EA Forums - Banner

So did anybody actually get the Golden Cannon?

Replies

• roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I got to 14. I was very close to 15, but it really made no difference so I went ahead and updated.
  • cool2006
    779 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    got to lvl 16
  • ebarber
    186 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    A silver cannon - I was half way through level 16, I think, at 3333 clogs. I updated a few hours after it was posted in the Ios appstore and after I started moving and putting away the Christmas decorations in my town. This is the first time that I updated early instead of going for the forced update, which I continue out of consideration to my neighbors that haven't finished the tasks or collected all the prizes yet, but the elves/cogs/server issues were driving me insane. Sorry, I had to update. Hopefully, with the next event, I will want to continue it until the forced update.
  • nbpinkr2010
    232 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Level 16 here - last minute before update. Even without the seemingly unending amount of downtime I never would have made it to 20. Still, I enjoy the firing of elves every so often. 8)
  • xamovo
    296 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Another level 16, top five on the charts player here.

I might have been able to get 17 if I didn't update, but it would have been close and not really worth it.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    0ReganPOOP wrote:
    I got the Gold Cannon, and it is currently sitting in my inventory :D

I wonder on witch lvl you buy donuts and howmany donuts it cist you?
    It would be for me lvl 16 around 2000 donuts i think, to mutch for sitting in the inventory.
    I would not pay even 50 donuts, not worth at all, woukd be MAYBE if there where 3 canons
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Level 16 here as well. Almost to level 17, but no real reason to upgrade.
  • pvrooden1024
    142 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I made level 16 right before the update. I actually delayed updating so i could make the level and get a few more donuts.
    I'm pretty sure EA simply miscalculated the cannon levels. With the current system nobody in his right mind would spend donuts for the last levels.
  • Khorah
    187 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    level 16 here..
    "Might" have been able to squeak out 17 with a tad more time.. but nowhere close to 20.. ah well..
  • suetopia
    4228 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Like most who have posted, level 16.
  • maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I made level 16 right before the update. I actually delayed updating so i could make the level and get a few more donuts.
    I'm pretty sure EA simply miscalculated the cannon levels. With the current system nobody in his right mind would spend donuts for the last levels.
    Well one of my neighbors spent a ton of donuts because he has a level 47 cannon :shock: level15 for me
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited January 2015
    With Glitchmus? No. I didn't even finish and get all the prizes because I could never get in. Now, If I didn't get all the prizes due to actual play then I'd be less annoyed. :evil:
  • eldinmeow
    38 posts
    edited January 2015
    Same here... Got Lvl16 on the last day.... 20 seems a stretch unless you paid w donuts or... That other word :)
  • brownhugh307
    36 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Level 16 as well with finishing a few days early and slacking off a bit at the end resulting in only 3 bonus donuts.

Not sure that they care, but...I half wonder if the Level 20 canon wasn't created as a honeypot for those acquiring donuts by non monetary means. Who the heck would spend that many donuts on a trim line?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I've had to hide a few comments in this thread. Let's be careful of certain insinuations and accusations, folks.
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited January 2015
    I hit level 16 on the last day. A few times I ran out of elves before firing my cannon three times...the elf drop wasn't enough to keep up with 3 cannon shots every 2.5 hours. I was more concerned with hitting the extra 4000 bells to earn donuts after getting the last prize. Was able to do that once.
  • Helen0725
    553 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    mjrukas79 wrote:
    I was able to upgrade my cannon to Level 22. I spent about 250 donuts upgrading cannon when I got closer to levelling up during Levels 17-22. Since I finished event about 10.5 days early, I was able to just focus on collecting cogs.

I'm sure we would all love to see a photo of your level 22 cannon :D
  • barryriddl474
    4821 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Helen0725 wrote:
    mjrukas79 wrote:
    I was able to upgrade my cannon to Level 22. I spent about 250 donuts upgrading cannon when I got closer to levelling up during Levels 17-22. Since I finished event about 10.5 days early, I was able to just focus on collecting cogs.

While I don't doubt this person has a level 22 cannon, I say **** to the fact only 250 donuts were spent. I assume that was a typo.

tumblr_myuiw9Z8dr1rpike2o1_500.gif
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Helen0725 wrote:
    mjrukas79 wrote:

While I don't doubt this person has a level 22 cannon, I say **** to the fact only 250 donuts were spent. I assume that was a typo.

tumblr_myuiw9Z8dr1rpike2o1_500.gif

Given the cost of cogs and the drop rate most experienced from the elves (and ignoring the poor spawn rate experienced by many), I'd have to say I concur.
  • jemm09285
    66 posts
    edited January 2015
    Level 21. Loving my cannon :)
    Probably rarest item ingame.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.