EA Forums - Banner

Yaaay more land!

Replies

• yukongirl123
    15173 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Has the landing zone moved as a result of the new land available? (can't play until after work :cry: )

Mine appears to have done but I have just bought a few of the new strips!

I have all the land available, except for the new bit...a major redesign may have to be done!
  • devilhunt1449
    3768 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Bought all of the strip of land too much appreciated and thank you EA for it, I'm just wondering how long it will take before someone starts saying "I need more land" lol, tomorrow?
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I need more land. Seriously though. One strip does not give options to design the pile of buidlings in my inventory. They should hold off until they can release two strips at once.
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Glad for new land but why do they keep adding it to the right/East.. Why don't they ever add a strip from the moutains down(west to east) if that's how u look at it lol.. Been hoping for a new strip there for the longest.. Woulda thought they would do that before adding all of it to the right(even though I consider that the bottom lol)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Wijsheid wrote:
    I need more land. Seriously though. One strip does not give options to design the pile of buidlings in my inventory. They should hold off until they can release two strips at once.
    You could wait and buy two strips at once. (Or, you could be grateful for what we do get. And we have gotten two strips within the past four-ish months.)
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I could be dead in four months.
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Glad for new land but why do they keep adding it to the right/East.. Why don't they ever add a strip from the moutains down(west to east) if that's how u look at it lol.. Been hoping for a new strip there for the longest.. Woulda thought they would do that before adding all of it to the right(even though I consider that the bottom lol)
    I agree, though I am guessing they add along the bottom so that you also get more water.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6372 posts Moderator
    edited January 2015
    More land. Sweet. Now I don't have to destroy anymore locations.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    You consider east the bottom?
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    just in the nick of time too. These new buildings are huge.
  • mdelliott13
    111 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Just bought all the new land & water, chump change. :)
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited January 2015
    At first I was really pissed with the new land because I had just re-designed the area after last week’s nuking . But I have already taken advantage of that new strip and now I’m thankful that they added it today.

Also after the suspicious pile of dirt and the dirt road of the guinea pig rescue center my hopes for the addition of dirt road
    in the building menu have risen. :)

Edit

Oh and I have bought all new land but not the two squares of water.
  • organizmx66
    515 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    Wahooooo!! *does her happy dance* Now I can hardly wait to get home from work so I can move stuff around!! :D
    D'oh!!
  • M4rkEv4ns
    188 posts
    edited January 2015
    So happy but wish it was on the other side.
  • tibabe
    2 posts
    edited January 2015
    Yay! New level and new land at the same time - thank you EA! :mrgreen:
    Now I just need some more ingame-$ to buy all that new stuff.. :mrgreen:
  • rotyr
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Brabsel wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    gm0471 wrote:
    How much, one strip on the side again?

Yes, to the far right.

Isn't it on the bottom of the town
    If the mountains are west and the top of the map is north, the new land is to the east, or the right side of town. The bottom, or south, is the shore.

That's a weird way of seeing it.
    Not if you accept the convention that the top of a map is north and have ever lived around mountains. (Mountains cannot be north, thus cannot be the top, thus land opposite the mountains is not the bottom.)

Why can't mountains be in the north? Lots of people live in areas that have mountains north of their location.

The orientation of Springfield depends on your perspective, but if you open the game and scroll straight up, the mountains will cover the top of the screen. Thus I interpret the mountains as north/top. I regard the new land as south/bottom, and the water lies in the west. But as the game is not perfectly at right angles, I can see how others may have a different perspective.
  • EvaMohlin
    541 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    Brabsel wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    gm0471 wrote:
    How much, one strip on the side again?

Yes, to the far right.

Isn't it on the bottom of the town
    If the mountains are west and the top of the map is north, the new land is to the east, or the right side of town. The bottom, or south, is the shore.

That's a weird way of seeing it.

Not if you accept the convention that the top of a map is north and have ever lived around mountains. (Mountains cannot be north, thus cannot be the top, thus land opposite the mountains is not the bottom.)

Can mountains not be north? Ask the Indians where the Himalayans are....
    Otherwise I totally agree with the directons of the SF land/map.
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    neuroheart wrote:
    You consider east the bottom?

The east of this Springfield, yea. Might be just because that's what a good amount of my buildings face and that's the way we expanded.. I don't see the Squidport or beach south.. Even though South Beach has a good ring to it lol.. Just my way of seeing it
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    EvaMohlin wrote:
    Can mountains not be north? Ask the Indians where the Himalayans are....
    Otherwise I totally agree with the directons of the SF land/map.
    I didn't realize Springfield was in India. I thought it was somewhere vaguely U.S.

Mountain ranges in the States run generally north to south (with a few minor bends) so if you are next to them, they are to the west or the east of you.

cTkTKgy.jpg?2

We could call the mountains east, but I think that would be even more confusing.
  • ink19810
    616 posts
    edited January 2015
    I just consider the mountains north
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.