EA Forums - Banner

Need more elves released per hour

Replies

• JMPpierwszy
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm not worried about the bells, but I see no way I can collect enough cogwheels to max the cannon level... In fact with the current rate of cogwheel drops I'd probably manage to get it to level 16 maybe. Observing my neighbor's towns, they seem to be at similar cannon levels - is it some miscalculation on EA side? Buying missing cogwheels for donuts would require such massive amount po cash spent, that I doubt they count on anybody trying it.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm not worried about the bells, but I see no way I can collect enough cogwheels to max the cannon level... In fact with the current rate of cogwheel drops I'd probably manage to get it to level 16 maybe. Observing my neighbor's towns, they seem to be at similar cannon levels - is it some miscalculation on EA side? Buying missing cogwheels for donuts would require such massive amount po cash spent, that I doubt they count on anybody trying it.
    I think the third stage was meant to be for premium players only. Though I don't see why anyone would pay a thousand donuts for a reskin of a cannon. :roll:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • eldinmeow
    38 posts
    edited January 2015
    In the time between cool down periods, I received a whole 12 elves... Really EA? Something is up... Nice thing Apple refunded my $$$ from the Gill boatload f-up. No more $$$ for them. Hit em where it counts!
  • 4junk3000
    5539 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I always have over 300 elves on reserve. Looking forward to upgrading ande getting more in the air!
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • JMPpierwszy
    16 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    BTW: buying cogwheels is completely useless. Just upgraded cannon to level 12 - upgrade to 13 requires 400 cogwheels, which you can buy for 800 donuts. Or you can pay 400 donuts to directly upgrade the cannon from level 12 to 13...
  • jukebox752
    19 posts
    edited January 2015
    It would cost around $300 to upgrade to the max cannon level from around level 13, EA is either seriously greedy or trying to end the game.. they need to stop the leveling @ 15, that's reasonable..
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    jukebox752 wrote:
    It would cost around $300 to upgrade to the max cannon level from around level 13, EA is either seriously greedy or trying to end the game.. they need to stop the leveling @ 15, that's reasonable..

I think EA just miscalculated the number of cogwheels a player would be able to get. If they were greedy, they would have set it up so that players would be able to almost get to Level 20 but not quite be able to make it without spending a more reasonable amount of donuts. I can't imagine any but a tiny tiny fraction of overall players being willing to spend as much money as it will take to get a slightly different looking cannon.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • jukebox752
    19 posts
    edited January 2015
    Also, $100 should last a player like 6 months or more of premium playing, not 2.. also, why would they present the smashed wheel only to devastate us w/ this cannon nonsense? Furthermore, Where's the Mapple Store & Springfield Falls? If they made premium playing more affordable, guess what? More people would join
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    jukebox752 wrote:
    Also, $100 should last a player like 6 months or more of premium playing, not 2.. also, why would they present the smashed wheel only to devastate us w/ this cannon nonsense? Furthermore, Where's the Mapple Store & Springfield Falls? If they made premium playing more affordable, guess what? More people would join

Is it really devastating to end up with a cannon that isn't Level 20? Who really cares? I couldn't tell you what levels my castles or **** characters ended up at, nor do I care to check what levels my neighbors got to. In the long run, it's totally irrelevant.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • jukebox752
    19 posts
    edited January 2015
    & going back to the elves, I calculated 1 elf every 10 min. if that helps anybody, (after a couple hours or so the number in your town stops of course around 10-15/20) well I care.. I prefer gold over silver anyday.. lol, it's the principle here..
  • jukebox752
    19 posts
    edited January 2015
    Our only hope is if they fix it in level 49.. & btw, y does the Matt character talk about beard pulling? He is wearing a gotee not a beard, sooooo over the 2009 hipster beard nonsense
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    teo47 wrote:
    jukebox752 wrote:

I think EA just miscalculated the number of cogwheels a player would be able to get. If they were greedy, they would have set it up so that players would be able to almost get to Level 20 but not quite be able to make it without spending a more reasonable amount of donuts. I can't imagine any but a tiny tiny fraction of overall players being willing to spend as much money as it will take to get a slightly different looking cannon.

I agree they flubbed the calculation on the cogs. They must have based it on the starting rate of 12 elves/hr and not the 6/hr drop rate.

About 5% of my neighbors have a gold cannon and one cannon is even at lvl 50. IMO no one who actually pays for their donuts will reach lvl 20.
  • jukebox752
    19 posts
    edited January 2015
    Yes, cheaters should b automatically removed.. so many of them.. mayb that is y this is going on, to catch them..
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    teo47 wrote:
    jukebox752 wrote:

I agree they flubbed the calculation on the cogs. They must have based it on the starting rate of 12 elves/hr and not the 6/hr drop rate.

About 5% of my neighbors have a gold cannon and one cannon is even at lvl 50. IMO no one who actually pays for their donuts will reach lvl 20.

I had NO idea the cannon reached a lvl 50!!! Sheesh. I asked once before how a neighbor could always be like 1000X more than me and most others on these things. EA saw it fit to 'remove' my question after a day (!?!?!?!) not sure why. I did take the time to go and 'count' the extras on the neighbors town and it was substantial, which explained why, but when I went to reply my 'question' had been deleted!

Back to this issue.

I have two accounts, on two separate devices. Both are level 48. One, my main, and first one, is on an iPad3 which I started in April or May 2012. clooless2000. I have maxed out about everything, and spent a few hundred dollars on donuts over the almost 3 years.

The other account is on a S4, level 48, began playing Oct 2013. I have never bought any donuts, and it is apparent. The town has no frills, and other than one character I bought from the 'free donuts' I accrued, is basic.

I play both games, the same amount of time, and usually simultaneously. Initially, I was ahead on the main iPad3 account, regarding elves. I had a big problem getting the mass elf bottler thing to work on the iPad3. The S4 it worked GREAT. I can and could scan the entire town on the S4 in a few minutes and garner 30-45 elves. On the ipad3, it now functions, but I scanned and scanned and scanned the other night, and after 5 hours only got 1 set of cogs!!!!

The same issue with the elves!!! I scan both with the elf bottler ap, and on the S4 I get 30-50 elves. On the ipad3 I get maybe 10-20!!! WTH???? I have now surpassed the level on my cannon on the S4, as well as have 190 or so elves in waiting; on the ipad3 I have a few elves, and have to reap elves to even fire the cannon!!!!

I also visit my friends towns and it is a hit and miss, and seems a HUGE waste of an hour when many towns only give 1 bell an item, 2-3 bells for the cannon and elf tunnel!!!! This is ridiculous and I cannot see getting the 4000-6000 bells needed to complete the prizes.

Anyone else having a huge disparity in the elf counts?
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    jukebox752 wrote:
    Yes, cheaters should b automatically removed.. so many of them.. mayb that is y this is going on, to catch them..

I have NO idea how anyone could cheat on an online game. I dont see WHY anyone would want to. Seems ridiculous to have to cheat. Is their life so miserable they feel compelled to cheat? Seriously?

I just figured was someone really rich, and buying boatloads of donuts. Some rich kid.

Color me naive and having integrity I guess.
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I have spent hundreds of dollars buying donuts, and several hours reading and responding on this forum. I spent time and effort posting comments as well as asking questions.

I find several of my comments and questions have been totally deleted, as if I never asked them. Why? I broke no rules, and wish to know who deleted my posts and why.

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9859748.page

"Any discussion of hacking or accusations of hacking are not allowed, and will be removed."
  • steviebwell
    163 posts
    edited January 2015
    At the rate that my elves are spawning I won't be able to get the last prize. Before I got my cannon to level 10 it seemed that even after firing my cannon I still had 100+ elves in the bank. Now I am lucky if I get enough elves to fire it every 5 hours. I have visited my friends everyday since the event started except maybe 2 days due to the holidays and don't see how the last prize will be reachable without spending money.
  • clooless2000
    117 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    At the rate that my elves are spawning I won't be able to get the last prize. Before I got my cannon to level 10 it seemed that even after firing my cannon I still had 100+ elves in the bank. Now I am lucky if I get enough elves to fire it every 5 hours. I have visited my friends everyday since the event started except maybe 2 days due to the holidays and don't see how the last prize will be reachable without spending money.

I am confused on several aspects of this event. On two different devices, using a different OS on each, both seemingly accruing elves at differing rates, as well as disbursing cogs from the elves at grossly disproportionate levels!!!

I tried for over 5 hours the other day to get cogs, and in all that time (was not constantly playing the 5 hours, was time lapsed), I only got 1 elf who gave 2 cogs!! On the android S4 1/2 to 2/3 of the elves give cogs when bottled.

Whats up with that?
  • steviebwell
    163 posts
    edited January 2015

I am confused on several aspects of this event. On two different devices, using a different OS on each, both seemingly accruing elves at differing rates, as well as disbursing cogs from the elves at grossly disproportionate levels!!!

I tried for over 5 hours the other day to get cogs, and in all that time (was not constantly playing the 5 hours, was time lapsed), I only got 1 elf who gave 2 cogs!! On the android S4 1/2 to 2/3 of the elves give cogs when bottled.

Whats up with that?

I was wondering the same thing about different devices. I play on my iPhone 5S and iPad Mini. To me the spawn rate of elves on the iPad seem to be lower then the iPhone. As far as the cogs go the ratio seems about the same on both based on the number of elves I am getting.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.