EA Forums - Banner

Extreme makeover: Springfield edition

One way to do it is to store Everything & start again, not an easy task will take more than 24hrs with no payout lol except your own happyness lol

I've been doing mine in sections at a time proper pain have to say

Replies

• JustinmRyan
    39 posts
    edited January 2013
    I am slowly reordering mine as well not trying to do it all in one day. I am opening the land so I can put thing where I want them and not move them again. For example the prison needs to be for away from the main town as does the power plant. Stuff like that
  • Calerock
    312 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm going to try that out, thanks.

I want people to look at my town and think "wow"
  • Osiris0900
    18 posts
    edited January 2013
    Just finished redoing my city after buying the Springfield Sign, the Volcano and the Aztec Theater. Took everything completely out except the buildings and started from scratch. Couldn't be happier about the layout and how easily i can expand from this point on without having to re-build every so often. The goal is to get it to 13x13 but i think I'm only at 13x9 right now. Also just put together the first map of my town. It took about 24 hrs to redo the whole town but it was worth it in the end. My suggestion is think about your layout for the long run and plan ahead so you don't have to reorganize it all the time.

Springfield_zps5ecbb225.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited January 2013
    My best advice is to do some prep work like storing trees, bushes etc...even if you just do a little at a time. I spent a huge amount of time just storing decorations, it is horribly tedious. Removing roads and any rivers or lakes a little at a time beforehand is helpful too. It was such a pain when I started my redesign because I basically did no prep work besides storing a bunch of houses, I think it would have been easier if I had stored more. Good luck and have fun!!! :D
  • Osiris0900
    18 posts
    edited January 2013
    On a side note...why can't i get my town picture to show up on my posts? It shows the picture in the preview but just shows up as the coding in the actual post...Any suggestions?
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited January 2013
    Before you begin deconstructing anything list what you have and what type of building they are, IE. restaurant, store, municipal, etc. Then decide if you want to have well defined zones or not. If you want to have zones for things figure out where you want to put each zone, IE residential in the upper left corner of the grid and entertainment in the bottom right. Once you've done that, decide if you want to have anything that defines one zone on your grid from another in the way of water or greenery. With that decided you might, but you don't have to do this, make a rough plan for where you want things to go in your town. Having some kind of visual to look at when you work out your redesign will make things go a little faster.

Granted, I haven't done this myself but when I do get to pushing out my town some this is going to be my plan of attack before I move even one thing. Right now I'm reluctant to push my eastern end because I always had the power plant as the defining eastern border of my town. I have to get over that and be more open to incorporating it a bigger plan for my town instead of just adding as I go and nothing really making sense.
  • Calerock
    312 posts
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the help! I'm exited to do it actually

Also, Im pretty sure you have to put www. But nice town!
  • xtj076
    4 posts
    edited January 2013
    I did mine section by section, as there was a fair bit I liked about my old Springfield. I cleared some land, shoved some buildings on and went from there. Definitely try and keep some of your town so it has layers to it. Different sections will be decorated differently as your skill and experience improve. :D
  • Glock23D
    142 posts
    edited January 2013
    Osiris0900 wrote:
    Just finished redoing my city after buying the Springfield Sign, the Volcano and the Aztec Theater. Took everything completely out except the buildings and started from scratch. Couldn't be happier about the layout and how easily i can expand from this point on without having to re-build every so often. The goal is to get it to 13x13 but i think I'm only at 13x9 right now. Also just put together the first map of my town. It took about 24 hrs to redo the whole town but it was worth it in the end. My suggestion is think about your layout for the long run and plan ahead so you don't have to reorganize it all the time.

Springfield_zps5ecbb225.jpg

Quoted to show image.
    Very nice town EXCEPT the houses. They just make the town look stupid: it's a bit said... :(
  • Osiris0900
    18 posts
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for posting that...still can't figure out why it shows up in the preview but won't actually post the picture. But the blue houses are definitely temporary to help get me more money to buy the rest of the land. I'm squaring off the sections evenly and that last strip isn't complete yet, so i just threw the houses there until i can expand.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.