EA Forums - Banner

Hunch: more cogs by tapping than by zapping

Prev1
I thought the same thing at first. Now I'm not so sure. It seems to have evened out so I'm thinking it may just be a probability thing.

I also tend to still just hunt them down and tap them. I tried using the zapper but unless I see a bunch together it still is easier to go into edit mode to find them with buildings and decorations turned off. Usually I just find one alone somewhere and it's faster to tap it than to try and zap it.

Replies

• barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I believe that the elves pay out cogs 30% of the time, regardless if you zap, tap or fap them to death/capture.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I've been using the zapper consistently since I got it, and I just upgraded my cannon to level ten.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I have tried fapping, got a lot of cogs.
  • barszap785
    454 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I have tried fapping, got a lot of cogs.

Cogs or clogs?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    All ages forum, guys.
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    :mrgreen:
  • barszap785
    454 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    :oops:
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    :XD:
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Oh, people are actually using the zapper? I find it really annoying. May I ask how big your screens are? I find it really inconvenient to use the zapper, because I have to move my finger so far just to get around, and the screen moves so much slower when my finger is on it the whole time.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited December 2014
    Is there any fact to this hunch?
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    May I ask how big your screens are?

Not trying to boast, but mine is 8 inches, measured diagonally.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited December 2014

:lol:

Mine is 10. I win. :mrgreen:
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I thought clogs would be those shoes. At least, that's what I thought until all age forum was mentioned.

For me, I tap as I go through to clear buildings and tasks, then a run through with the zapper to clean them all up. So like usual, I'm right in the middle of how people do things. :)
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited December 2014

:lol:

Mine is 10. I win. :mrgreen:

It's funkin' cold here today. Cut me some slack! :mrgreen:
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    All ages forum, guys.

I read this, and thought it referred to the post immediately above yours, and went and googled "clogs" to see if it has a double meaning. Nope. Cogs? Nope. That other word that rhymes with tap and zap? Aha!

:?

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Do a combination. When first sign on, zap the ones that are there by the cannon. As I am tapping my SF, I'll tap them unless they are close to something I'm leaving for a neighbor to tap. Have not seen a difference. Level 10 cannon & have way to 11.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    All ages forum, guys.

I read this, and thought it referred to the post immediately above yours, and went and googled "clogs" to see if it has a double meaning. Nope. Cogs? Nope. That other word that rhymes with tap and zap? Aha!

:?
    Ahhhh, good catch. I missed that. :)
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    after analyzing us stuff of Tstotopix found out there's no difference between Zapping and Tapping. it's always 30%
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    after analyzing us stuff of Tstotopix found out there's no difference between Zapping and Tapping. it's always 30%

Good to know!
    OP's thought crossed my mind this morning too. I combine and had found the drop rate on tapping much higher. Must just be a coincidence that the elsves I tap are the ones going to drop regardless.
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited December 2014

Good to know!
    OP's thought crossed my mind this morning too. I combine and had found the drop rate on tapping much higher. Must just be a coincidence that the elsves I tap are the ones going to drop regardless.

I do both and haven't really noticed a difference. Sometimes I get a bunch, and sometimes not. It even looked to me at first that zapping gave you more, but I guess I just hit a streak. :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.