EA Forums - Banner

maximizing bells for both you and your neighbor

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    it just dawned on me, even if people don't see this thread they are going to tap the first three items they see and if your canon and door are side by side those will be two of the first three things and everybody loves firing the canon.
    I've had people skip right over my cannon and tap on restaurants :(
  • johncolombo
    11463 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    it just dawned on me, even if people don't see this thread they are going to tap the first three items they see and if your canon and door are side by side those will be two of the first three things and everybody loves firing the canon.

A: don't you ever sleep either?
    B: shut up, really?
    :mrgreen:
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Remy3000
    95 posts
    edited December 2014
    I've tapped cannons & got no bells.

It runs out after a certain point, but more bells to be had by trying to only tap those two items on both sides.
    Example. Doors and canons start t at 10 bells, where everything else starts out at 5. Both decrees per action. I have 100 friends. So I'm getting double bells for 80 towns rather than lesser amount for 40 towns, plus your neighbor gets bells for clearing those items. But yeah at some point it's all cash.

You're a little off on your math. Not trying to be pedantic, but I just wanted to point it out so no one is confused. You get 120 taps a day in neighbor towns before you stop getting bells. If you limit yourself to 2 taps per neighbor by tapping only the cannon and cave door you'll be finished at 60 towns, not 80. This makes it a little less daunting to employ such a tactic.
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

Same!
  • realmrsupra
    93 posts
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

Lmao... All insomniacs please report to coffee and DOGNUT shop!!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

Pffft, who needs sleep?
  • A_Mom
    7 posts
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

Same!

That would be me. I skipped over the cannon because it had a fuse and not a bell and i was afraid that I'd be using up my neighbor's cannon shot. I didn't know that it reset the timer until i was able to come out to the forums and ask.
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

Pffft, who needs sleep?

This bump brought to you by

bda178ca-0cb7-4f6a-a245-496e732da2aa.jpg
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited December 2014
    Soon as I'm allowed back into my town I will move my elf door
  • hrcanejane365
    123 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    wadebear wrote:
    So here's a question...

When you fire the canon in a friend's town... Where do the elves come from? Are they YOUR elves? The Freind's elves? Or do they not count against (or for) either?

The only thing I do know is that they aren't your elves. I've watched my elf count and it did not change even when I've fired their cannon.

I am wondering if firing their cannon is putting more elves in their town than the max allowed since people have said that they are finding up to 60 elves in their town at a time. Anyone have any thoughts on this idea??? :-)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    Pffft, who needs sleep?

This bump brought to you by

bda178ca-0cb7-4f6a-a245-496e732da2aa.jpg
    Even funnier because I actually love that stuff.
  • thalia0305
    70 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Being doing a research in my towns.

You only get 120 actions that are rewarded with Elf Bells

From 1-30 you get 5 bells from each action making a 15 bell per neighbour you visit if you only tap houses, if you tap canon and tunel you will get 10 bells.
    From 31-60 you get 3 bells from each action making a 9 bell per visit for house, you get 6 bells if you tap canon and tunel (6 each)
    From 61-90 you get 2 bbells from each action making a 6 bell per visito for houses, you get 4 bells if you tap cannon and tunnel (each)
    From 91-120 you get 1 bell from each action making a 3 bell per visit for houses, you get 2 bells if you tap cannon and tunnel (each)

So if you only tap houses for 120 actions you get 330 elf bells, but if you are lucky and get to tapo each cannon and tunnel from your friends you can get 675 elf bell daily.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    thalia0305 wrote:
    if you are lucky and get to tapo each cannon and tunnel from your friends you can get 675 elf bell daily.
    Lucky or devoted. I go hatch hunting when I'm bored.
  • barszap785
    454 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    thalia0305 wrote:
    if you are lucky and get to tapo each cannon and tunnel from your friends you can get 675 elf bell daily.

Same here. It completely threw all my towns out of sync but I was able to only tap cannons and tunnels yesterday for all my bells.
  • johncolombo
    11463 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    thalia0305 wrote:

Hatch hunting? You may need this.
    oihQW1C.png
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    thalia0305 wrote:

oihQW1C.png

:lol: Took me a few seconds to get the reference.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    madfish86 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    thalia0305 wrote:

oihQW1C.png

I presume Lost, I never watched it though.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Anyone else get a donut from clearing the handshake over their tunnel? I just got one and didn't see it mentioned anywhere yet :shock:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    madfish86 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    thalia0305 wrote:

oihQW1C.png

I presume Lost, I never watched it though.

You got it, a Lost reference involving the mysterious hatch from the show :lol::mrgreen:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    Anyone else get a donut from clearing the handshake over their tunnel? I just got one and didn't see it mentioned anywhere yet :shock:
    I have seen cannon donuts mentioned a couple times.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10257885.page
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10258529.page
    Not the tunnel, though. They are similar in all other respects, though, so that's not surprising.
    I haven't gotten donuts from either, yet :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!