EA Forums - Banner

Do u think we will get an extension

Prev1
beeson1987 wrote:
Theres been a lot of downtime during the Xmas event. I've not been able to get on to the game on 3 days, Xmas day,Boxing Day and New Years day. So lost out on 3 days bells. So I'm hoping for an extension. I'm currently at 12790 with 10 days remaining.

Looking at the timer I doubt it. :)

Replies

  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    beeson1987 wrote:
    Theres been a lot of downtime during the Xmas event. I've not been able to get on to the game on 3 days, Xmas day,Boxing Day and New Years day. So lost out on 3 days bells. So I'm hoping for an extension. I'm currently at 12790 with 10 days remaining.

    I'm just 800 bells away from Ralph's skin and when I get it, I'll take it easy the rest of the way. This phase has been a grind compared to the first phase-- I keep running out of elves to shoot from the cannon. :lol: It won't bother me, personally, if I miss out on the last two prizes.
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm a few hundred bells from the caboose, then about 5000 from the island.
    I too am fighting with lack of elves. Just remember when visiting neighbors to try to click on the cannon or elves door you get double the number of bells.

    I think it's going to be a close finish.
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited January 2015
    With the direction that these past couple events have been going, I doubt EA will give us an extension. After 2 and a half years, EA has *finally* mastered the formula to keep players occupied every day of the week/month. EA probably has something lined up for us after Christmas and then it's straight to a prolonged Valentine's.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I hope they do give us an extension. Mostly for selfish reasons: I'm behind due to a vacation without internet.

    But it would be nice.
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    If they extend it I think jan 18 will be the latest day, the counter does say 14 days left
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I hope they don't extend it. I really want the snow gone so i can design again.
  • tgyberg70
    250 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    I hope they do give us an extension. Mostly for selfish reasons: I'm behind due to a vacation without internet.

    But it would be nice.

    Without internet? That's no vacation! :D :P
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Wijsheid wrote:
    I hope they don't extend it. I really want the snow gone so i can design again.

    But the event itself doesn't end until the 18th anyway. Snow will stay until then. So it would make absolutely no difference if they extend the final-prize deadline (currently January 13th) to match the event end date, other than allow people who got screwed several days by server issues, who would have time to make up for it.

    Btw, i'm looking forward to our green Springfields again, for sure!
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    9BCFPTJ.jpg
  • Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I hope they do out of consideration for people who they know where locked out for days during this phase.
    I'm on track still- barely, but if I was behind I would be super upset if it ended on time knowing we were locked out.
    Ea has shown very little consideration for its gamers during this event so far- it would probably go a long way with the ****, behind people to extend it, as much as some people don't need it...... It's like that saying- the heard is only as fast as its slowest member- to not alienate the people who had serious issues this event some of us may have to pause for a sec.

    That said- ea hasn't done an event extension for a while, because it hasn't been necissarry for people to complete the event
    so they may or may not since it hasn't been their way lately
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm curious. If the thread title said "Do you think we should be able to collect bells until the event ends?" would you say no?
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Wijsheid wrote:
    I hope they don't extend it. I really want the snow gone so i can design again.

    But the event itself doesn't end until the 18th anyway. Snow will stay until then. So it would make absolutely no difference if they extend the final-prize deadline (currently January 13th) to match the event end date, other than allow people who got screwed several days by server issues, who would have time to make up for it.

    Btw, i'm looking forward to our green Springfields again, for sure!

    Oh, well yes that is a different matter, extending it until the final date of the event self is beneficial. But the reason i don't think there is an extension is because those days after the prizes end will be used to sell those prizes against donuts
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I hope they extend the bell collection date until the event end date, it seems a bit silly and arbitrary to end bell collection 5 days before the end of the event, especially with the server problems that have popped up.

    I hope they don't extend the event beyond the 18th...I am ready for the snow to be gone, as there are a few areas of my town I want to redecorate with flowers/shrubs/trees. It's tough to do this with the snow as I forget which type of flower and tree is which when they're all covered in snow or don't have any leaves or flowers visible!
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Wijsheid wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:
    I hope they don't extend it. I really want the snow gone so i can design again.

    But the event itself doesn't end until the 18th anyway. Snow will stay until then. So it would make absolutely no difference if they extend the final-prize deadline (currently January 13th) to match the event end date, other than allow people who got screwed several days by server issues, who would have time to make up for it.

    Btw, i'm looking forward to our green Springfields again, for sure!

    Oh, well yes that is a different matter, extending it until the final date of the event self is beneficial. But the reason i don't think there is an extension is because those days after the prizes end will be used to sell those prizes against donuts

    That would be beneficial from a business sense. :(
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    If your close when it ends, go into your phone settings to turn off automatic update. You MAYBE be able to collect the last few bells before you download the update.
  • HQmer
    81 posts
    edited January 2015
    We are already 350ish days past the listed end date for this event.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited January 2015
    Wijsheid wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:
    I hope they don't extend it. I really want the snow gone so i can design again.

    But the event itself doesn't end until the 18th anyway. Snow will stay until then. So it would make absolutely no difference if they extend the final-prize deadline (currently January 13th) to match the event end date, other than allow people who got screwed several days by server issues, who would have time to make up for it.

    Btw, i'm looking forward to our green Springfields again, for sure!

    Oh, well yes that is a different matter, extending it until the final date of the event self is beneficial. But the reason i don't think there is an extension is because those days after the prizes end will be used to sell those prizes against donuts

    That would be beneficial from a business sense. :(

    Yes. Anyone that really wants the island will play until shortly befores the event ends and then buy some donuts to make up the difference. Anyone really hacked off by this will either be Freemium so they don't count on EAs bottom line or have quit through frustration so they don't matter as they've gone.

    I've played EAs FIFA football (soccer to anyone outside Europe and South America :wink: ) game for years and that is buggy as hell this year and they are only fixing the part of the game that generates extra cash for them.

    Money is all that matters really.

  • barszap785
    454 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    HQmer wrote:
    We are already 350ish days past the listed end date for this event.

    That's funny. I didn't notice that it says "Event ends on January 13th, 2014. Can you collect enough Elf Bells in time?"

    It looks like we are all in trouble.
  • wildminion
    552 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Maybe if they increase the number of elves generated it would go some way to helping those of us who were locked out a lot during the event?

    Just a thought.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited January 2015
    Well apparently the event ends the 18th but the prizes end the 13th... Not sure if that was a mistake on their part but since the event is not technically ending until the 18th they could extend the prize earning time for any amount of days in that time frame. I honestly do think they will extend it by a few days because of all the server issues. But for any of those looking to get rid of snow, the snow is not ending until Jan 30th.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.