EA Forums - Banner

Elf spawn

Replies

• vic147
    615 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I only can think that EA wil launch an Elf generating "thingie" at a hefty donut price.
  • stevedilge752
    198 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm waiting to see where i end up at, I shot my last round in my cannon with only 3 elves so I'm at 0 now and will see how may I end up with in 3 hours
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Apparently from 25/12 8am (GMT) to 26/12 8am (GMT), the Elves were generating at double-rate. Or at least that's what someone on another of the forums has reported finding.

Could make sense as they doubled the payout of Gift Cards on Xmas Day last year, and would explain how quite a lot of us experienced 12 Elves/hr (though not anymore for myself - back to 6/hr).

• johncolombo
    11504 posts Senior Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Or1onBelt wrote:
    Am I doing something wrong?

I have a grand total of five elves left in my bank and my level eight cannon is due to be fired in 2 hours.

I have been logging on every couple of hours to clear my town of elves, including the tunnel until I receive the "you have collected all your elves" message.

Am I missing something? I would think my bank count would be higher...

:?

That's about where I am now. Don't know if I'll find enough elves for the next canon fire.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • johncolombo
    edited December 2014
    I've been seeing something unusual over the past 2 days. When I log into my town, my cannon now clears itself of the handshake upon entry, leaving a fuse. Many, many times. I synchronize every time I play and when I return throughout the day, it's ready to fire. Repeatedly. I can't seem to keep enough elves to fire away. It will just sit there with the fuse while I'm scrounging for more elves. This glitch seems to be helping me on my leaderboard which is full of some heavyweight gamers. Gotta love when the glitch benefits the player. :D

*Not trying to sound arrogant with my post or as if I'm complaining about something good.

I've noticed the same thing but I don't see how that helps (or Hurts us) isn't just a neighbor tap going off by itself?
    If you could explain a bit more, I'm kinda out of it today.
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Only 6/hr and a max of 60 elves, Why? That is just dumb EA. You want us to play less?

Also I won't have a problem completing the event but it seems you're killing your attempt at donut draining by trying to sell useless cogs. Why not sell a elf generator?
  • johncolombo
    edited December 2014
    Only 6/hr and a max of 60 elves, Why? That is just dumb EA. You want us to play less?

Also I won't have a problem completing the event but it seems you're killing your attempt at donut draining by trying to sell useless cogs. Why not sell a elf generator?

or make the elf door upgradable to send us more elves and for bragging rights.
    :mrgreen:
  • cy909
    17 posts
    edited December 2014
    I just hope nobody bought the cogwheels for cannon upgrade, otherwise will be crying now with no elves-ammunition, is EA trying to cheat for donuts??
  • LPNintendoITA
    11587 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Linkwick wrote:
    Apparently from 25/12 8am (GMT) to 26/12 8am (GMT), the Elves were generating at double-rate. Or at least that's what someone on another of the forums has reported finding.

Could make sense as they doubled the payout of Gift Cards on Xmas Day last year, and would explain how quite a lot of us experienced 12 Elves/hr (though not anymore for myself - back to 6/hr).
    yes it was coded that on xmas day it'd have been double
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Bumping because this is a frequently asked question.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    bqlehmann wrote:
    Sounds like most folks are only getting 6 per hour, and so am I. I haven't read any posts from anyone lately getting 12 per hour, so looks like we're stuck with the lower total. Glad at least to find out I'm not the only one!

Yep, me too only 6 in 1h, hope its enough to collect all prizes.
    Maybe double elfspawn on Newyear too? :P
  • fishing4x4203
    13 posts
    edited December 2014
    7 elves in 3hrs **** :twisted:
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    vic147 wrote:
    I only can think that EA wil launch an Elf generating "thingie" at a hefty donut price.

Come to think of it, this is the first event in recent memory where there isn't a way to generate more of the collectible currency with either character tasks or other (for donut) buildings.
  • havocmike
    79 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I don't know what the issue is. I always seem to have about 100-150 elves in my bank at any given time.
  • JMPpierwszy
    16 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    OK, I have been taking notes on the number of elves generated each time i login and it is indeed 3 every half an hour except:
      [li]If I login every half and hour to collect them, the game seems to add the "collection time" to respawn time, i.e. the 30 minutes timer starts only after i collect the last one from from the current respawn[/li] [li]Sometimes, on average maybe once a day. I seem to be randomly getting an "extra respawn" - looks like some glitch? Also sometimes more elves than expected are generated during the night.[/li] [li]On 27/12 (definitely after the Xmas bonus period) I had a few hours with higher and irregular respawn rate.[/li]

Apparently there is some bug in the game that under some conditions can produce additional elves. Wish I knew how to exploit it :)
  • TheWriterer
    4 posts
    edited December 2014
    I signed up to TSTO just a few months ago and am thoroughly addicted. I spend as much time reading forums and articles about the game as I do playing it. I came to the forums to voice my concern over the number of elves currently populating my town, and was glad to see that it's an issue others have and have voiced already.

Has anyone had any feedback or seen any comment from EA yet that explains why, with a fully upgraded cannon, we can fire 468 (12*3*13) elves per day but the game only allows for collecting 156 ((3*48)+(3*4))?

That's a 3:1 ratio of can-be-fired to can-be-collected.

How have they got their maths so abysmally wrong? And they expect people to pay ridiculous amounts for donuts to upgrade the cannon to fire a number of elves they simply don't have the provisions to collect?

I've spent far too many hours on this game over my Christmas leave period, and it's disappointing that - now I've done the maths - I'm being punished for the amount of activity I've committed to the game.

~TW

-edited for an embarrassing grammatical error; pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...
  • TheWriterer
    4 posts
    edited December 2014
    And, just because it isn't wholly clear from what I've read...

If anyone is using the Elf Home as made available through either the 2013 event or the 2014 event (if you didn't have Christmas Willie's Shack, which only having starting playing this year I did not have), can you confirm if these buildings are generating elves as well during this event?
  • Linkwick
    956 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Has anyone had any feedback or seen any comment from EA yet that explains why, with a fully upgraded cannon, we can fire 468 (12*3*13) elves per day but the game only allows for collecting 156 ((3*48 )+(3*4))?
    Haven't seen any "official" notification(s) on the issue, but the Support job I lodged (supposedly) sent the info over to the development team. Whether that actually happened or is just Support "fluff" (or whether the development team is actually in and not on holidays!!)... well, we'll just have to see.

Edit:
    And, just because it isn't wholly clear from what I've read...

If anyone is using the Elf Home as made available through either the 2013 event or the 2014 event (if you didn't have Christmas Willie's Shack, which only having starting playing this year I did not have), can you confirm if these buildings are generating elves as well during this event?
    Only the Elf Tunnel generates Elves (4 per 8hrs). The Elf Houses just give cash.
  • TheWriterer
    4 posts
    edited December 2014
    Linkwick wrote:
    Only the Elf Tunnel generates Elves (4 per 8hrs). The Elf Houses just give cash.

Thanks. Feeling a little less seen-off, but no better off by way of elf income!
  • skylarkpilot
    192 posts
    edited December 2014
    More elves Xmas day was great except I was glitched out then :(
    So far, playing all hours of the day I have only managed 6927 Bells. My level Nine cannon has fired 542 elves and takes 3hrs to be ready so I have 400 elves in jars that I can't get rid of.
    It's looking like I'll have to spend doughnuts at the end to complete this event.
    I'm enjoying this event but it is so glitchy it's unbelievable. When I log in my game staggers and is unplayable for about thirty seconds while everything settles down. I just wish I could get a glitch that works in my favour !
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.