EA Forums - Banner

"Unfortunately tapped out has stopped"

Prev134
I'm also having issues. Can't get passed the loading screen without it closing. It figures....

Replies

• overactive144
    8 posts
    edited December 2014
    I'm getting the same issue. :cry: normally, if I keep getting it and force close all my open apps doesn't work, un-installing & re-installing it works. but not this time. :(
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Doesn't do you any good to dump, then reload the game. It's almost guaranteed to be on EA's end. There is always problems with crashes during an event. I've had these kinds of problems with EA owned games before. I'm not totally sure, but I'd think, EA's servers can't handle the load, and at peak times of the day, the crashes start. This has been a common occurrence, but I'm sure, after they get wind of this, providing there is someone monitoring this game, it will eventually get fixed. If it doesn't get fixed soon, they'll lose revenue, and EA losing righteous bucks is a no no.
  • djsinkw
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Gary_A_D wrote:
    This has been a common occurrence, but I'm sure, after they get wind of this, providing there is someone monitoring this game, it will eventually get fixed. If it doesn't get fixed soon, they'll lose revenue, and EA losing righteous bucks is a no no.

Another way to speed up the fix on EA's end is to insure EA knows there is an issue by calling EA and/or emailing or utilizing online EA chat customer service/help. It's guaranteed to not be fixed if EA isn't paying attention and no one speaks up. Everyone should contact EA asap if you want to play the game at some point soon...
  • JSP130
    5 posts
    edited December 2014
    Last time I was able to get in was at 11:45am EST.
  • djsinkw
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Ok. Game works for me. But, what happened to the holiday dailies? Got Gil offering holiday donuts special. But no elves. No daily tasks. Santa can't do anything. Did EA cancel Christmas?
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Had repeated crashes for the last week or so.

Tonight I was playing, sent Homer on his 4 hour Elf task and it crashed.

Haven't been able to get into the game since.

Tried logging in and out, also a re install without success.

It gives every appearance of loading but cuts out right at the end.
  • modtl
    77 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Mine worked.perfectly until EA released a "fix" which caused it crash every time you click login. Works on another account but my account is dead. Thanks EA. I think a 1/5 rating on Google Play is called for.
  • kaptkaos99
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Same problem for me. Crash on launch on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2.
  • Davit001
    19 posts
    edited December 2014
    My wife had this issue, which was fixed by the patch tonight. Mine just crashed post-patch and now will no longer work. :cry:
  • Mr_Martypants
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Here I am to say, "Me, too!"

I have a Moto X (android 4.4.4) after "Tap to Continue" the donut rolls and I get dropped back to the android home screen.

So, I broke out my old iPhone 4, and the same thing happens.

I decided to reload TSTO on the iPhone. It's downloading a bajillion updates right now, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Ok, I took so long to write this that I can say, reloading the iPhone did not fix it.
  • sdhamblet2732
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    My wife is having the same issue on her galaxy s3. Ive tried clearing the data, uninstalling/reinstalling the game with no luck.
  • faeries7
    9 posts
    edited December 2014
    When I try to log in it starts normal, then goes to the Bart screen and I have to hit retry. It just keeps going through the unable to connect, hit retry and never actually connects.
  • sith9er696
    33 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Also having the " unfortunately tapped out has stopped " message while trying to load
  • niquaidus
    1 posts
    edited December 2014
    Another "me too" post. Galaxy S4. Restarted phone, cleared data, uninstall/reinstall of the game... no luck. I've reported the bug each time. :)
  • D1nd0nly
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Got a Note 4. It was working until about an hour ago. Tried everything; even taking out the battery and restarting that way. Nothing works. Merry Christmas Guys...
  • usmurf666
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Me too. I sent Homer on his 4 hour task to stand on the elf door, and haven't been able to get the app to load since. That was about 2 hours ago. Now, it force closes after it starts loading, a few seconds after the tap to continue screen. I also tried to reinstall, but still have the same issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.
  • hostilejav154
    3 posts
    edited December 2014
    Having the same problem since around 11pm EST, now yesterday for me.
  • pvrooden1024
    142 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    usmurf666 wrote:
    Me too. I sent Homer on his 4 hour task to stand on the elf door, and haven't been able to get the app to load since. That was about 2 hours ago. Now, it force closes after it starts loading, a few seconds after the tap to continue screen. I also tried to reinstall, but still have the same issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Same problem for me, also after starting Homer's task (htc phone). Crashed after I visited friends, miq can't load the game.
    Possibly it is related to this task?

Or it is the game tellng us to spend time with family instead of playing games...
  • willielikesthat
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    EA, help! i'm having the same problem.
    Started happening around 8PM pacific.
    Keep getting the "Unfortunately Tapped Out has stopped" crash msg.
    Samsung Galaxy S3.
    Android 4.4.2
  • iain51269522
    745 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Just tried getting in tapped out stopped in the exact same way 5 times in a row.

Merry Christmas from EA?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!