EA Forums - Banner

How to find friends that will visit you everyday

Replies

• BeLikeTheDude
    420 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Building a quality neighbor list just takes time and effort to accumulate active players who are as motivated as you are during events. You need some front runners to keep you playing once all prizes are gotten. If I can keep up to Barry, I'm doing okay on most events.

I've changed my name too many times to remember them all (Ruttigger, LordRuttiger, etc) and being mostly a forum "lurker" it wasn't a big deal but now i'm working on becoming more active.

Senior Moderator (for 25 minutes on Sept 23 2016)
  • delegg629524
    337 posts
    edited February 2015
    When I look for new friends, I tell them up front what my preferences are, and how I have an extensive prison record, and how I'm currently imprisoned for incidents related to mobile gamers not visiting, and I find they never miss a single day. The wifi sucks here in this maximum facility, but at least I can trade cigarettes for donut money. :D
    I hope the conjugal visits with Patty and Selma are going well!!
  • barryriddl474
    4831 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Building a quality neighbor list just takes time and effort to accumulate active players who are as motivated as you are during events. You need some front runners to keep you playing once all prizes are gotten. If I can keep up to Barry, I'm doing okay on most events.

I've changed my name too many times to remember them all (Ruttigger, LordRuttiger, etc) and being mostly a forum "lurker" it wasn't a big deal but now i'm working on becoming more active.

Lol, I remember watching your name change a few times on my neighbor list. Always a pleasure to visit. :D
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I just sent you a request. I visit daily during events and take breaks from time to time in between. I also have the same issue as you.
  • barryriddl474
    4831 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    When I look for new friends, I tell them up front what my preferences are, and how I have an extensive prison record, and how I'm currently imprisoned for incidents related to mobile gamers not visiting, and I find they never miss a single day. The wifi sucks here in this maximum facility, but at least I can trade cigarettes for donut money. :D

I hope the conjugal visits with Patty and Selma are going well!!

I would describe them as insatiable, as long as I dress like some guy called MacGyver...
  • amytobler894
    79 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    IF you visit everyone on your neighbor list and they don't you should replace them. As others have said it may take time to build a good list.
  • luckyzl230
    158 posts
    edited February 2015
    Thanks to everyone who has brought good ideas to me.
    In the past I kept a spread sheet of everyone who visited me.
    I took screen shots of the names after I clicked a building.
    Thus that was a lot of work so now I don't bother anymore and spend more time on making my SF look nice.
    Furthermore, my wife is now jealous of how nice my SF looks and wants me to do hers. LOL
    I'm going to start deleting some inactives (that I see from memory that don't visit and added some forum members)
    For those that responded to my post please look for my friend request :)
    I have a nice looking SF and hope you enjoy looking at it while you tap around.

Lucky
  • WickedProg
    12 posts
    edited February 2015
    As a "W" and at the end of everyone one of my friends lists, I make a point of starting out at Other Springfield and going left to hit the end of my list first.

• dcacooper
    394 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Don't worry about your place in the alphabet ... My name begins with 'D' and I only get visits from around 25% of my neighbours as well.
  • WickedProg
    12 posts
    edited February 2015
    I also forgot to add, that friends at the end of your list tend to have more open event clickables than those at the front that everyone else is hitting, which is the other reason to hit the end of your friends lists first.

you don't have to search for a phone in between all those atomic symbols.

-wp
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    WickedProg wrote:
    As a "W" and at the end of everyone one of my friends lists, I make a point of starting out at Other Springfield and going left to hit the end of my list first.

I do this too. It makes sense to me because the arrow to go back is right where my thumb is. If that makes sense... But I do go through the entire list and don't stop in the middle.

An even better way would be to start at the M's. I've heard you get more random donuts when you start at M... Read it on the Internet somewhere. :mrgreen:
  • ColourfulxRain
    16 posts
    edited February 2015
    I don't worry too much about getting visits between events, and I'm doing pretty good this event, I'd say about 70% are visiting me. Every other day I start at the opposite end of my friends list while visiting so if I didn't finish the list for whatever reason, no one's really left out for long. I am guilty of missing days here and there between events though! :lol:

Also, clear out the inactives regularly! It really helps.
  • velinadelinis
    2093 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I maintain my list. So long as your visiting around new FP releases as well as events, I'm cool. I do however have an expectation that there is always something to tap in towns when I visit. One less town to tap is one less donut. I delete 2-3 people per month these days. Events always get deleted people as well. I had 3 people who had not begun collecting rods by yesterday. All gone and replaced now :lol:
  • zafofabi18
    188 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    WickedProg wrote:

Starting with a "Z", i hear you; and just like a joint, always pass to the left! I feel as if I'm visited more than others usually being the first person left of "OS".

~ You can change your origin / tsto name. I was Zafofabi18, changed my name to Zafobi, now when people try to add my old name (this forum name) it doesn't work lol. Tried finding if I could change my name on here but no luck, no biggie :)
  • Chivalrous42
    417 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    An even better way would be to start at the M's. I've heard you get more random donuts when you start at M... Read it on the Internet somewhere. :mrgreen:

It's true, the M's are MAGIC. :mrgreen:
  • maryclaire1
    6018 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    moarku wrote:

It's true, the M's are MAGIC. :mrgreen:

:D:D
  • 0_yommmi
    34 posts
    edited February 2015
    Same situation here. This is exactly why I had to add the 0 in front of my name recently. Less than 1/3 of my daily neighbors visit me usually before. Even now it is about half but I'm grateful to these neighbors. I know all my neighbors played daily as they clear handshakes but most wouldn't visit. Then I realize a lot of those level 48-49 towns are probably feeder towns, and most people don't have time to visit all of feeder towns' neighbors, even during events. They just clear handshakes. I guess people who actually get mostly visiting neighbors are all very lucky, and I want to thank all my actually visiting neighbors.
  • 5isal3
    15 posts
    edited February 2015
    I changed my name from sisal3 to 5isal3 to try and overcome the problem.... It didn't make much difference at all! I still only get visited by approx 40% of my neighbours. I visit every day whether there's an event or not (except once a month when I reset my visiting time back as it gets later every day!). Feel free to add me... I'd love to have more great neighbours :-)
  • barryriddl474
    4831 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    The BBC recently aired a documentary on how starting at names beginning with "B" will substantially increase odds of getting a Homer Buddha on your 5th day of your daily combo bonus. Further investigation revealed that if you'd like to double those odds and increase your chances with love, the lottery, that raise at work you've been wanting, and more, start at names beginning with "Ba".
  • ohstop1
    5 posts
    edited February 2015
    I know we all have real lives and daily visits are not always possible but it's disappointing when you visit people every day and they can't return the favor even a few times a week. I would estimate that 90% of my friends are level 47 and above and show up as having recently logged on to Origin and yet still I only get the same smallish handful of visitors every day. Is it just because my name starts with an O? Because of this, I also start at the Z's and go backwards just because I think there are so many more like me who don't get visits regularly during events.

I have taken to only tapping buildings during this event and not the criminals once I've gotten all the criminal pies/rods for the day. It makes visits go a lot faster and everyone still gets loot from me stopping by. I've also deleted people who haven't played for two weeks or more. There are always others out there who want friends so I don't feel bad about cutting them loose.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.