EA Forums - Banner

What are your Donut spending regrets...

1235Next

Replies

• GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited January 2015
    TArmada23 wrote:
    I'd say the Open Air Theater is probably the purchase I regret the most, as the funky task times make it difficult to use and it earns nothing unless it is being used. The Be Sharps animation is nice, but I rarely can use it since I don't normally send my characters on anything less than 8 hour tasks unless a quest requires less. I don't understand why there isn't a 12 hour task for it, though the Skinner Sisters 10 hour task is what I almost always use.

Lampwick is probably my second biggest regret. Lame storyline, weak animations - other than the cool car, he has nothing going for him.

I see that a lot of people hate Arnie Pye, but I don't really mind him. The helicopter tasks are annoying, but he also has two other regular animations. I do always use the Stonecutter skin if I need to put him on a 12 hour task.

There is a 12 hour task. It requires Lureen.
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited January 2015
    Hendri1992 wrote:
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    holy * 3 boatlods god danm dawg. my worst regret is when i rush task or crud houses.

Sounds like you need to turn the "confirm donut spend" option on.
    yea its usaly on bud danm 3 boatloads? i could of baught a whole new device with that kind of money blown on virtual crap.

Well Gil is only visiting once a year with a donut deal, so I have like a whole year to save that money, and if I have enough saved, I buy it. If I could only 1, I would have bought 1. But because I saved enough, I could buy 3 :)
    yea i guess that makes sense if your not spending anymore all year round, but i coud neverbring myself to justufy spending more than 20$ on an app.
  • Hendri1992
    285 posts
    edited January 2015
    Hendri1992 wrote:
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    holy * 3 boatlods god danm dawg. my worst regret is when i rush task or crud houses.

Sounds like you need to turn the "confirm donut spend" option on.
    yea its usaly on bud danm 3 boatloads? i could of baught a whole new device with that kind of money blown on virtual crap.

Well Gil is only visiting once a year with a donut deal, so I have like a whole year to save that money, and if I have enough saved, I buy it. If I could only 1, I would have bought 1. But because I saved enough, I could buy 3 :)
    yea i guess that makes sense if your not spending anymore all year round, but i coud neverbring myself to justufy spending more than 20$ on an app.

I dont play and other game (pc, PlayStation, Xbox) i only play the simpsons, Family Guy and Candy crush, so the simpsons is the only game i pay for.
    I justify it for myself because I know I got a great deal (700 donuts more per boatload). But I don't buy it during the rest of the year, especially now the price has gone up with €10,-
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    cdepast wrote:
    TArmada23 wrote:
    I'd say the Open Air Theater is probably the purchase I regret the most, as the funky task times make it difficult to use and it earns nothing unless it is being used. The Be Sharps animation is nice, but I rarely can use it since I don't normally send my characters on anything less than 8 hour tasks unless a quest requires less. I don't understand why there isn't a 12 hour task for it, though the Skinner Sisters 10 hour task is what I almost always use.

Lampwick is probably my second biggest regret. Lame storyline, weak animations - other than the cool car, he has nothing going for him.

I see that a lot of people hate Arnie Pye, but I don't really mind him. The helicopter tasks are annoying, but he also has two other regular animations. I do always use the Stonecutter skin if I need to put him on a 12 hour task.

The open air theater is actually one of my favorites! I have the Be Sharps performing now...

tumblr_lyy1hvz9uG1ro2c2ro1_500.gif
    I love the Open Air Stage too. The B Sharps, Man Getting Hit By Football... what's not to love? I agree that the B Sharps task should be longer though.
  • dtj507
    98 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Same as some other people, spending donuts on the island. Tried twice to get my 30 donuts back off EA but no luck. One advisor wanted me to give names of people who had said they'd got a refund of their donuts! Like I do that!!! :evil: So I guess I'll have to live with it. Put me off buying more donuts though, think I'll try being a freemium player! :roll:
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited January 2015
    regret it all really... i stopped playing for ages because i was bored of the game and just realised how pointless the things i bought where.

could of bought many other games for what i spent on the game which has gameplay other then tap and wait (can even trade those games in or sell them)

never again will i spend money on a mobile game, logging in and seeing all the premium stuff roaming around made me annoyed of how much money was wasted
  • krayzjoe
    16 posts
    edited January 2015
    I've spent a few by accident, hitting the racetrack or a house. I bought the mini-Krusty that dances in the Squidport by accident. All nebie mistakes, but annyoing nonetheless...
  • stevieort
    618 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    In the beginning I spent donuts on dumb things like Buddha boxes and speeding things up. My biggest regret, though, is purchasing those nerds from the Clash of the Clones event. They are stupid looking, but because I spent donuts, I'm hesitant to place them in storage. :roll:
  • mrbadxampl
    100 posts
    edited January 2015
    small islands, and accidental pay-to-finish effects like getting an extra bet at the dog track and such
  • ultratim78
    27 posts
    edited January 2015
    Blue haired lawyer. He came with the courthouse update but has no task there, he's a bloody lawyer for beep sake :lol:

Still, at least you can send him to the kmart :roll: What a wasted opportunity
  • cerebros01
    14 posts
    edited January 2015
    About 1000 donuts on those easter eggs.
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited January 2015
    I don't really regret any purchase, but I wish I hadn't bothered with Akira and the Japanese restaurant. Somehow I thought the Bonzai plants would have a multiplier, but later realized they didn't, so there is no reason to keep making them. I just keep him on a 24 hr task these days. I am very happy with my witch Marge, as she has taken days if not weeks off my corn crops. I like having her fly around town, too.

I do regret not buying Brandine last year, so I hope they bring her back again for Valentines Day.
  • cerebros01
    14 posts
    edited January 2015
    I do find Arnie Pie voice annoying and I don't like his 1hr and 12hr task.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I don't really regret any purchase, but I wish I hadn't bothered with Akira and the Japanese restaurant. Somehow I thought the Bonzai plants would have a multiplier, but later realized they didn't, so there is no reason to keep making them.
    Except that they're still a great deco that otherwise costs donuts. Akira is always making bonsai for me. If I run out of uses for them, I can just sell them for extra cash.
    He also has some great visual tasks. Sometimes I give him a break for karate time.
  • 0ReganPOOP
    193 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    cerebros01 wrote:

I find Arnie kind of annoying too, but at least his 24 hour task doesn't have him going across your screen with the helicopter. Arnie's definitely worth the donuts because of the 2 day Channel 6 Broadcast you can use when you have him.
  • robynou
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    cerebros01 wrote:

Me too! When I saw him in other towns flying I thought I wanted it, but now I avoid those tasks. He is mostly in his Stonecutter's skin just to avoid doing it on accident. I do use him for the two day task at the TV station.
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Donna4612 wrote:
    I forgot how much it was (maybe 75?), but the mutant rabbit that can't be stored is my only regret. I wish I would have known before buying.

DITTO! I would now pay an additional 75 donuts if they would take him back. Irritates me every day.

Only other significant regret is Nighthawk Diner because as soon as I bought it, it was changed to ugly colors, and the original color scheme was what I most loved about it.
    /\
    This. I really don't like that rabbit.....my only regret so far. Usually, I wait for you all to review and discuss the new items and then I buy/not buy on your input. I didn't wait on the rabbit and wish I did.

I hate that bunny
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    robynou wrote:
    cerebros01 wrote:

Me too! When I saw him in other towns flying I thought I wanted it, but now I avoid those tasks. He is mostly in his Stonecutter's skin just to avoid doing it on accident. I do use him for the two day task at the TV station.

Same thing for me, his laugh cuts my soul and when he is flying, he gets in the way
  • Fettster777
    510 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Accidentally bought that kids in snake costume thing. As a free player I was pretty upset. I didn't have donut confirm on. Every time I see it around my town I'm reminded.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.