EA Forums - Banner

Do you keep track of who visits your town?

2Next

Replies

• velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I do at the beginning of events. Spreadsheet and all haha. Outside events and FP I don't mind a bit of a slack off. It's only randoms I monitor. RL and forum friends get a lot more leeway, basically until I know they have quit playing.
  • mrbadxampl
    100 posts
    edited January 2015
    only inasmuch as I try to make sure I get all the handshakes I can get, since I also make sure to leave plenty of buildings untapped for neighbor visits; clear the handshakes to make way for the next round!

much more concerned about getting into my neighbor's towns and hoping there's plenty available to tap there
  • jboudreaud282
    75 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    [/quote]
    "If I hit a town doing my neighbor taps and there's nothing there to tap I exit to the neighborhood and tap the handshake icon, then scroll down to their name and tap it. That shows you the last time they logged in (though I have been told this just indicates the last time they logged into ANY Origin game).[/quote]"

This could explain something I've been wondering about for a while! I have some neighbours that I haven't found anything to tap in their town for weeks; but when I check to see how long it's been since they played, they seem to have been active in the last few hours. This has happened many times and I thought it was very strange. This would make sense; they've been playing another Origin game, but not TSTO. Guess I'll have to start a spreadsheet as well to keep track.

Edit: the first part of this is a quote from wadebear, but it doesn't seem to be showing up properly so added quotation marks and also wanted to mention who it was from.
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited January 2015
    During Stonecutters last year, when neighbor visits were important, I started keeping track. I made a note of all visits for a week and discovered that over 40% of my neighbors didn't bother to visit even once during that time, even though they were clearly playing during the event. I gradually cleared out the non-visitors and replaced them with players thru the forum who responded to my request for neighbors who would visit daily during events.

I've had to replace one or two over the past few months, but difference is noticeable... I've easily maxed-out on all event prizes ever since. I think having good neighbors and BEING a good neighbor is an important part of the game. Visiting takes a little time, but I enjoy seeing different towns.
  • 0ReganPOOP
    193 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I don't try to keep track of everyone who visits my town... but I try to remember my really good neighbors who visit me almost every day.

Then when I'm visiting neighbors I make sure to visit their towns and tap on decent building for them.
  • Jax001100
    1004 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    There are people out there who use spreadsheets to keep track of visitors all the time. *shudders* Way too much work for me. The introduction of leaderboards in the last couple of events has been interesting though. Lets me see who is active during the event but even that doesn't necessarily mean they are visiting me. Truth is, I'm not the world's best neighbour so I'm not that fussy about whether people visit me daily.
  • markymark293
    42 posts
    edited January 2015
    I have a 24 hour role. Other people need friends and people who actually play the game daily. I'm sorry if that is screwed up.
  • 0ReganPOOP
    193 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    I have a 24 hour role. Other people need friends and people who actually play the game daily. I'm sorry if that is screwed up.

This post doesn't make any sense. What is a 24 hour role?
  • HisWrath
    335 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    teo47 wrote:
    Since neighbor visits are generally much more beneficial to the person doing the visiting than the one being visited, I don't bother keeping track of who visits me and how often, nor would I ever drop a neighbor because he or she didn't visit me 'enough'.

The one and only reason I have ever or will ever delete a neighbor is due to that player's extended period of inactivity leading to me never having anything to tap when I visit them.
    Exactly this. Also, as much as I like the thought of others visiting my town, I know that for many players, they don't need the money (nor do I) so there isn't really any point in visiting other than to see what's new (which is my usual reason for visiting, and of course because I'm obsessive :) ).
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    0ReganPOOP wrote:

This post doesn't make any sense. What is a 24 hour role?

I'm pretty sure they meant "24 hour rule" ... Like, maybe they need neighbors who will visit every 24 hours. (I made that up. They may mean something entirely different.)

@markymark, if that's what you meant, I don't consider it "screwed up" ... Lots of the add-me thread names are very specific about wanting and expecting that visiting pattern. If someone states they will do that, you have every right to hold them to it. ;)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • SquirrelLadd
    1668 posts
    edited January 2015
    "If I hit a town doing my neighbor taps and there's nothing there to tap I exit to the neighborhood and tap the handshake icon, then scroll down to their name and tap it. That shows you the last time they logged in (though I have been told this just indicates the last time they logged into ANY Origin game).[/quote]"

This could explain something I've been wondering about for a while! I have some neighbours that I haven't found anything to tap in their town for weeks; but when I check to see how long it's been since they played, they seem to have been active in the last few hours. This has happened many times and I thought it was very strange. This would make sense; they've been playing another Origin game, but not TSTO. Guess I'll have to start a spreadsheet as well to keep track.

Edit: the first part of this is a quote from wadebear, but it doesn't seem to be showing up properly so added quotation marks and also wanted to mention who it was from.[/quote]
    I checked on players this way too..didnt realise it was any origin game, that explai ns a lot. Unless it is an event i dont worry about who visits mejust whether they have things to tap in their town. I try to take notice during events to ensure i visit them.
  • erchin8
    265 posts
    edited January 2015
    I totally empathize with OP. When I tap a handshake, I recognize the name, since almost all are forum friends. However, I clear my town more than once per day, at different times during the day, and don't have a sense of "well, it's been 48 hours, and erchin has only visited me once.". (That was a joke. By my estimation, erchin visits me at least once every twelve minutes. Neglecterino runs a close second.)

But, I have no idea who has NOT visited me. Every once in a while, I'll see names pop up that I suddenly realize i havent seen for a while. Makes me smile to know they're around. :)

But my situation is such that i can get what i need even if not everyone visits. Many players rely on visits.

:mrgreen:

I know who visits because their names appear regularly. It makes me smile when I see certain names tapping out-of-the-way things, usually because it's often the same out-of-the-way things.

I used to care who didn't visit me when I first started, but now it doesn't matter, even when there are new FP prizes. However, I do get annoyed if it's during an event, especially at the beginning and I get that crazy "need to advance asap" syndrome. I only realize they haven't visited when I visit them and think, "hey, haven't seen them in my town for a while."
  • Samaranth01
    2182 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I usually recognize the names of regular visitors, but sometimes I'm clearing handshakes pretty quickly and don't notice the names. I usually do this twice a day and almost always have plenty to clear so I don't worry about it. Like many others I usually pay more attention to my friends towns when I visit. When someone has nothing to tap for a while I check to see if they're still playing. Some of them are newer players with small towns so as long as they're playing I don't mind if they do not have something available all the time. I have a full friend list and have no trouble maxing out points for FP prizes or events when I visit. :-)
  • GrantDarov769
    51 posts
    edited February 2015
    i dont really pay atention but when im visiting my friends and there isnt anything to tap like 4-5 days in a role i will remove that person and add someone new
  • ernienbenny
    168 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    During non-events, I don't really care so much. But during events, I can be pretty severe. I go to my neighbors daily, or as close to daily as that idiotic clock will alow, and if, during events, prizes are dependent on neighbor visits, I'll drop people if it's been a couple days (if they're newer neighbors), but generally after 5 if they've been neighbors for awhile. I hate to get rid of people, but the whole point of this game is to visit each other. It would be nice if the major events didn't go on so damn long, and maybe people wouldn't get so fed up with having to constantly visit.
  • 4junk3000
    5333 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I don't pay attention to who visits me.

But if I go to someone's town, and there is nothing to tap, I will check their name on the friend list to see when they last logged in to Origin.

If it's longer than 2 days, I assume they are not playing daily and boot them.

The friend list is displayed by tapping the handshake icon on the screen with all your neighbor's SFs.

"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • bretro85
    97 posts
    edited February 2015
    4junk3000 wrote:

But if I go to someone's town, and there is nothing to tap, I will check their name on the friend list to see when they last logged in to Origin.

If it's longer than 2 days, I assume they are not playing daily and boot them.

The friend list is displayed by tapping the handshake icon on the screen with all your neighbor's SFs.

Same!
    Just deleted a bunch. So any ACTIVE players out there who want to fill some friends slots, add me :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!