EA Forums - Banner

ok, donut problem, or EA.

I bought a store full at 7am 11-25-14, never got a one. Tried to contact EA all day yesterday, because they were not there the 25th, never got 2 talk or chat with anyone. Closest i got was about 9pm last nigh the phone rang and i could hear someone talking about how dumb the tapped out players were, the hole time i am screaming into the phone HELLO then click hung up on. Going to give it one more try today, even though some stuff i wanted is gone. Wish me luck, the only $ i ever spent and so far all i have is a headache.
Try contacting them via live chat you get to speak to a game adviser and they will help you to the best they can. It's quicker than ringing and they have helped me before a few times. Google ea live chat. Hope you get this sorted

Replies

• harleysott559
    24 posts
    edited December 2014
    Tried that also, never got a response. But not giveing up just yet.
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Tried that also, never got a response. But not giveing up just yet.

I'm trying this now.
  • 07abesimpson
    35 posts
    edited December 2014
    Honestly right now I can't rectify to buy donuts for this game. With all those gliches and server problems EA should get aware people are not willing to accept that all. I mean, if I would do my job like the programmer at EA I could take my papers. Releasing an buggy update and then leaving for holiday is absolutely no go.
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited December 2014
    People who bought donuts and did not get them, try the following: log out of the game (via Log Out button) and log back in. It might trigger the completion of the purchase. (off course only try this if you have an account linked and you know the username and password)
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    JcSnl wrote:
    People who bought donuts and did not get them, try the following: log out of the game (via Log Out button) and log back in. It might trigger the completion of the purchase. (off course only try this if you have an account linked and you know the username and password)

No luck
  • crazychimpah39
    107 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Didn't work for me either. Oh well, back to being a freemuim player. Still enjoyable.
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Same thing happened with me. I got a new device, thought it was an Apple Store problem so opened a ticket with them. If that doesn't work I will try the live chat option.
  • TzipiTzipora
    173 posts
    edited December 2014
    Ugh same here. Used gift cards just now and the gift card amount is gone from my iTunes account but no donuts in my game. Never had this happen before. I suppose if EA does not give us donuts soon we could contact Apple? If you used a credit card, you could dispute the charge. What sucks is that I had $49.01 in iTunesso only a dollar and whatever tax came to went on my card so...

Let's keep each other posted in this thread on whether we get or donuts, okay?
  • maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    The same thing happened to me, I just got off live chat and they said that this was a known problem and that they were working to resolve it and that it would take 24 hours to fix.
  • TzipiTzipora
    173 posts
    edited December 2014
    maavich211 wrote:
    The same thing happened to me, I just got off live chat and they said that this was a known problem and that they were working to resolve the it and that it would take 24 hours to fix.

Glad you got through. I'm in waiting, says current chat wait time is 50-55 minutes though! At least it opened a case even if I don't make it into chat. I'm guessing chat is full of people with the same issue..,
  • maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    maavich211 wrote:
    The same thing happened to me, I just got off live chat and they said that this was a known problem and that they were working to resolve the it and that it would take 24 hours to fix.

Glad you got through. I'm in waiting, says current chat wait time is 50-55 minutes though! At least it opened a case even if I don't make it into chat. I'm guessing chat is full of people with the same issue..,
    Yep i waited the same, they said there was an overload of people.
  • Annathewicked
    4719 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    My game crashes everytime I even try to purchase donuts... Super sad, I wanted a present
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • TzipiTzipora
    173 posts
    edited December 2014
    maavich211 wrote:
    maavich211 wrote:

Yep i waited the same, they said there was an overload of people.

Chat keeps glitching out on me. I don't have a working computer right now so having to use my ipad. Not sure if I will ever get in but thinking of leaving the chat window open, making sure my iPad doesn't go to sleep and reading a book or something while I wait since doing anything else runs the risk of me getting kicked out of. The chat, it seems. Anyway, I assume I get told the same as you. I'm just unsure how they track who buys and doesn't get donuts so just having a complaint in is probably a good idea for everyone affected even if we don't hang around for the chat.
  • j1320
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I bought donuts this morning and I received them. I went back into the game just a minute ago and they were gone.

Glad I'm not the only one!
  • harleysott559
    24 posts
    edited December 2014
    Took me almost 48hrs of constantly trying, but i got what i paid for. Not a extra donut one.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Congrats on finally getting the donuts you purchased!! But they should compensated you with a few extra donuts for the time and hassle it took you to get this to go through correctly.
  • TzipiTzipora
    173 posts
    edited December 2014
    Ugggggh! I waited over an hour to talk to the chat person and they are pretending this isn't a widespread issue and are eating proof I purchased the,. Problem is iTunes is notoriously slow on sending receipts so I haven't gotten the receipt so they're telling me wait 24 hours being all vague. So freaking frustrating!!!! I just wasted two hours on all this only to be told to wait. I pointed out Ive never had to wait for donuts to show up before. Uggggh.

NOT happy, EA.

Edited to add- So I brought up that I saw I wasn't alone in this issue and they changed their tune a bit and assured me I didn't lose money and the donuts will appear. I guess we just need to be patient.

However, when a company screws up something like this with consumers MONEY they really ought to offer some sort of compensation. This isn't just a game glitch or not getting enough of whatever holiday currency or something. It's pretty concerning to pay for something and not receive it... I had some issues buying physical products online for the holidays and was generally compensated in some way or form and at the very least offered an apology. They give out free donuts to people for much less so... I think we deserve something or why would I ever want to buy donuts again? I had plans today and thought I would just pop on before the sale ended and buy donuts really quick and go on with my day. But nope, that's not how things worked out at all... by far the worst screw up EA has had...
  • TzipiTzipora
    173 posts
    edited December 2014
    bradyc79 wrote:
    Congrats on finally getting the donuts you purchased!! But they should compensated you with a few extra donuts for the time and hassle it took you to get this to go through correctly.

Amen to that. It's like they don't even realize how extremely damaging it is to their image (which isn't so great anyhow) and brand to screw around with people's money...
  • shafanator108
    359 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    They told me(after an hour and a half wait in ea live chat limbo) that it is a known issue and should get resolved quickly. That's all they said. I told then I want extra donuts fur the issue and he said I would get some extra.

Let's see how long till we get our donuts.
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I bought a store full at 7am 11-25-14, never got a one. Tried to contact EA all day yesterday, because they were not there the 25th, never got 2 talk or chat with anyone. Closest i got was about 9pm last nigh the phone rang and i could hear someone talking about how dumb the tapped out players were, the hole time i am screaming into the phone HELLO then click hung up on. Going to give it one more try today, even though some stuff i wanted is gone. Wish me luck, the only $ i ever spent and so far all i have is a headache.
    Even though you've gotten your donuts back, I would strongly encourage you to create another ticket (pick email -- no waiting and they'll just forward it) with the following information:

Date / time you got that phone call (Dec 26, 2014 at 9pm Eastern)
    Ticket # that rep was calling in reference to
    Description of what that rep was saying about tapped out players
    Be polite

For EA's sake and other players, something like that needs to be properly documented so it can be addressed. A company as big as EA definitely does not want its reps talking trash about its players--particularly one like you, who has just ponied up $50 on a mobile app.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.