EA Forums - Banner

Free small islands

Replies

• bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    thirdeye69 wrote:
    LOL. EA is the ultimate troll.

Just a few days ago people were willingly giving EA money to buy donuts to get these islands. Than EA turns around and gives them away for free. Hahahahahahaha.

And yet some people won't learn and will keep feeding EA their money.

Yea real hilarious

No doubt. I bought the donuts as well, mainly because of the limited time listing when they were first released. I am ****, and feel like it is yet another example of horrible communication from EA. I think this is ridiculous!
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    bradyc79 wrote:
    thirdeye69 wrote:
    LOL. EA is the ultimate troll.

Just a few days ago people were willingly giving EA money to buy donuts to get these islands. Than EA turns around and gives them away for free. Hahahahahahaha.

And yet some people won't learn and will keep feeding EA their money.

Yea real hilarious

No doubt. I bought the donuts as well, mainly because of the limited time listing when they were first released. I am ****, and feel like it is yet another example of horrible communication from EA. I think this is ridiculous!

Time to hit the streets and protest. :wink:
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Quite a nice gift, as I didn't want to spend donuts on them. I wish we could place these islands further away from Squidport.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    cdepast wrote:
    dont forget - there is precedent to this. The free reindeer Christmas 13, the wailing wall Halloween 13, Christmas tree 14, Reduced cost Santa Village 14.

free box of fireworks as well

But these were all released MONTHS later. It's not the same thing... at all.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    drumnman wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    cdepast wrote:
    dont forget - there is precedent to this. The free reindeer Christmas 13, the wailing wall Halloween 13, Christmas tree 14, Reduced cost Santa Village 14.

Not with the reindeer and wall. Both were in the store at the start of the event, and then given away on the day of the holiday.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    drumnman wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    cdepast wrote:

Not with the reindeer and wall. Both were in the store at the start of the event, and then given away on the day of the holiday.

Hmmm... I don't recall the reindeer for sale during Christmas 2013, only the free one on Christmas Day. Even still, that was a holiday gift only given to those who logged in on a specific day, and is not quite the same apples here where every player is freely given these the day after they go off sale.

Listen, I didn't buy them and I'm happy to have received them for free, but I'd be incensed had I dropped 120 donuts on these "limited" items.
  • SquirrelLadd
    1667 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I love that we have been given the islands.....but i would be upset if i had spent donuts on them. I liked them, but decided to only buy the island for money and save my don uts. Im glad i did..but i feel sorry for anyone who spent donuts.
  • walkowalsk619
    13 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    DUDES! The craziest thing just happened. I too purchased the two small islands for 120 donuts a few days ago. I just had a nice chat session with EA. Without any hesitation EA refunded me my 120 donuts!!
    So for all the negative talk sometimes found in this forum, I gotta say, EA stepped up here. Hard to call them greedy now.

By the way, this is my first time posting in this forum. Been playing this game for a little under a year and been reading the forum for the last few months. This forum makes the game more fun, thanks for the entertainment everyone.
  • djcenturio629
    101 posts
    edited January 2015
    DUDES! The craziest thing just happened. I too purchased the two small islands for 120 donuts a few days ago. I just had a nice chat session with EA. Without any hesitation EA refunded me my 120 donuts!!
    So for all the negative talk sometimes found in this forum, I gotta say, EA stepped up here. Hard to call them greedy now.

By the way, this is my first time posting in this forum. Been playing this game for a little under a year and been reading the forum for the last few months. This forum makes the game more fun, thanks for the entertainment everyone.

EA support aint esy to get hold off.

I managed to earlier but was fobbed off by an idiot.
  • djcenturio629
    101 posts
    edited January 2015

EA aint easy to get hold off.

I was unlucky I was fobbed off by an idiot on the phone.

Apologies for the double post.

:shock:
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm not complaining about the free islands but if they were a gesture to make up for the issues during the event then it would have been nice to give the tropical island to anyone who didn't get the last prize.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    orionsbell wrote:
    What it really boils down to is the fact that all the premium items are just way too expensive. Unfortunately I'm a completionist, so I'm simply compelled to spend. :roll:
    Well not that I want to tell anyone how to play, but completionism is a ridiculously unhealthy way to play and I highly advise against it, as this is just one of the many reasons so far. EA will not make this game any more fair for you going forward. I 100% guarantee that... Just being completely honest with you here.

Completionism is for people who are not concerned about money, and truly do not care what they waste it on. Other than that, it is just not a good idea, and I don't know why people do it, and then act surprised when the get shafted. Every forumite I know that has gone from a completionist, to just a casual premium player like me, has described it as a freeing and incredibly liberating experience, after they have passed on their first limited time piece of useless expensive junk.

After that, they might realize that this game no longer interests them, or they just enjoy the game, without it feeling like its a chore or burden. But sadly they have to reach rock bottom before they make that move. Every time EA does something like this, I figure there is a completionist out there somewhere, who has hit rock-bottom, and that is a good thing.
  • 4junk3000
    6360 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Once, (at band camp) friends and I happened to go to a bakery right before it closed, looking for old bread. They gave us their remaining donuts. They weren't quite as fresh, some sprinkles had fallen off. But it was a nice surprise to receive them.

We told someone later about the free donuts and they said, "What! I bought donuts there this morning, when they first made them! I can't believe they gave them to you for free! I paid for mine! I'm going there tomorrow to demand my money back!"

The next day, he went to the store and demanded a refund. And the store gave him the money. Which he then spent on other baked goods.

All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • pguittar78639
    25 posts
    edited January 2015
    If I had thousands of donuts, I wouldn't have spent them on the islands, although I bought about 50 of the others. I think it was a silly stunt, and I hope everybody that paid donuts gets them back. EA should take back the 2 extra islands too, of course. Maybe miscommunication occured between their development and implementation teams. Maybe they wanted to laugh at us a little more. I was lucky enough to get all the prizes, my log in issues weren't that bad. They should have made it the prize island for free. There wouldn't have been as much animosity created. They could have given us 2 more. Maybe give everybody 90 donuts who played the event and call it a day. That would be nice.
  • airjordanlives
    235 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    As my father used to say: "One can never own too many islands". :)

this made me laugh :mrgreen:
  • tfrnk
    60 posts New member
    edited January 2015
    I rarely post about the game content but offering something "Limited Time" for 120 doughnuts that they're just gonna give everyone for free anyhow is beyond bull. Total D move, EA....way to "reward" your loyal PAYING customers.
  • cooldaddy421
    249 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Yea it is kind of a bummer but what the hay. I to spent the donuts for them. Now I have two of them so be it.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    EA sure do like discouraging people from spending donuts

my sympathy to those who spent donuts on this

I learnt my lesson long ago
  • TheREALRAWPrAwN
    13 posts
    edited January 2015
    I opened a LIVE CHAT with an Advisor. Refund happily being processed
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I opened a LIVE CHAT with an Advisor. Refund happily being processed

Did that 3 times, no refund, dont believe you :shock:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.