EA Forums - Banner

maximizing bells for both you and your neighbor

Replies

• Or1onBelt
    18 posts
    edited December 2014
    Bump.

For the benefit of those who have just started playing phase 2.

:-)

• Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Bump.
  • lll3lucky
    543 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Quick question??? Does this method halt your progress in the storyline...even though it may get you to the prizes faster?
  • roxypup
    313 posts
    edited December 2014
    Should I not be tapping on my own cannon to leave it free for neighbors?
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    roxypup wrote:

You have to tap your cannon in order to shoot the elves. It will show as available unless another neighbor has already tapped it.
  • roxypup
    313 posts
    edited December 2014
    meinaz wrote:
    roxypup wrote:

You have to tap your cannon in order to shoot the elves. It will show as available unless another neighbor has already tapped it.

Thanks! And I like your Emmet Otter icon :)
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Someone tapped my cannon and clearing the handshake reset the cool down timer. I didn't even get a chance to fire it.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Nobody knows??

Howmany houres till your town is elfs full? 4h like other events??
  • mikeritjshua
    67 posts
    edited December 2014
    I tried tapping the canon in two of my neighbours town and felt a bit guilty even though I saw I got more bells than usual but then my neighbour has just visited my town and was able to tap my canon before it had reached the end of the first countdown - which was interesting......

Hmmm...all this talk of tapping canons could so easily be misinterpreted lol....
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Nobody knows??

I woke up this morning to find SIXTY elves in each of my towns. I thought max was 30 ... Must hold a buffer? As for the Four hours, I think that's true. Will need to time it(?)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    One tip I have is that when you see a fresh handshake above your elf tunnel and cannon, visit the neighbour that tapped it as soon as you can. Chances are, they've just signed in and cleared their handshakes as well.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    giving this thread a bump. Have we confirmed this is the best strategy?
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Nobody knows??

I woke up this morning to find SIXTY elves in each of my towns. I thought max was 30 ... Must hold a buffer? As for the Four hours, I think that's true. Will need to time it(?)

Think so to, thx Annette :P
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    cdepast wrote:
    giving this thread a bump. Have we confirmed this is the best strategy?

Well, if I have 85 friends and half of them know this trick and want my cannon and tunnel door, and mostly live in my hemisphere, and dont do their visiting at 3AM local time, im gonna have to be clearing handshakes, like, a really lot during my waking hours. Joe's going to have to feed me intravenously, so I don't waste time on, like, meals and stuff. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • wadebear
    4076 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    leeana69 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Hmmmm, I just got my cannon installed by Frink's lab. Guess I'll need to move something.

Miss neuroheart, did you spend donuts??!??
    Yes :oops: I spent two donuts on the last four hours of Homer begging the elves to stay.
    I wish I'd spent donuts on both tasks. By the time they finished the crashing had started last night and I could only get into the game for a few minutes at a time. I finally just had to give up and go to bed.

I still can't get into the game on my Nexus 7 today. I'm playing on the borrowed iPad that I've been using for my secondary Freemium only game. Which means I can't pop back and forth between devices while tapping through my friend's towns - which means it will take twice as long to do friend tapping until this gets straightened out.
  • wadebear
    4076 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    So here's a question...

When you fire the canon in a friend's town... Where do the elves come from? Are they YOUR elves? The Freind's elves? Or do they not count against (or for) either?
  • johncolombo
    11463 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2014
    so did I do good in figuring this out? No one seems to have found a flaw in it yet. Has anyone found any other object that gives neighbors bells as well as to the tapper?
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • realmrsupra
    93 posts
    edited December 2014
    so did I do good in figuring this out? No one seems to have found a flaw in it yet. Has anyone found any other object that gives neighbors bells as well as to the tapper?

Me thinks you've done very well by proposing this strategy neighboreeno. Thank you much.

Merry Christmas neighbor, Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry tapping :)
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited December 2014

Excellent idea, John! I've been targeting only those two items so far. Those of us with shorter friend lists are going to have a hard time maxing out on bells, but I'll see if I can do neighbor visits twice a day going forward.
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for sharing this, John. I'm seeing twice as many bells with this strategy when visiting, and when I'm in my own town, these items can be tapped by neighbors repeatedly as long as I clear them (sort of like a real time tennis match).

Best tip I've seen on this phase. Thanks again for sharing this valuable info. :thumbup:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!