EA Forums - Banner

Krustyland buildings and rides

There's quite a few rides that I like in Krustyland, but I think that the Tooth Chipper is my favourite, maybe it's because I like roller coasters in real life.

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    The only reason I regularly visit KL is for Sideshow You.
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I haven't really given it much thought. I guess I'm in the crowd that only goes there for sideshow you and to collect tickets. I keep my characters in SP earning money for me. I still have some land and water to get, plus decorating. :D
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Sideshow You gives out the highest amount of tickets IMHO, but going on animation alone I'd go for the Death Drop or the Radioactive Man: The Ride.
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I don't have most of the premiums, but I can say the one I was most excited to get was the Tooth Chipper. You can see where it gets its name with those three little hills in rapid succession!
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    For me it was between the Haunted Condo and the Castle. The Viking ride and Tooth Chipper are also cool. I don't have any premium items in my KL so I didn't vote for them.
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I don't have most of the premiums, but I can say the one I was most excited to get was the Tooth Chipper. You can see where it gets its name with those three little hills in rapid succession!
    I figured the name came from the wrecking ball.
  • 4junk3000
    6214 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:

Idk if you've ever ridden on an older, wood construction roller coaster, but typically the cart you ride in is similar to something they used in 19th century coal mines.

No seat cushion, no shoulder harness, you bounce around in there, and when switching between screaming and clenching your own teeth holding onto the "safety bar", you could chip them!

I chose the Eyeballs of Death That ride looks scary yet survivable. Inside a ball being juggled in mid-air? Holy crap. The Flea Dipper looks like the G forces would kill you. The rest I've actually been on similar IRL so zzz.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

Idk if you've ever ridden on an older, wood construction roller coaster, but typically the cart you ride in is similar to something they used in 19th century coal mines.

No seat cushion, no shoulder harness, you bounce around in there, and when switching between screaming and clenching your own teeth holding onto the "safety bar", you could chip them!
    I have ridden such coasters a few times, yes. I don't recall chipping any of my teeth. (None of them included a wrecking ball ready to swing into my face, though.)
  • 4junk3000
    6214 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

I have ridden such coasters a few times, yes. I don't recall chipping any of my teeth. (None of them included a wrecking ball ready to swing into my face, though.)
    I've always assumed the wrecking ball indicated the ride was about to be condemned... as soon as this last paying rider gets off...OK one more paying rider...maybe one more if no one's looking...

I can't go on these any more. Not as worried about chipping teeth, more like chipping vertebrae in my back. Can't use trampolines anymore either. Too many motorcycle wrecks...

The one that pins you against the wall... Gravitron? That one is still fun!
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Tavern on the Scream because I like the animation: come eat here. Chop chop chop! :shock:
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Gosh, I haven't gone to an amusement park in nearly a decade. It's interesting, I was just talking about parks and rides with the significant other about a day ago. I tended to like rides that drop you more than anything. (Think the Death Drop in Krustyland.) I was fine with coasters so long as they didn't turn me upside-down.
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

I've always assumed the wrecking ball indicated the ride was about to be condemned... as soon as this last paying rider gets off...OK one more paying rider...maybe one more if no one's looking...

I can't go on these any more. Not as worried about chipping teeth, more like chipping vertebrae in my back. Can't use trampolines anymore either. Too many motorcycle wrecks...

The one that pins you against the wall... Gravitron? That one is still fun!

They changed the name years ago to Starship 2000. Gravitron was so much cooler. I still love riding it at our local fair.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Gosh, I haven't gone to an amusement park in nearly a decade. It's interesting, I was just talking about parks and rides with the significant other about a day ago. I tended to like rides that drop you more than anything. (Think the Death Drop in Krustyland.) I was fine with coasters so long as they didn't turn me upside-down.

About the only coasters that don't go upside down are the old wooden ones and smaller ones you see at carnivals...

I can't stand drop rides, I prefer the gravity ones that spin you around sticking you to the sides and go up and down small hills like tilt-a-whirls and tea cups.
  • 4junk3000
    6214 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Tilt-a-whirl is my ride!

To operate, not to get on. One summer between semesters I was a ride operator. I did the bumper cars and the TAW. I got skilled at manipulating the power button and the brake lever, and could whip the little carriages around really fast. With a full ride, i would do a little to everyone, but if you were the solo cart on that ride, oh no. You got spun the whole time. We had to start keeping a hose nearby for the pukers. Heheheh
  • ultratim78
    27 posts
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:

In the show, the ride would start then stop suddenly and the riders would chip their teeth on the hand rail in front of them. I can't remember what episode it was.

I went with sideshow you. Any chance of doughnuts is always good 8)
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3090 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    There have been some rides mentioned in this thread that I now want in my KL.

Why don't I have a Gravitron or a Tilt-a-Whirl yet?!?
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Tilt-a-whirl is my ride!

To operate, not to get on. One summer between semesters I was a ride operator. I did the bumper cars and the TAW. I got skilled at manipulating the power button and the brake lever, and could whip the little carriages around really fast. With a full ride, i would do a little to everyone, but if you were the solo cart on that ride, oh no. You got spun the whole time. We had to start keeping a hose nearby for the pukers. Heheheh

I would have LOVED to ride the TAW while you were working! TAW and the Gravitron are 2 of my favorite rides at the fair.. Although where I live now their version of a fair is cheesy no rides like that plus they don't even serve beer!
  • 4junk3000
    6214 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Tara1qt wrote:
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Tilt-a-whirl is my ride!

I would have LOVED to ride the TAW while you were working! TAW and the Gravitron are 2 of my favorite rides at the fair.. Although where I live now their version of a fair is cheesy no rides like that plus they don't even serve beer!

Heh yeah I used to spin 'em up alright. But I think I had more fans from the bumper cars...

We were told to run the cars for 2 minutes and 20 seconds. But as it got busier we were supposed to keep knocking off 5 seconds. (Because the owners were cheap @#$%) At its busiest, the ride would only last 1:55. No one really noticed as we'd be subtle about it. But when it was slow I'd leave people on longer, to give them a treat for coming like on a cold day, and let people see the ride was open.

We only played 50s "doowop" music because it was family friendly. The same five Time-Life compilation cassettes 1954-1959 over and over.. (Ugh they are embedded in my brain now from working 14 hr shifts there every day. Yes I hate doowop now) but occasionally I'd slip something in from the one labeled "after dark only" (1960s! Turbulent aghh), like Deep Purple's Hush. I've let people ride through that whole song which i just now checked for the first time, is 4:25. Hah! :lol:

My FAVORITE ride is the SCRAMBLER! but it has to be done right: not outside, but enclosed (basically in a big shed) so it's pitch-dark. Then use only strobe lights, lasers, and fog machine, and Ministry's "Jesus Built My Hotrod" blasting. When the strobe flashes on right at the point where you think you'll hit the people in cart next to you as they emerge from fog, it's really intense. :twisted:

Ahh good times...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.