EA Forums - Banner

Most Unnecessary Prize Ever

Replies

• mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited January 2015
    It helps find the final hard to reach elves so thumbs up from me.
  • redec69
    185 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I think it's awesome...it takes me no time at all to clear my entire town (and my town is max size). I don't even look for the elves, I just do sweeping passes over the entire town (30 secs or so to cover the entire town) and all the elves are bottled. I found the elves very painful and time consuming before (without it), but now they're super easy...it's a godsend.
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I find the zapper much more useful on my phone where it seems to cover a greater area. I can usually zap all elves with one pass, as opposed to on my tablet where I invariably manage to miss a few.
  • lg07cb218
    57 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm probably alone in this but I loved the ghost vacuum of Halloween 2013, the bunny zapper of Easter 2014, and I sure do love the elf bottler of Christmas 14-15.
    Not every prize can be some amazing character or a new building. I think the event is awesome and even though I'm not a huge npc fan I really think all of the prizes are great. Including the bottler.
  • lg07cb218
    57 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    You know, I voted useless but then I remembered the single solitary candy cane tunnel prize from phase one (and the useless holiday skins for buildings I don't own). I don't mind NPCs but I wish phase one prizes were "you choose which option you want" instead of this Old player new player divide.

I completely disagree. As an older player I got screwed over this Halloween because even though they released a few new things, I pretty much had nothing in the store to buy, where all of the newer players had all this cool new stuff. I think it's awesome that ea divided it this year. New and old
    Players got new stuff. And if they gave you a choice none of the older players would have a choice because we already had everything, again making it a bummer for those of us who have been playing for a while.

Plus it will get you excited for next years Xmas event when ea releases all the stuff you didn't get!! :)
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Pretty much every event where you catch things has a version of the zapper. I find it very useful to quickly clear my town.
  • tralfabits
    345 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I don't hate it, but it is pretty useless. I don't want to drag my finger over every square inch of my town. And even when I have done that, I didn't end up zapping every elf anyway.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    It's not completely useless but I am disappointed it's considered a "prize"
    I agree with this. It shouldn't have been a prize. It was just a place holder if anything.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • HerrTriggerrz
    166 posts
    edited January 2015
    Marge Tetherball , holds my contempt for the content added in 2014 , that was so obscure, and wasteful to all parties involved. It made the Pastel Easter fences feel like gold by comparison
  • 4junk3000
    6080 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Marge Tetherball , holds my contempt for the content added in 2014 , that was so obscure, and wasteful to all parties involved. It made the Pastel Easter fences feel like gold by comparison

Aw I love the pastel fences! I wish I had enough to do the whole perimeter of a yard! Those clumps of eggs were the booby prize of that unmentionable event imho.

Hey! You just gave me an idea for an off topic game! I'm going to make the thread! It should be fun!
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited January 2015
    I don't "love" the elf zapper prize; but, it's objectively not the most useless prizes ever. We have a prize like that nearly every event. Ghost bombs from Halloween 2013 were more useless, IMO.
    That wasn't an obscure prize, IMO. It's not an easy to place prize; but, I recognized the statue from the episode.
  • skylarkpilot
    192 posts
    edited January 2015
    The Elf bottler just doesn't work that well. I have had it zapping away merrily over the top of elves and whilst it catches some others seem pretty much immune. For finding the tricky ones that like to hide I simply go to 'moving stuff' mode and switch off buildings and decorations. Then it's like an X-ray and all the characters, including elves, show up just fine.
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I had won the second personal prize the Elf Cannon Control Building. It is used for upgrading your cannon to a max level of 20 when using the currency called cogwheels and you can buy them from the store or tap on the elf's to get it.

I had also won the third personal prize which is the Elf Bottler and I think that it is the most useless prize and item in this actual update because if you do have a big town like mine the elf's are spread out and not cluttered in one area so it would be easier just to tap them.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited January 2015
    I wouldn't care if it worked absolutely perfectly. I don't believe items like this (or ghost vacuum, or bunny zapper) should be prizes. Just make them something you can earn through a separate quest line and make prizes actual things you can keep when the event is over.
  • 4junk3000
    6080 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    jraffa50 wrote:
    I wouldn't care if it worked absolutely perfectly. I don't believe items like this (or ghost vacuum, or bunny zapper) should be prizes. Just make them something you can earn through a separate quest line and make prizes actual things you can keep when the event is over.

Well they didn't have to give it to us. There was no zapper for whacking day with the snakes. You tapped them all. So for people who APPRECIATE THE LITTLE THINGS, it IS a useful prize. Perhaps you are not one who thinks like us. Too bad.

Anything that doesn't cost donuts is welcome by me.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I can't vote if you don't include my option: Not totally useless but not the most amazing thing to ever come to the game.

It has its purpose. And most times, at least for me, fulfills it.
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited January 2015
    I wish they would have just given it to us in the beginning of the event to use, but I don't completely hate it. I do use it from time to time but it seems easier just to tap the elves.
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Anything that doesn't cost donuts is welcome by me.

This is pretty much how I feel about it too.
  • jbw431
    56 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    It would have been more cool if it would fly around your town auto-bottling elves, much like the elves gathered presents last Christmas. That would have been ironically funny. Missed opportunities abound, unfortunately.
    One on getter for the clickity clack please
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    The Elf Ralph skin is the only worthwhile prize in this second phase, imo. Many of my neighbors seemed to have given up this phase of the event. :(
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited January 2015
    I don't hate it, but I don't find it very helpful. Because its range is so limited, I end up having to touch every square centimeter of my town to clear it by using the Bottler. It's much easier to clear what I can, then go into "move" mode and turn off everything but the characters.

It would be much better if we could level it up to have better range. Or add on something else. Like last Christmas we could have the Elves from the Elf Houses go find any hidden packages. Of course, that was kind of a pain at the time because we were keeping track of packages to return the favor (I LOVED the unlimited Feds!). But it was good to know that at least once a day you'd get everything cleared.

Most unnecessary prize, though? I've got miles and miles of Easter fencing that I would gladly burn with *HOLY FIRE* if I could only find a way...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.