EA Forums - Banner

Zutroy fiasco

Prev1
They advised me to wait 24 hours to receive him and if I don't, I should reopen my ticket. I'm about to do that now. It's really annoying because it's 3 days out from Christmas, I'm stressed about a lot of things and yeah it's a game but I've put A LOT of time into it as a freemium player. I know others have spent a ton of money but time is just as precious too. I'm hoping they are gonna fix my issue and HOPEFULLY release an update of the app and fix everybody's issue.

Replies

• surfcitypeg
    76 posts
    edited December 2014
    I also hope it's an update for everyone, not just fot those who started a ticket with EA.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3085 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I hope so too...I have my Zutroy but I'm really surprised that so many didn't get him.
  • Edawg7220
    56 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    After waiting almost an hour, they were able to successfully add Zutroy. Funny thing is-is that I had 2 in my inventory. So I now have one doing his first task and one in my inventory that can't be used. Looks like I have 25 elves too.
  • nobody5000
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I was told to just wait and it should eventually be fixed. No timeframe given. I was also offered 15 donuts as compensation for time and trouble. I never received them. I was also given a 15% off code for the origin store. There is a 20% off code on the site itself...
    I tried to reopen the case and got a message saying no agents were available.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Edawg7220 wrote:
    I'm assuming enough of us who didn't get Zultroy raised hell with EA's customer support in the last 24 hrs?
    I'm really hoping they work this out with an update in the next 48 hrs or so. I know that there's been a couple of threads started with this but I'm a completist.

Ah yes, a completionist. I used to be one too.
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited December 2014
    Just finished a chat. the wait time was ridiculous (nearly two hours from start to finish), and the person I chatted with told me that they're "experiencing high chat influx." So complaints are clearly being made about SOMETHING, who knows if it's all Zutroy or not. I was advised to wait for an update because, "when we add the item, it will disappear and or not shows up. since they have added it once, they will have to wait till its resolved but it will just disappear again." - not sure if that's just for my game, or the overall issue. I haven't seen anyone say that the received the character and then he disappeared again, so it might just be a Special Tami Rule.
  • Edawg7220
    56 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who got him and he stayed. I guess it all depends on who you deal with?
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited December 2014
    Edawg7220 wrote:
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who got him and he stayed. I guess it all depends on who you deal with?
    I never got him. Apparently that's what happened when they tried to add him into my game while chatting with me.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I got him with todays update on my iOS 8 iPad
  • velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    One of my friends has been messaging me half of today because she hasn't received him. I just got a random small update - hopefully it is fixed for you guys. If not I'll keep an eye on these threads.
  • nobody5000
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    After a second chat session today, I was finally able to get Zutroy added to my inventory. However, the agent said he could not give me the 15 donuts the previous agent had offered. It wasn't until I complained (with the backup of the original chat transcript) that he yielded.

Lesson learned, keep chat transcripts and don't back down when they try to pull a stunt like this.
  • defectdefect
    304 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I finally got him with the new update that happened today. Still bums me out that I live in Australia and other people on the forum are mentioning how they received outstanding customer service by being credited elves, presents and donuts via email or phone calls. Whatever I guess.

At least now I have Zutroy for all my effort.
    But we already did it. It took seven hours, but we did it. It's done.
  • abcproduction
    2 posts
    edited December 2014
    mine said to 'wait'. it will EVENTUALLY show up
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Sorry to all who didn't get him :(

While EA is slow about fixing things, I feel like rage situations like this one usually prompt a quick patch if it's something easy to fix.

My guess is that Monday's update was planned in advance to kick off upcoming holiday promos and those who have gotten him to show up were actually helped manually. That said, I would be surprised if they don't roll out a patch by Tuesday, considering how much money they are trying to make with the upcoming promos. IMO, screwing something like this up would get people fired, even at EA.
  • The-Gaz-9
    10 posts
    edited December 2014
    I didn't receive him either. I've just scrolled to the back of my inventory. Yep, there he was.

Look to the very end of your inventory, he may be there?
  • aasushii
    24 posts
    edited December 2014
    I still don't have him, even after the last update (and no he's not in my inventory, unfortunately).
    Getting really annoyed actually.... not just about not getting the final prize, zutroy, but also the missing elves, having to always exit Springfield to prompt everything, from getting the tunnels to open, to quests to continue & collect rewards (including the current janey quest, I have to exit SF every time)to Feds not appearing, or clearing a couple getting a pop up to say I'd cleared them all, leave SF, return 2 seconds later and the town is swarming with them, to the lack of excitement in the part 1 tunnel prizes. Maybe I've been playing too long, and am a bit too 'tapped out', but apart from personally finding the event a bit too ho-hum, I don't recall any event that has ever been as glitched as this one, and for such a long time.
    IMHO anyway
    :?
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I just found him in my inventory :)
  • missnewleaf
    210 posts
    edited December 2014
    He just showed up in mine too! :D
  • eliw23
    9 posts
    edited December 2014
    Yay I found him in my inventory too! Finally! I even got my missing 2 elves so I'm up to 96 total elves!!!
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the heads up, just checked my SF and he was in the inventory.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.