EA Forums - Banner

Anyone getting neighbour-donuts?

Prev1
I have never found 1 donuts...

Replies

• Astrotoyboy
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    oddly enough , im playing right now and was both surprised by gettin the elf bottler AND a donut too :D was real surprised haha
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited December 2014
    Yes. I got 3 yesterday :-)
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Hendri1992 - You can get donuts when you visit neighbour-towns if you have cleared all Fiends-levels.
  • wadebear
    3944 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I've gotten several in the last few days. 2 of them today.
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Ok, thanks, Im just unlucky then. :cry:
    I was just curious if it was stopped or so during x-mas.
  • barryriddl474
    4818 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Nearly every day, I receive donuts from visiting neighbors. I've received 2 donuts in the same town a time or two.

I get donuts so often, I wish there was a sticky thread in Game Discussion that was for thanking neighbors for the donuts. Of course, I realize that neighbors have no direct control on a person's ability to get donuts when visiting, but I'd still like to say, "Hey Whoever, thanks for the donut(s)!"

Same experience with my wife's game. Donut buffet when visiting.

Have you enabled "receive donuts from neighbor visits" in the game settings?

Neither have I, as it doesn't exist.

Weird that some receive them regularly while others never/rarely see them.
  • diverrob1225
    53 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I usually receive 1-2 donuts per day, but my personal best was 7, two nights ago. I even received 2 from the same town that particular night.
  • Cvija01
    466 posts
    edited December 2014
    26.12. 1 donat
    27.12. 2 donats

:)
  • mrbadxampl
    100 posts
    edited December 2014
    sometimes I get 2 or 3, about 75% of the time I seem to go through the entire list without getting 1... RNG luck...
  • maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Have you enabled "receive donuts from neighbor visits" in the game settings?
    I always forget to enable this after an update. ;-)

I've received 3-4 donuts daily from visiting neighbors since the Christmas update began. Seems higher than usual for me but I'm not complaining.
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    My average for along time was 6 per week (50 or so friends).
    Last week I got 4 and this week 3 so far with two days left on the countdown.
  • Hendri1992
    285 posts
    edited December 2014
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    Hendri1992 - You can get donuts when you visit neighbour-towns if you have cleared all Fiends-levels.

I know. I just never got one. I always visit friends, but never gotten any donuts. Just bad luck I guess..
  • davidd4949
    22 posts
    edited December 2014
    I got one on Xmas day after clicking my own towns elf gun, it registered but then the next day it is not on my tally of donuts, I went back one. Not getting them in neighbour towns since Xmas, previous to that I was getting at least one day.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I have got multiple from neighbors cannons but none from the elf doors.
  • cool2006
    776 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    not found any since the start off phase 2 usully i find about 2
  • Heilikiten
    175 posts
    edited December 2014
    I get only 1 donut from friends all time..no more*)))
  • TzipiTzipora
    173 posts
    edited December 2014
    There seems to be weird odds with the game and you sink into periods where you don't get many. During Halloween was when I first started getting them and I was getting 2-3 a day and it was awesome! Between Halloween and Christmas I went a week where I maybe got one, if any at all. In the past 12 hours I got 3. So seems to be extremely variable!
  • smohqy
    2104 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Are you a 'hit it n quit it' type Neighbor (ie: tap the first three things you see, then quickly go to the text town)? If so, you may not be realizing how many donuts you're getting. They pop up and then disappear pretty quickly. Also, if you're one of the people who play with no volume (why?), you may not hear Homer's "Mmm, premium currency" to alert you to the addition of a tasty pastry to your stash. My only recommendation is to note how many donuts you have when you start your visits (something I usually forget to do), then check again when you get Home. Of course, most Freemium players probably know exactly how many donuts they have at any given time. :D

As for hit it n quit it playing, I rarely do it. Sure, with a full Friend list, it takes a long time, but I love to look around Neighbor's towns, seeking my favorite Tappables, such as Willie's Shack, Lemon Tree, the Buddhist Temple, Otto's bus, All Seeing Eye, and items I don't have and envy, such as Blocko Store (Grrr!), snake dens, Sham Rock Cafe (before my donut-spending days), etc. If you notice that smohqy has tapped a Kwik E Mart, any house farm, or *shudder* a brown house, you'll know I was either in a hurry (rarely), or that your town had been Tapped hard and put away empty.

So, even though I rarely remember to note my donut count before visits, I usually hear Homer say Mmm. THAT'S a happy sound indeed. :)

Edit: I got three the other night - one coincidentally from Barry, so thank you! - and even though I had just purchased the Gil deal Boatload, I was very happy indeed.
  • barryriddl474
    4818 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    smohqy wrote:

Edit: I got three the other night - one coincidentally from Barry, so thank you! - and even though I had just purchased the Gil deal Boatload, I was very happy indeed.

Awesome! :D

• EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    No problems remembering how many I have. 32....
    But I actually got two yesterday, so it helps writing here and complain. :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!