EA Forums - Banner

Elf Bottler almost worthless, and what else are you tapping??

I find the elf zapper unreliable as well. Some elves simply refused to be zapped, and to add insult to injury, they'd moon me all the while... I stopped using the zapper and went back to sweeping my town in Move mode with all except the characters grayed out which makes finding elves really easy.

Replies

• Lottie089
    375 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    There's a thread about the zapper you might find useful. I tried to get the URL for you but I can't seem to be able to do that on my phone so I bumped it for you.

As far as tapping the wrong things, my eye goes to smaller things but since the elves float I can easily tell the difference.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Lottie089 wrote:
    There's a thread about the zapper you might find useful. I tried to get the URL for you but I can't seem to be able to do that on my phone so I bumped it for you.

As far as tapping the wrong things, my eye goes to smaller things but since the elves float I can easily tell the difference.

Thank you. I have seen the thread (but honestly have not read through the whole thing).

I figured that for one thing, I was not asking for assistance with the feature as the other thread title implies, and I had that second topic in mind, so I did not feel a new thread was out of order...
  • vic147
    615 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Yes the zapper tends to fail, I have to pass 2 or 3 times on some elves.

Every time I look at Lissa on the walk beam I confuse her as an elve.
    Also professor Frink when he is testing his flying saucer.

They gave me a good laugh every time.

Edit spelling
  • barryriddl474
    4816 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    1. I find that if I "aim" the "lightning" streaks at the elf, I have much better success.

2. My zapper is attracted to the multiplying bunnies in my town. I usually swerve to zap them instead of the elves. :mrgreen:
  • Lottie089
    375 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Ok no problem. It seems to work well for some but not so well for others. One thing I forgot about that always fakes me out is the smoke from the Itchy and Scratchy studio. Against the snow it looks a lot like a floating elf, I lost count how many times I've tried to run the zapper over it.

Barry, that's why my rabbit is on continual mutate throughout this event. I was having the same problem in the first half with the Feds. Also during the first half I had Legs and Louie playing poker the whole time, I hope they won lots of money. :P
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I've found the zapper to be pretty functional. Weird.

The mutant rabbit gremlin is a similar green to the elves, so he confuses me sometimes.
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    1. Actually, I love the elf bottlers. I've been able to clean up on elves fairly quickly.

2. Strangely, I keep mistaking Kang for an elf because sometimes he is mostly hidden behind a building, so I just see a little elf green lol.
  • renee2douglas
    6 posts
    edited December 2014
    How do u get the elf bottler to work when i tap n hold it does nothing?
  • Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Ralph had to be moved indoors since I kept pausing over him.

Actually, Legs and Louis got moved indoors as well since they had me convinced I still had feds in my town.
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    Ralph had to be moved indoors since I kept pausing over him.

Actually, Legs and Louis got moved indoors as well since they had me convinced I still had feds in my town.

They've been playing poker for about two weeks straight in my town... poor guys haven't even been eating or seen the light of day. :lol:
  • barryriddl474
    4816 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    How do u get the elf bottler to work when i tap n hold it does nothing?

Welcome to the forum! See if this thread helps:
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10259047.page
  • SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited December 2014
    I actually like the zapper...makes clearing elves quicker and more efficient.
    I keep zapping the **** and the frog prince by mistake.
  • Ecl3t1c
    63 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Instead of the bottler, I make the buildings and scenery transparent then tap the elves.
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    The zapper work fine for me but I seem to prefer bottling them.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!