EA Forums - Banner

Minimum amount of time before unfriending

Prev1345
3-4 weeks. Right now I probably have a few that need to be replaced but I generally don't bother until I have a good handful of people. I'm actually starting to like random adds because so many of my niehbors stop playing so often, it gets tedious having to replace so much plus those people are turning out to be good adds :mrgreen:

Replies

• TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Bit longer for me, 4-6 weeks.

People get fed up, then realise what they were missing, but if they're not back after that long, I figure they've gone... :)
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I guess I'm pretty harsh. I give about a week, on average. The way it typically works out is that I don't notice they're gone until there's nothing to tap. On a typical max-level town, that might take anywhere from 4 days to a week. I start paying attention when I have to check their Krustyland for something to tap. By the time everything's gone, I take a look at how long they've been offline. If it's less than 3-4 days, I give them a little more. If it's close to or more than a week, I drop them. There are exceptions: if I see a message saying they're on vacation, or if I particularly like their town or know them from the forum, I give them more leeway.

But basically, I usually have at least 10 friend requests pending because people keep randomly sending them. I don't really sweat losing one random for another.
  • devilhunt1449
    3601 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I generally allow around 8 weeks before I think about removing them from my neighbours list.
  • Lottie089
    375 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I've been giving them four to five weeks. Do most of my culling during events.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Active forum member...I give him/her two weeks before I send a PM asking them what's going on.

Random person? A week at most. No connection to them, no reason to keep someone I don't know around when there are others who need neighbors and who are active all the time.
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited February 2015
    5 days to start an event. If a neighbor doesn't start an event 5 days in, I assume they just don't care about the game anymore. I generally don't delete during non-events.
  • barryriddl474
    4819 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    For me, it depends on who the neighbor is. If they have been a good neighbor for a long time, and then I see inactivity, I assume something may be going on with them, so I'll give them more time than normal. Otherwise, I typically unfriend after 4 hours of inactivity, unless they're an excellent neighbor, then I may double that time.
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    If there is consistently nothing to tap in someone's town. So if I am friends with someone and they log in once every 6 days but I can only tap their town once a week, that person will be deleted. Had to delete someone who was a weekly player only a few eels ago. Just had nothing to tap when I visited. When I check I usually give people a week. As said before though, I am much more lenient with RL friends and forums members.
  • maryclaire1
    6024 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    For me, it depends on who the neighbor is. If they have been a good neighbor for a long time, and then I see inactivity, I assume something may be going on with them, so I'll give them more time than normal. Otherwise, I typically unfriend after 4 hours of inactivity, unless they're an excellent neighbor, then I may double that time.

This seems harsh. I usually go with 6-8 hours depending how well I know them.
  • cripplers2
    95 posts
    edited February 2015
    I usually check 5 days into an event and if they haven't been online in more than a month, I might give them the boot.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited February 2015

No chance of getting sleep? :shock:
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    efin98 wrote:

No chance of getting sleep? :shock:

Real tappers, tap while they sleep.
  • izabellatrix
    1612 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I wait until they haven't been on in 4-5 days, then I un-friend. Is that too harsh?
    Joined: May 2014 • Level: 563 • Favourite Characters: Lisa & Ralph
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I wait until they haven't been on in 4-5 days, then I un-friend. Is that too harsh?

If it leaves there town untappable then no. Not at all. I usually find towns tapped out by that stage and if it is continuous it becomes annoying.
  • bernie_bkk171
    27 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    About 4 to 5 weeks, then I will delete them.
    During events a week...
  • wadebear
    4000 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    If I can't find anything to tap in their town I'll usually give them 2 days during an event that requires friend actions, 5 days in non-event. Unless my blood sugar is low...

I started just before THOH 2014 and got a bunch of neighbors (tapping aliens), after it was over I discovered one of my neighbors hadn't been in her(?) town for 3 weeks.

I'm a donut collector. Every tap in a neighbor's town is a chance for a donut. Every day I can't tap something is a potentially lost donut. (I got six practically one after another a couple of days ago.) Just 80 more donuts to go and I'll have enough for Professor Frink in my pure Freemium town. I only need 35 more in my Premium town (though I'm not spending any more money on this game unless I win the lottery).
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    If someone has a house farm they may last a month without being active but if there's nothing to tap for 2 weeks they're gone
  • i_harrison640
    17 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Maybe I'm a little harsh but just a couple of days for an established player with nothing to tap and they're cut.

I'm more lenient with lower level players.
  • velinadelinis
    2094 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    vetteeater wrote:
    If someone has a house farm they may last a month without being active but if there's nothing to tap for 2 weeks they're gone

I deleted someone a few weeks back as he had most buildings squished into 2 strips of land, at max land and the entire SF was a house farm. I don't mind tasteful farms but the farm never changed so I deleted them.
  • 0ReganPOOP
    193 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I don't unfriend until events, just because usually during events it's really easy to see who is active and who isn't playing the game.

But I don't visit my neighbors that often, so I don't hold my neighbors to high standards. :P
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!