EA Forums - Banner

Mythbusters season premiere

2Next

Replies

• efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    It'd be more interesting if they did the Springfield Gorge on a skateboard.

I have to wonder if they haven't tested this yet due to legal issues regarding getting the rights to the film clip...it is right up their alley and they have done cartoon myths before.
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I Doubt we will get them as characters since we have yet to get one real life celebrity as a playable character

MatT goening doesn't count
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    Haha, I've always loved Mythbusters, but if they have to resort to testing cartoon physics, it's pretty clear they've ran out of ideas.
    They've tested Looney Toons guns before. (The bent rifle actually worked to a certain extent, it was surprising.)
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    Haha, I've always loved Mythbusters, but if they have to resort to testing cartoon physics, it's pretty clear they've ran out of ideas.
    They've tested Looney Toons guns before. (The bent rifle actually worked to a certain extent, it was surprising.)

Bent rifle wasn't Looney Toons, it had origins in a real life World War 2 German rifle but the story around it got twisted over the years into something else...they were testing the story and came out with something completely new

They did test the "elephants are scared of mice" which has been a longtime cartoon joke so they are definitely guilty there :mrgreen:

And while it might be cartoonish, they actually have a good reasoning to do the Springfield Gorge Jump since The Simpsons based their idea off real life daredevils so it'd be truth imitating fiction imitating real life! :lol:
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    moxxee wrote:
    “And then there’s one [from season five’s “Sideshow Bob Roberts] in which Homer’s house is about to be destroyed by a wrecking ball and Homer places his body between the wrecking ball and the house to keep it from being destroyed.”

Sideshow Bob Roberts is from The Simpsons' sixth season.
  • moxxee
    7697 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Bump/reminder...

I'm looking forward to the show tomorrow. Should be entertaining at least.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Bump
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for posting the trailer, moxxee. :) That was fun to see that they're making a Homer! I love Mythbusters, and believe it or not, also the Simpsons! lol Can't wait to see this episode.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I was hoping we would get an appearance by Matt Groening on the show but instead Al Jean was on Mythbusters, representing the show and offering up some rationalization and reasoning from the writing staff's perspective since he wasn't involved directly with either of the episodes that are being featured. Plus Al was in some transitional sight gags :lol:
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Just finished watching the episode. Fun stuff. Homer's *ss really could have saved his house from a 5,000 wrecking ball. I just KNEW the Simpsons were real. :lol:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    HisWrath wrote:
    Just finished watching the episode. Fun stuff. Homer's *ss really could have saved his house from a 5,000 wrecking ball. I just KNEW the Simpsons were real. :lol:

It wouldn't be the first time his big behind has saved the day! :lol::mrgreen:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I can't believe the real life results of the cherry bomb were actually more dramatic than the cartoon :shock:
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    I can't believe the real life results of the cherry bomb were actually more dramatic than the cartoon :shock:
    Indeed. I was hoping they could mimic the episode but it was pretty awesome blowing those toilets to smithereens. That would be such a fun show to work on.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:

The toilets weren't strong enough to meet Springfield standards...or so Al Jean claims :mrgreen:

The must need super strong toilets to combat all the horrible Krustyburgers and Lunchlady Dora's food :shock: :lol:
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    dvr'd it to watch l8r today, happy tappin.
  • organik_mystery
    33 posts
    edited January 2015
    efin98 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

The toilets weren't strong enough to meet Springfield standards...or so Al Jean claims :mrgreen:

The must need super strong toilets to combat all the horrible Krustyburgers and Lunchlady Dora's food :shock: :lol:
    Lunchlady Dora... the explorer?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.