EA Forums - Banner

Anyone create a second account?

Prev1
I made a second account for two reasons, first to see what my main account looks like to others, and second to play up without spending any cash.

Replies

• GWMatMILO
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    bu1wink1e wrote:
    I made a second account for two reasons, first to see what my main account looks like to others, and second to play up without spending any cash.

Did the same thing. I have not bought doughnuts on my phone game. And it is smaller than my iPad game but still very nice. Starting out I did buy the squeaky voice kid. And with the doughnuts from Christmas stockings I got the Munz shooting car. Had I got more I would have loved to get the observatory. But only ending up with 50 some the shooting car seemed the best fit for my phone Springfield.

Dan
  • Gilby01
    69 posts
    edited January 2013
    I started a new account when my first account got reset to level 1. But a month or so later my original Springfield was restored.

So I am back playing my original Springfield, but I do visit my second one now and then just in case I ever end up needing it again.
  • marlenet88
    136 posts
    edited January 2013
    I'm too scared of losing one as I only use one device.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited January 2013
    I may make a second one actually... With a completely different layout and no premiums, ahh probs not :p
  • LeFreeze
    904 posts
    edited January 2013
    I may make a second one actually... With a completely different layout and no premiums, ahh probs not :p

Same thing here... But i have it..
  • cjcccooper
    322 posts
    edited January 2013
    Me no way my buddy has three...
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    bu1wink1e wrote:

Me too.

No premium stuff, unless game gives it to me.

I think EA is punishing me for this approach. I did the "friend" thing to my town last night and the visited 4 others. Got booted from the game. It says the friend I collected from can next be collected from in 50 days.

The others are fine. At least I know it's not my massively decorated level 25 town that causes the game to crash. :?
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I think EA is punishing me for this approach. I did the "friend" thing to my town last night and the visited 4 others. Got booted from the game. It says the friend I collected from can next be collected from in 50 days.

Wow, really? Does this mean you can't even go in and look around that town, or you just can't collect from that friend for 50 days? I am over-the-top curious. Can you post a screenshot?

Perhaps they have taken notice of the exploit...
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:

Wow, really? Does this mean you can't even go in and look around that town, or you just can't collect from that friend for 50 days? I am over-the-top curious. Can you post a screenshot?

I can get in.

Perhaps they have taken notice of the exploit...

image_zps9d6832e2.jpg

Since i am playing that town on an old iPod, i am going to jailbreak it so i can time travel and see if that clears this. I was also doing tasks moonshine, babysit, and emergency prayer meeting; and all of the locked up. Had to put the farm and Flanders house into storage and start over.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    It even locked you out of Other Springfield... interesting indeed! I'm curious to see how this works out for you.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited January 2013
    I created a second account when I couldn't access mine for two weeks in November. My main account is not actually my avatar here but it is danshep233. Once I got my main one back, my wife mostly took over the secondary one.

That account has Otto's bus, Frink's and a couple premium characters. I have the others (minus the buildings with no characters) on my main one. Two months later, I control both and do no more than 24-hour tasks.

Nice having two around updates because I had Homer on a 24 on one when the last one came through, but was able to start the Smithers progression on my other.

And ... got a ton of free donuts during XMas having two.

And ... I can spray paint myself when my rating goes down. Some perks.
  • GKpiggy
    148 posts
    edited January 2013
    Originally started a second account to try different things, to actually read the info stuff, different design. Of course, partway through it got hijacked by a pirate (wife :))
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I have created about 15. They are all simple towns and there simply for collecting. You can make as many towns as you like. You don't need to use a real email account.
  • steener122
    42 posts
    edited January 2013
    How would one go about doing this? I'd imagine you'd need 2 devices? My fianc? and I both had iPhones but mine got stolen (with a town in progress) and I had to make a new town on this phone. He doesn't play so I was OK on that.
  • pollyh74
    33 posts
    edited January 2013
    I've got three. :oops: Second one was started cos I was locked out the first for no known reason. Then the third happened because I had started playing a non registered game while locked out of both of those and it go quite big so I saved it. The first two have premium items but the third doesn't.

Now am compulsive about playing all 3! So don't have the time for them all but can't bear to leave them now.....

So so sad.... :D

I play on my iPad and just log in an out of each one. It's a good way to make sure your town(s) is/are being saved.
  • equiraptor
    52 posts
    edited January 2013
    When I first started, before I found the forum or username sharing locations, I created other accounts on other devices laying around the house as a way to have some friends for myself. One of them is nearly entirely neglected, but the other received fairly regular play. When my main account disappeared for a few months, I played the second account instead. I then was distracted by another game, and now, with my primary account restored, am back to playing that one.
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    I created a few small secondary games for graveyard collecting during Halloween, then abandoned them. During the Christmas update, with the new friend-visiting bonus, I revived one of the three. I call it my etch-a-sketch town. Plenty of room to play around with decorations! I might move the ant to my main game (see pic below).

d071091c7b6d99e5d743f9abc378c773_zpsb268a60f.jpg

6ee7ae813b49205414c5991cb61559e6_zps4618cbc1.jpg
  • mietze81937
    624 posts
    edited January 2013
    The ant is cool, very creative Julius!
  • P003htb
    947 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Fine, I'll derail it myself!

Add me, P003htb
  • JuliusGulius
    625 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    Thanks, mietze! Though it does look a little more like a roach at the moment, lol. I don't have much space to play around with on my main game, so I've been enjoying making a mess of this one. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.