EA Forums - Banner

Mapple Store & Springfield Falls

124Next

Replies

  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited December 2014
    Blahhh2014 wrote:
    mcduck90 wrote:
    In conclusion the Mapple Store and the Springfield Falls must stay where they are and that’s in the old files. Otherwise what’s the point?

    The point is to show some consideration for newer players. Unfortunately, some only consider themselves...*cough, cough.*

    Exactly. Surprisingly, my game plays exactly the same, regardless of who has what. If a day one player popped in and paid for everything ever released on the first day, what do I care?

    But, for those who already have many older items, you/we received them for free or virtually nothing. The newer players have to pay a premium. THIS would be what I disagree with.

    Sorry, not fond of the elitist attitude. :roll:

    I disagree. I really don't feel that name calling is appropriate here...

    For clarity, I was not name calling but describing an attitude as I perceived it. I believe that there is a difference.

    I don't feel that consideration is being given to all viewpoints. I may have a disagreement with your viewpoint for a reason that you are not aware of. My reason may be personal, but I am still being judged by my viewpoint and labeled.

    I will admit that I do not agree with the viewpoint that all past items should be available to everyone, which is the dominant view in this thread. No matter what reasons I have for my view, I am automatically labeled as elitist, a snob, a bad person and numerous other things that have been posted in this thread.

    Opposing viewpoints are not accepted and the people with those viewpoints are judged and given labels. In the end, they are shamed and may not post on the boards again. The person (not me, I mean our example person) may have some great things to add to other topics. This person may have some super creative things in their SF. This person may end up as a long time valuable contributor to the board. They may never do these things because they have been given an attitude that they did not have or called a name and may say "these people are (insert name here), I am not posting again".

    I will agree that I would love to see most everything available to everyone who wants to have them. I would also love to see a limited edition "event prize" that is only available to people who played that event, such as the snake with the football helmet or an NPC like the wandering egg dude from Easter. Something small that long timers can take pride in for participating in that event. I would like to see big items like Mapple Store or Springfield offered for all but let a few smaller items be available only during the event.

    Thank you for letting me get this off of my chest. I appreciate your time :-)
  • barryriddl474
    4854 posts Member
    edited December 2014

    Thank you for letting me get this off of my chest. I appreciate your time :-)

    tumblr_n8a6s7lofb1sr7oyro1_500.gif
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited December 2014
    ... Never mind :-)
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2014
    suetopia wrote:
    This is a video game. It is not a rare book or collectors item. I worked extremely hard to get Sharry Bobbins, but I wouldnt be upset if they brought her back for people who would like her - it makes the game more enjoyable for them, and gives people who were unable to get her during the event a chance to get her. I think that is a good thing. Making gameplay enjoyable for everyone is important.

    I want this to be over. I have my opinion I've posted it and I’m not going to change it. You can disagree but persistence to try and overturn my every comment will not change it. There is no right or wrong answer here for me as both have merits but I choose the least popular one. Also I didn’t say all items I said that certain ones should stay unreleased, again according to my opinion.

    As for what is the connection with the collections we have in real life it’s simply put in order to show that people hold certain opinions because of how they perceive similar experiences which obviously have nothing to do directly to this game.

    Finally a sidenote to lauriegator comments. Yes, this is a game and you can play it as you like but my comments will not influence EA to change their policy on how they re-release decorations, buildings and characters. I like certain styles of gaming and dislike others but that has no impact on my neighbours usually. As for the naming calling, I don’t believe that we reached that point but if I want to be honest, I felt like I was slightly bullied at some point. After all, that’s why I don’t usually post as much as others in the forums. I find it pointless to argue on why I have that kind of opinion on subject A or B. It’s time, mind and soul-consuming for no worthwhile reason.
  • Blahhh2014
    19 posts
    edited December 2014
    I don't think old items should be re-released for new players. It's a bummer that we missed out on some items, I'm a day one player that had my game get erased I lost SFF the Mapple store and the worst of all Barney and the Bowelerama that was given out the first xmas event in TSTO history. I was irate but these things were released for a short period and it lets you know who the senior players are. If we all got everything we wanted in life what fun would that be.

    Senior players? To be honest, I don't judge a player based on how long they've been playing. To me, a player who has been playing longer isn't always a better player/neighbor/person/forum member/athlete/cook.

    For those of you who think you sit above the rest, enjoy the air up there :mrgreen:

    It smells kinda stale to me...Lol
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    mcduck90 wrote:
    suetopia wrote:
    This is a video game. It is not a rare book or collectors item. I worked extremely hard to get Sharry Bobbins, but I wouldnt be upset if they brought her back for people who would like her - it makes the game more enjoyable for them, and gives people who were unable to get her during the event a chance to get her. I think that is a good thing. Making gameplay enjoyable for everyone is important.

    I want this to be over. I have my opinion I've posted it and I’m not going to change it. You can disagree but persistence to try and overturn my every comment will not change it. There is no right or wrong answer here for me as both have merits but I choose the least popular one. Also I didn’t say all items I said that certain ones should stay unreleased, again according to my opinion.

    As for what is the connection with the collections we have in real life it’s simply put in order to show that people hold certain opinions because of how they perceive similar experiences which obviously have nothing to do directly to this game.

    Finally a sidenote to lauriegator comments. Yes, this is a game and you can play it as you like but my comments will not influence EA to change their policy on how they re-release decorations, buildings and characters. I like certain styles of gaming and dislike others but that has no impact on my neighbours usually. As for the naming calling, I don’t believe that we reached that point but if I want to be honest, I felt like I was slightly bullied at some point. After all, that’s why I don’t usually post as much as others in the forums. I find it pointless to argue on why I have that kind of opinion on subject A or B. It’s time, mind and soul-consuming for no worthwhile reason.

    I wasn't trying to overturn or change yours or anyone's opinion. I was just simply stating mine. Nor am I judging or labeling anyone. Just putting in my thoughts on the matter.
  • barryriddl474
    4854 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Blahhh2014 wrote:
    I don't think old items should be re-released for new players. It's a bummer that we missed out on some items, I'm a day one player that had my game get erased I lost SFF the Mapple store and the worst of all Barney and the Bowelerama that was given out the first xmas event in TSTO history. I was irate but these things were released for a short period and it lets you know who the senior players are. If we all got everything we wanted in life what fun would that be.

    Senior players? To be honest, I don't judge a player based on how long they've been playing. To me, a player who has been playing longer isn't always a better player/neighbor/person/forum member/athlete/cook.

    For those of you who think you sit above the rest, enjoy the air up there :mrgreen:

    It smells kinda stale to me...Lol

    You should get what this guy has :mrgreen:

    848b.jpg
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    You're all wrong. My opinion is the only one that matters. :mrgreen:
  • suetopia
    4231 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    You're all wrong. My opinion is the only one that matters. :mrgreen:

    LOL!!! :mrgreen:
  • barryriddl474
    4854 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    You're all wrong. My opinion is the only one that matters. :mrgreen:

    tumblr_nfdr68pDcM1s7zh0po5_400.gif
  • joeKrollo
    65 posts
    edited January 2015
    QUESTION: For those of you who had the Cool Brown House since its original release, do you really need the extra money after playing for all of these years?

    Not really... lol. Been playing since this game started (kinda, since it was re-released he same year it launched). I have the "cool brown house", Mapple Store, ect... ect... ect... Losing some $$ doesn't really matter at this point, I just want the game to stay interesting/relevant.

    But let me give some perspective folks: As a few of us (long time players) have done, I took a break from the game and came back. I missed out on tons of cool stuff, which some of you think is lame. I doubt I will ever get the chance to get the stonecutters ever again, let alone play the entire storyline. It happens.

    Everyone should have a chance to pick up what they may have missed though. To not offer that is simply unfair to the people who collect items. Be it that... it may take a few years for something to come back around, but doesn't that just give each of us more of a reason to stay playing that game?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.