lol: :?

Your neighbours still get the presents even if you no longer do. :-)
    As far as I know, you always get a present for tapping a Fed (that sounds worse than it was supposed to!). I've always received 1 present each time, and I assume at least once was when the neighbour had surpassed their limit.
    wadebear wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:
    Yes.

:twisted:

Yes, your neighbors still get presents from the Feds you send them.

That's great! Thanks guys! :D
  • terend2013
    60 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    can anyone confirm that you can still get Friend Point Bonus Donuts when using the Feds? So far i have not received any while using the Feds taps. I have received 2 from friend tapping on properties like usual after maxing out the presents from the first 30 neighbours or whatever.
  • edited December 2014
    At what point does the feds ability unlock?! Been playing it for a few days now, and everyone seems to be dropping them in my town, but i still can't do it back.. :(

* Never mind.. just found the answer out. Sorry folks. :mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!