EA Forums - Banner

Snowmen a waste of money/donuts?

Prev1
Like a lot of the seasonal premium stuff, they're cute but not essential, IMO.

Replies

• Ransom1337
    74 posts
    edited January 2013
    Personally I won't be wasting my donuts on them. I'm only really interested in items that make sense all year round.
  • ISWThunder
    29 posts
    edited January 2013
    Obviously, they won't look good when the snow is gone.

But I think that's one of the good things about the seasonal items. Like real decorations, you put them out during certain times of the year and put them away during others. It adds another dimension to the town because it isn't static but you don't have to rearrange your town to change things up.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited January 2013
    I got them :( think they look cool and mine are staying up all year round :D
  • Thecure668
    252 posts
    edited January 2013
    I wouldn't actually spend money on it, but the Bart snowman could possibly look alright when the snow is gone. That last little bit of snow.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I was a little excited having 800 donuts burning a hole in my pocket and bought them right away. I am also a sucker for limited time items, but if I would have had a smaller amount of donuts, I wouldn't have bought them.

• coffret_do
    144 posts
    edited January 2013
    I am still deciding, they are quite expensive. I do like bart snowman, so I might just get him and not homer.
  • pbpandapuffs
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I love 'em! I'm a sucker for all the classic episode stuff.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited January 2013

Me, too!

I'm so happy with this update. I got everything I was planning for (except Kamp Krusty but I'm so giddy right now that I don't care lol).

It's going to amuse me for a long time seeing snowmen in the green grass.
  • gloryhorn87
    154 posts
    edited January 2013
    Guarantee all level 25 players will buy them because the wait for the update will be too much and will think I have got nothing else to buy. I definitely wont be buying the doughnut ones though.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I got them too, I like them....
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited January 2013
    I've got them and I've already decided that once the snow melts I'm going to tell myself they're marble statues.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6292 posts Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I got them as well.

Honestly if you don't like them/don't want them. Then just don't get them. It's that easy
  • GKpiggy
    148 posts
    edited January 2013
    They'll look BETTER when snow is gone, can barely see them now. I put mine (non-donut ones, not buying those) on pavement just so I could admire them better.
  • gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Nobody seemed to see these coming in the RAW files?
  • ChuckElston
    60 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I certainly have "money" to burn, but I don't think I'll even buy the ones that don't cost donuts. That's how little I care for them.
  • CaptReynolds
    59 posts
    edited January 2013

Me too... Whoo hoo... :D
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited January 2013

A lot of players have regretted in the past not getting some of the seasonal items, because you may find a use for them later. But once they are gone, then they are gone. I got the non-donut statues. If I don't like them later, I can always add to inventory.
  • CaptReynolds
    59 posts
    edited January 2013
    panfapuffs wrote:
    I love 'em! I'm a sucker for all the classic episode stuff.

Took the words right out of my mouth... :D
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited January 2013
    I got them too bcuz i want to use 1 of each simpson in my santas village design once i work it out i think its rlly cool having decorations to match the christmas themed building
  • waltercartman
    677 posts
    edited January 2013
    I picked them up and love them.

Sure they will be worthless when snow is gone but who knows how long the snow will be here.

Mr plow is much more of a rip off. 90 for a outfit... Ouch!

I'll still end up getting it lol.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!