EA Forums - Banner

Where is the Valentines Day update?

1235Next

Replies

• bosmanad
    45 posts
    edited February 2015
    Wijsheid wrote:
    Two developers have, at different times, said to me at E3 and gamescom that 2015 is the last year the game will be supported. This black market sale and the other old items they sold end of year make sit look grim for this last year

My guess is they can easily mine the show for another decade of updates, but that it's become an issue of hardware. My town in particular has grown so large, that my devices are (finally) struggling a little. Obviously newer devices can run it, but over time it has or will grown too large for hand held devices.

• Pokelon
    438 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    As long as they keep making money I would think they'd keep supporting......but it's a bit off topic no?
  • ShadyLady876
    510 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    bosmanad wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:
    Two developers have, at different times, said to me at E3 and gamescom that 2015 is the last year the game will be supported. This black market sale and the other old items they sold end of year make sit look grim for this last year

My guess is they can easily mine the show for another decade of updates, but that it's become an issue of hardware. My town in particular has grown so large, that my devices are (finally) struggling a little. Obviously newer devices can run it, but over time it has or will grown too large for hand held devices.

Well they can keep the game going, and remove support for older devices.
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    bosmanad wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:

Well they can keep the game going, and remove support for older devices.

Which they've done in the past.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I'd be okay with an alternate event other than Valentine's Day. I end up storing all the pink/red/heart decos anyway.
  • KRCJabba
    83 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    drumnman wrote:
    I'd be okay with an alternate event other than Valentine's Day. I end up storing all the pink/red/heart decos anyway.

Me too, but this isn't a new event. Just a bunch of old stuff coming back. Just like last summer, this really s.u.c.k.s
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Wijsheid wrote:
    :cry:
  • mattruns84
    2819 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Jblue8298 wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:
    :cry:

Ditto. We'll have to make a way for the regulars to stay in touch.
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    The update could come later or we'll get something entirely new. I'm not in a rush, its still 9 days till Valentine.
  • abc1177947165
    601 posts
    edited February 2015
    FG Valentines update was just released guess I will go play that until EA can update TSTO accordingly as the game has gotten quite boring lately
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited February 2015
    Wijsheid wrote:

You are probably trolling but anyways here is why this is ****.
    1. EA likes to keep everything a secret from us so why would they tell a random guy when the game is ending?
    2. They would definitely tell all of us in an update or at least on the forums
    3. I don't think they even have all the updates planned out for 2015 yet so why would they be focusing on when it is going to end?
    4. This game is making a LOT of money!! As long as it makes a profit its staying up
    5. If EA needed to close the game that badly wouldn't they want to do it within a month or two? Why wait an entire year when a lot can change in that time?
    6. Finally even if what you said was true how would two developers at EA know for sure? If they are talking about closing the app soon most likely nothing is set in stone. Plus it could just be them guessing.

So ya horrible story,no innovative characters, and no new gameplay mechanics what so ever 0/10 IGN.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.